WHAT A SEASON- Now Time for 2023!

10 hours ago, Dave609 said:

All I can say is WHAT A SEASON! This year started off with many surprises that I don't think many were ready for! Bands in Texas were on a whole new level this year that we didn't know what to expect come BOA SA Super Regional, UIL State, and BOA Grand Nationals.  All bands brought their all, which made this season one to remember! I can say that there are some notable bands that need some recognition!

Cedar Ridge- Had one AMAZING season! They won at BOA Austin, beating favorites such as Ronald Reagan and Claudia Taylor Johnson, and then go on to State to win the Bronze Medal! What an amazing season from them and I can't wait to see what they have in store!

Hebron- WHAT can I say! Hebron brought the music to all who would listen and they gave us a show to remember! Winning Back-To-Back SA Super Regionals is not easy, yet Hebron did it! Taking the Silver Medal in a tie-breaker is something that we will never forget! 

Vandegrift- WINNING STATE! They won State in spectacular fashion, which of course was in a tie-breaker! 

Celina- They went from not making State since 2005 to winning the 4A State Title against three fan favorites, that is not an easy task! 

Carmel- THEY SWEPT GRAND NATIONALS!

And of course, to all bands that competed, THANK YOU!!!! I can't wait to cover next year, hopefully I get to attend more contests!!!! Can't wait to see what next season brings, and of course, it's now time for a much needed break! See ya'll in 2023! Also let us know what was most surprising about this season!!!

Just an fyi, Cedar Ridge won boa Houston, not Austin. Just thought I’d let you know, but thanks for the message!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, KidInBand said:

Ngl I feel like Tompkins Hs has something big planned, they might do well in 2023, might even make it to state in 2023. They always surprise me

Tompkins is one of the hidden gems of houston. All they need is a show design to show off their rich musical talent a bit better. 

On 11/24/2022 at 3:05 PM, KidInBand said:

Maybe with the new band directors they got from Pearland will allow Tompkins to show their true musical color

As a Pearland Sophomore, i didn't get to know them very well before they left but Mr. Brown and Mr. Hernandez are 2 great directors and I hope they bring Tompkins to new heights. We saw them after our show at Katy and Conroe and we all enjoyed saying hi.

15 hours ago, Sk23 said:

As a Pearland Sophomore, i didn't get to know them very well before they left but Mr. Brown and Mr. Hernandez are 2 great directors and I hope they bring Tompkins to new heights. We saw them after our show at Katy and Conroe and we all enjoyed saying hi.

Pearland has a MASTER staff now.  Clay Jasper was one of the creative geniuses behind the rise of North Shore and Galena Park HS back in the days.  Pearland has always had great directors, but this staff is by far the most progressive they have had ever.  Good people over there.

Tompkins as the same director since the school opened and he has done a great job.  That area of Houston is starting to get stupid competitive.  If Friendswood comes back to 6A it will be come even more insane.  It is nice to have more than The Woodlands represent Houston at any contest.  Houston is slowly starting to come back to life.  It is a great city but has seen some big shifts since the Spring ISD programs have somewhat faded away, though they are still very good.

Keep an eye on Jordan and Katy.  They may have something to say about a potential Tompkins surge.  Katy did tie out of the SMC.

• 3 months later...