2023 BOA Grand National Championships (Nov. 9-11)

josephbandfan

46 minutes ago, icantbelieveitsnotbeter said:

Pearland is NOT YET confirmed to be going to Grand Nationals next season, I will provide an update once an announcement has been made. Our head director's decision to go to Grand Nationals was based on the results of our 2022 BOA SA and UIL State performance, so Grand Nationals is highly anticipated which may be causing this confusion. However, nothing yet has been officially said or sent out to the students, parents, and the band booster club and the directors have not started to make official plans for next year yet. Fear not, our directors have been foreshadowing a secret big trip next season, so stay tuned.

I would think this would be a hard decision at this point considering how many potential finalists from Texas are already committed to attend.

5 minutes ago, icantbelieveitsnotbeter said:

Agreed. Personally, I believe that we forfeit next year’s Grand Nationals season and save us the money for a later year. We can still attend UIL State and BOA SA contests and earn higher rankings as compared to previous years since I heard some schools are forfeiting SA based on the date of the UIL State Marching Band Contest.

also how the heck do we reply to messages?

There is a "quote" option near the bottom a post, next to a plus sign which is "multiQuote".

22 minutes ago, icantbelieveitsnotbeter said:

Agreed. Personally, I believe that we forfeit next year’s Grand Nationals season and save us the money for a later year. We can still attend UIL State and BOA SA contests and earn higher rankings as compared to previous years since I heard some schools are forfeiting SA based on the date of the UIL State Marching Band Contest.

also how the heck do we reply to messages?

I personally think yall are strong enough to make it this year assuming the program continues it's upward trajectory. While a ton of tx bands are already going, this band also seems to peek closer to the end of the season, but I do understand with how heavy the competition is gonna be that waiting till 2024 may be beneficial. 

11 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I personally think yall are strong enough to make it this year assuming the program continues it's upward trajectory. While a ton of tx bands are already going, this band also seems to peek closer to the end of the season, but I do understand with how heavy the competition is gonna be that waiting till 2024 may be beneficial. 

Still, the Grand Nationals is a different competition and if you've never been there before, you will be at a disadvantage to the ones that have. Also, much can change between San Antonio and there.

11 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Yeah, I would say the same considering they are at this point a consistent BOASA finalist, state finalist. I don’t see why they couldn’t also make finals this year, even with the stacked line-up. The school and the program know best of course, we all wish them luck when they do finally make the trip!

4 minutes ago, Vidal28 said:

Yeah, I would say the same considering they are at this point a consistent BOASA finalist, state finalist. I don’t see why they couldn’t also make finals this year, even with the stacked line-up. The school and the program know best of course, we all wish them luck when they do finally make the trip!

I do also agree with you. both Henny and SLC made it after, with SLC coming on-top after a very ruff start to the season. However, considering their are 7 Tx bands confirmed with the possibility of more, the amazing Indiana bands, WM, proboaly Dobbins Bennit, it's looking to be the most stacked boa gn to date, but I'd love for them to join the list, just may not be the best decision if they want an almost 100% guarantee fianls spot. 

Early thoughts on the confirmed Team Texas bands:

Locks for Finals:

Hebron - Championship Contender.  If their visual product can match their incredible players, the sky is the limit!

Woodlands - Always innovative, world-class guard.  Probably a lock for the top half if they continue with the style from the last couple of seasons.

CTJ - Will be interested to see how they do with a new director, but a finalist until they prove they aren't.

Round Rock - Breakout year in 2022.  Always incredible percussion, but the rest of the band stepped up to join them.  Expect great things from them!

Keller - Had a "down" year in 2022, and still made finals at BOA SA and 6A State comfortably.  One of the best playing groups in the nation.  If they bring a great product, they could really make a statement.

High Bubble:

Pearland - Has really been on the rise the last few years.  Hasn't made the jump into the "lock" category for BOA SA and UIL State, which is what gives me pause.  However, they will play and move really, really well, and depending on what the national representation is could absolutely knock off a band from another state and make it in!  

Mid Bubble:

James Bowie - Hasn't made BOA SA finals since 2019 or UIL 6A finals since 2014... finished just behind Pearland for the last spot at the Super Regional last year.  In another year, they would be a lock but there may be too many heavy-hitters for them to break in.  That being said, they did finish 3rd at the Orlando regional last year so we know their product travels!  

Semi-Finalist:

Dripping Springs - They have always played well, and will likely place high in semis.  Again, in another year they would be in the mix for finals.

6 hours ago, bancl said:

Early thoughts on the confirmed Team Texas bands:

Locks for Finals:

Hebron - Championship Contender.  If their visual product can match their incredible players, the sky is the limit!

Woodlands - Always innovative, world-class guard.  Probably a lock for the top half if they continue with the style from the last couple of seasons.

CTJ - Will be interested to see how they do with a new director, but a finalist until they prove they aren't.

Round Rock - Breakout year in 2022.  Always incredible percussion, but the rest of the band stepped up to join them.  Expect great things from them!

Keller - Had a "down" year in 2022, and still made finals at BOA SA and 6A State comfortably.  One of the best playing groups in the nation.  If they bring a great product, they could really make a statement.

High Bubble:

Pearland - Has really been on the rise the last few years.  Hasn't made the jump into the "lock" category for BOA SA and UIL State, which is what gives me pause.  However, they will play and move really, really well, and depending on what the national representation is could absolutely knock off a band from another state and make it in!  

Mid Bubble:

James Bowie - Hasn't made BOA SA finals since 2019 or UIL 6A finals since 2014... finished just behind Pearland for the last spot at the Super Regional last year.  In another year, they would be a lock but there may be too many heavy-hitters for them to break in.  That being said, they did finish 3rd at the Orlando regional last year so we know their product travels!  

Semi-Finalist:

Dripping Springs - They have always played well, and will likely place high in semis.  Again, in another year they would be in the mix for finals.

It would be interesting to see Hebron’s results next year against Indy bands like Carmel and Avon given their 2 consecutive BOA SA titles, but the past has little to say about a program’s future.

Ugh it’s driving me crazy that I can’t edit this topic. 🤣

Confirmed bands as of 2/15/23 (33):
Avon H.S., IN
Bentonville H.S., AR
Brownsburg H.S., IN
Carmel H.S., IN
Center Grove H.S., IN
Centerville H.S., OH
Central Hardin H.S., KY
Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
Dripping Springs H.S., TX
East Clinton H.S., OH
Fishers H.S., IN
Greenfield-Central H.S., IN
Hebron H.S., TX
Homestead H.S., IN
Huron Valley, MI
James Bowie H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
Lambert H.S., GA
Lawrence Township, IN
Marian Catholic H.S., IL
Miamisburg H.S., OH
Morton H.S., IL
Neosho H.S., MO
Norton H.S., OH
Pearland H.S., TX
Pinecrest Academy of Nevada Cadence, NV
Plainfield H.S., IN
Rockford H.S., MI
Round Rock H.S., TX
The Woodlands H.S., TX

Tri County H.S., MI
William Mason H.S., OH
Worthington Kilbourne H.S., OH

So I just wanna make sure I’m on the right page regarding broken Arrow. So they go 2 years, and then off year? Just wondering if we should be expecting them. Also, does anyone know when Tarpon Springs normally announces if they are going? They are the one “famous band” from out of tx I haven’t gotten to seen live, and they have some of my favorite all time shows. 

1 hour ago, LeanderMomma said:

Ugh it’s driving me crazy that I can’t edit this topic. 🤣

Confirmed bands as of 2/15/23 (33):
Avon H.S., IN
Bentonville H.S., AR
Brownsburg H.S., IN
Carmel H.S., IN
Center Grove H.S., IN
Centerville H.S., OH
Central Hardin H.S., KY
Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
Dripping Springs H.S., TX
East Clinton H.S., OH
Fishers H.S., IN
Greenfield-Central H.S., IN
Hebron H.S., TX
Homestead H.S., IN
Huron Valley, MI
James Bowie H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
Lambert H.S., GA
Lawrence Township, IN
Marian Catholic H.S., IL
Miamisburg H.S., OH
Morton H.S., IL
Neosho H.S., MO
Norton H.S., OH
Pearland H.S., TX
Pinecrest Academy of Nevada Cadence, NV
Plainfield H.S., IN
Rockford H.S., MI
Round Rock H.S., TX
The Woodlands H.S., TX

Tri County H.S., MI
William Mason H.S., OH
Worthington Kilbourne H.S., OH

I'm sorry 😭 🤣. Is it not one of your almighty admin powers?!?