BOA San Antonio Traveling Trophy

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, JMR2022 said:

Multiple discussions today with MFA/BOA. they have approved us moving forward to design the trophy. Our current design plan is to have a wood base similar to the Kevin Trophy but slightly smaller in height and width. instead of the eagle, we are working on a the northern Mockingbird on a branch of blue bonnets - this captures the state bird and state flower while also paying respect to the CTJ namesake "Lady Bird" Johnson. In many ways it will be like the Grand National Trophy but shorter and the bird will be smaller than the eagle. it is not our intent to upstage the Grand National Trophy. Once the design is completed, we will submit it for final review and produce the trophy to be presented in November in the dome.

sounds like it'll be a really pretty trophy, exciting!

On 6/8/2023 at 4:54 PM, Tubalord11 said:

Okay, so I just want to confirm and make sure I’m not reading wrong…this is actually going to be a thing?!?!?

Yes - it is going to be a thing. I spoke with the designer this past week and submitted my concept. they are working to create a design in the next 10 days or so that we can submit to MFA/BOA for approval to produce it. it is looking good that this will happen and be ready prior to the 2023 BOA-SA Super Regional.

45 minutes ago, JMR2022 said:

Yes - it is going to be a thing. I spoke with the designer this past week and submitted my concept. they are working to create a design in the next 10 days or so that we can submit to MFA/BOA for approval to produce it. it is looking good that this will happen and be ready prior to the 2023 BOA-SA Super Regional.

OMG THIS IS AMAZING! Thank you so much for this, a traveling trophy for SA should have been a thing for a while now, but this is awesome regardless! 

7 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

OMG THIS IS AMAZING! Thank you so much for this, a traveling trophy for SA should have been a thing for a while now, but this is awesome regardless! 

it should have been - but the base will have the names of all the schools that have won it since San Antonio became a super regional in 2003 - 

• 2 months later...