2023 BOA Grand National Championships (Nov. 9-11)

josephbandfan

1 hour ago, LeanderMomma said:

Ugh it’s driving me crazy that I can’t edit this topic. 🤣

Confirmed bands as of 2/15/23 (33):
Avon H.S., IN
Bentonville H.S., AR
Brownsburg H.S., IN
Carmel H.S., IN
Center Grove H.S., IN
Centerville H.S., OH
Central Hardin H.S., KY
Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
Dripping Springs H.S., TX
East Clinton H.S., OH
Fishers H.S., IN
Greenfield-Central H.S., IN
Hebron H.S., TX
Homestead H.S., IN
Huron Valley, MI
James Bowie H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
Lambert H.S., GA
Lawrence Township, IN
Marian Catholic H.S., IL
Miamisburg H.S., OH
Morton H.S., IL
Neosho H.S., MO
Norton H.S., OH
Pearland H.S., TX
Pinecrest Academy of Nevada Cadence, NV
Plainfield H.S., IN
Rockford H.S., MI
Round Rock H.S., TX
The Woodlands H.S., TX

Tri County H.S., MI
William Mason H.S., OH
Worthington Kilbourne H.S., OH

You can't edit the topic?!?!?!?! lol

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

So I just wanna make sure I’m on the right page regarding broken Arrow. So they go 2 years, and then off year? Just wondering if we should be expecting them. Also, does anyone know when Tarpon Springs normally announces if they are going? They are the one “famous band” from out of tx I haven’t gotten to seen live, and they have some of my favorite all time shows. 

Broken Arrow doesn’t have a pattern, the last few years have just been a  crazy coincidence. 

Tarpon Springs usually doesn’t announce their calendar until way later, but given their pattern rn it’s easy to make a guess.

2 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Also, around when do tickets open up to purchase. When I went in 21 it was long after they were for sale so seats were okay but I wanna be ready for this year.

I was in charge of getting tickets for Hendrickson last year and the public sale started September 1st.  There are group sales in August for the schools so they can get block tickets together.  

On 2/13/2023 at 11:22 PM, Tubalord11 said:

I do also agree with you. both Henny and SLC made it after, with SLC coming on-top after a very ruff start to the season. However, considering their are 7 Tx bands confirmed with the possibility of more, the amazing Indiana bands, WM, proboaly Dobbins Bennit, it's looking to be the most stacked boa gn to date, but I'd love for them to join the list, just may not be the best decision if they want an almost 100% guarantee fianls spot. 

I’d say Hendrickson and SLC were far from locks to make finals last year, but they still put it on their schedule and made their most of their seasons, Grand Nats finals obviously being a tremendous goal/motivator/etc. Not every band has the same goals of course, but I think if one band staff feels they’re ready to put on a fantastic performance, whether it’s “finals-worthy” or not, they should absolutely go and give their students that opportunity. If Coppell decided to go this year like Pearland now choosing to go, it’d be the same comment with them. Pearland are definitely a finals contender here if they maintain their solid string of results that they have over the past several years, same with Coppell. It’ll be interesting to see where they land!

2 minutes ago, Vidal28 said:

I’d say Hendrickson and SLC were far from locks to make finals last year, but they still put it on their schedule and made their most of their seasons, Grand Nats finals obviously being a tremendous goal/motivator/etc. Not every band has the same goals of course, but I think if one band staff feels they’re ready to put on a fantastic performance, whether it’s “finals-worthy” or not, they should absolutely go and give their students that opportunity. If Coppell decided to go this year like Pearland now choosing to go, it’d be the same comment with them. Pearland are definitely a finals contender here if they maintain their solid string of results that they have over the past several years, same with Coppell. It’ll be interesting to see where they land!

My goodness if Coppell went, we’d have 9 tx bands, with 8(unless dripping springs activates god mode next season) being guaranteed and/or a really good contender for finals!!!

19 hours ago, josephbandfan said:

RIP 💀 

I vote we start a new Grand Nats thread 

Ha no, you’re good. ♥️♥️

If the TXBands boys would make me a mod, I could help out around here. 😊 I get it tho. They’ve been holding down the fort now for a really long time. And It’s hard to add new people to the mix!  

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

As of 5/7/23 we have 53 confirmed bands for GN including 8 from Texas (in bold):

Archbishop Alter H.S., OH
Avon H.S., IN
Avon H.S., OH
Bartlett H.S., TN
Bentonville H.S., AR
Brownsburg H.S., IN
Carmel H.S., IN
Carroll H.S., IN
Center Grove H.S., IN
Centerville H.S., OH
Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
Clinton-Massie H.S., OH
Collinsville H.S., IL
Columbus Schools, IN
Dartmouth H.S., MA
Dripping Springs H.S., TX
East Clinton H.S., OH
Fishers H.S., IN
Green Hope H.S., NC
Hamilton H.S., OH
Hebron H.S., TX
Homestead H.S., IN
Huron Valley, MI
James Bowie H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX

Lake Central H.S., IN
Lambert H.S., GA
Lawrence Township, IN
Marian Catholic H.S., IL
Meade County H.S., KY
Miamisburg H.S., OH
Milford H.S., OH
Morton H.S., IL
Neosho H.S., MO
Norton H.S., OH
Ohio County H.S., KY
Pearland H.S., TX
Pinecrest Academy of Nevada Cadence, NV
Plainfield H.S., IN
Plymouth-Canton E.P., MI
Rockford H.S., MI
Round Rock H.S., TX
South Greene H.S., TN
Station Camp H.S., TN
Sullivan H.S., MO
The Woodlands H.S., TX
Tri County H.S., MI
University H.S., IL
Walled Lake Schools, MI
Walter E. Stabbins H.S., OH
William Mason H.S., OH
Woodford County H.S., KY
Worthington Kilbourne H.S., OH

I'm so excited to see how Hebron, Pearland, and James Bowie do at this contest! I already have a feeling The Woodlands will make the top 5

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, packwick said:

Avon, Blue Springs, Brownsburg, Carmel, CTJ, Hebron, James Bowie, Keller, Pearland, Round Rock, TWHS, and William Mason. def a chance for Fishers, Dripping Springs, and maaaybe Homestead? dunno. small bubble. tx could put 7+ in finals this year. fishers prob most likely to ruin it lol.

I didn't think Blue Springs is attending this year.

9 hours ago, packwick said:

Avon, Blue Springs, Brownsburg, Carmel, CTJ, Hebron, James Bowie, Keller, Pearland, Round Rock, TWHS, and William Mason. def a chance for Fishers, Dripping Springs, and maaaybe Homestead? dunno. small bubble. tx could put 7+ in finals this year. fishers prob most likely to ruin it lol.

I'd be pretty surprised if any one of CTJ, Hebron, Keller, Pearland, Round Rock, or The Woodlands misses the cut for National Finals this year. Those bands' performances at San Antonio last year suggests they're locks, unless some other top band signs up between now and November.

I think James Bowie was 15th at San Antonio prelims last year, so they're in a great position to make finals at Nationals as well, although I also think Fishers and Brownsburg could put up a really strong fight, and if they're both successful, it could be Bowie who misses the cut.

Dripping Springs will probably be right on the edge of finals as well. Although they weren't near the finals cut for San Antonio last year, we saw that that's not really a prerequisite for making finals at Nationals!