Any bands who surprised you at the 4a

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 10:07 PM, criscubes said:

Personally I thought Krum was going to take 1st place at area b for 4a. My band went against them at the Aubrey invitational and their show was great. Definitely surprised they got 9th in finals.

I definitely agree with this. I saw them at boa dfw and they absolutely deserved that class A title. The opening with the trumpet and other duet was just incredible, and they put out such amazing sounds for their size. However, it seemed based on the video I saw of their finals run that the cold weather got to them that evening, and they seemed to hit their peek around the middle of the season, having their full show done by dfw, while the other bands were just getting the end of their shows together. Regardless  they have a bright future ahead of them for sure! 

On 12/10/2022 at 12:26 PM, J-Mike16 said:

Sulphur Springs, Davenport, Floresville, West Plains, and of course Celina. All 5 of these bands really did surprise me and I am excited to see how they will fare in the upcoming years.

personally, I wasn't surprised by Sulphur Springs. I had a really good feeling about them doing well at State, and it turned out to be true. As for the other groups, I agree! They put on fantastic shows, and I can't wait to see what they bring to the table in upcoming years to make 4A even better then before!

2 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

personally, I wasn't surprised by Sulphur Springs. I had a really good feeling about them doing well at State, and it turned out to be true. As for the other groups, I agree! They put on fantastic shows, and I can't wait to see what they bring to the table in upcoming years to make 4A even better then before!

I predicted early on in the season that Sulphur Springs was not even going to make State. The fact that they finished 1st in Area Prelims, 2nd in Area Finals, 5th in State Prelims, and then 4th in State Finals exceeded my expectations from that group.