2022 6A UIL State

43 minutes ago, G'townPIT said:

I subscribed to NFHS to rewatch finals, the audio is pretty muffled on the low end and the battery is mostly indecipherable. Anyone else have this experience? Trying to figure out how to rewatch BOA SA finals, does box5 have that uploaded? 

Box5 does not, but if you go into the BOA SA thread on the last page there are links to all of the finals performances

3 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

These are the bands that won both BOA SA and State in the Same Year

1994- Spring HS
2000- L.D. Bell HS
2010- Marcus HS
2012- Marcus HS
2016- Flower Mound HS
2021- Hebron HS

Rats! you beat me to it🤣

I’ll of course clarify that the programs in 2010 onward are San Antonio super regional champs while the previous groups won SA when it was just a regional. 

14 hours ago, Dave609 said:

1994- Spring HS
2000- L.D. Bell HS
2010- Marcus HS
2012- Marcus HS
2016- Flower Mound HS
2021- Hebron HS

So out of 10 editions of SA super regional + biggest conference state contests years, only 4 times has a band won both, and only 3 programs have accomplished this! And all three programs are the Lewisville trio!(my faves)😩

Similar thing is true for the simultaneous 19 editions of SASR and state contest regardless of conference. Just 4 times has a group won both, and just 3 bands have accomplished it. 

We should come up with a term for accomplishing this feat. I have 3 suggestions:

• The San Antonio-State Double

• The Alamodome Double

•The roadrunner double

Edited by Dallas Hobbs

8 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

So out of 10 editions of SA super regional + biggest conference state contests years, only 4 times has a band won both, and only 3 programs have accomplished this! And all three programs are the Lewisville trio!(my faves)😩

Similar thing is true for the simultaneous 19 editions of SASR and state contest respective of conference. Just 4 times has a group won both, and just 3 bands have accomplished it. 

We should come up with a term for accomplishing this feat. I have 3 suggestions:

• The Alamodome Double

•The roadrunner double

I like the third one best. What about you guys? Or do you have a different suggestion?

Just now, Dallas Hobbs said:

Rats! you beat me to it🤣

I’ll of course clarify that the programs in 2010 onward are San Antonio super regional champs while the previous groups won SA when it was just a regional. 

I just noticed that at the Houston Regional, there were some bands that won there that won at State as well-

1996- Westfield HS

And at the Arlington Regional-

2004- L.D. Bell HS

2008- Marcus HS

And at the Plano Regional-

2016- Flower Mound HS

And Waco Regional-

2021- Cedar Park HS

And Austin Regional-

2022- Vandegrift HS

8 hours ago, Dave609 said:

1994- Spring HS
2000- L.D. Bell HS
2010- Marcus HS
2012- Marcus HS
2016- Flower Mound HS
2021- Hebron HS

Craziest thing is that Marcus, FloMo, and Hebron all had to sweep captions at BOA SA in order to win State. So basically to double up, you literally have to be the absolute best. 

Also, I petition the SA double to be called the "Meep-Meep" 

13 hours ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Similar thing is true for the simultaneous 19 editions of SASR and state contest respective of conference. Just 4 times has a group won both, and just 3 bands have accomplished it. 

• The Alamodome Double

•The roadrunner double

what about the Double Dome W

14 hours ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

• The Alamodome Double

•The roadrunner double

How about.. The Alamo Sweep

🙂

1 hour ago, seafoodbuffet said:

I think we should make Grand Nats, the super regional, the state championship, and TMEA honor band the Band Grand Slam. Several bands have completed three legs of this, Hebron poised to be the first to complete if they win Grand Nats next year.

They’d be the second I believe- Westfield has earned all 4 of those distinctions 

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
12 hours ago, rocketfan86 said:

Thanks for the kind words... I haven't been back to the SMBC since 2015 since Alamodome started cracking down on spectators bring in recording equipment such as the simple digital camcorder and external audio recorder.

That year, I had my tripod confiscated but luckily had a small Gorillapod tucked away in my backpack... this was before Alamodome banned regular backpacks from being brought into the stadium.

I perched myself into the camera-well high above the crowd along the 50 yard line at the top of the Alamodome.

With how many bands performed in a block and how far away the concessions and restrooms were, it was difficult being a one-man operation. My brother was unable to join me in watching the bands that year.

That's why I only did prelims because I was so exhausted.

I do not think there is any way one could record the entire contest today. 

For now, I am content just going back to my home region (10) and recording/posting all the marching bands from there.

You are a legend. Sending an air hug your way!