2022 6A UIL State

3 minutes ago, crunchycookie3 said:

This is the first time LD Bell has attended the SMBC and missed finals since 1998. Very bummed for those kids, but they had a great season with a great show. Super excited to see the dominance of DFW bands at this contest (6 from DFW, 4 from Austin, 2 from San Antonio and Houston). Areas represented in finals: B (3 bands), C (3 bands), D (4 bands!!), E (1 band), F (1 band), and H (2 bands). A bit shocked to see no Area I bands in finals, but congrats to all!

Austin winning on a per capita basis. 😁

cy woods and bridgeland were so painfully close to finals! both programs set school records today for their highest non-covid-year placements in state prelims, making some big jumps from last year. although cy-fair's placement today doesn't reflect it, they have had a wonderful comeback year and have been giving established programs a run for their money all season long. congratulations to all three of these bands- with the trajectory these programs are on, i'm expecting some big stuff out of cfisd next year. super super proud of all these kids.

3 minutes ago, contrabassclarinet said:

cy woods and bridgeland were so painfully close to finals! both programs set school records today for their highest non-covid-year placements in state prelims, making some big jumps from last year. although cy-fair's placement today doesn't reflect it, they have had a wonderful comeback year and have been giving established programs a run for their money all season long. congratulations to all three of these bands- with the trajectory these programs are on, i'm expecting some big stuff out of cfisd next year. super super proud of all these kids.

Would you happen to have the recaps?

2 hours ago, TXTrumpetGuy said:

My favorite thing is when bands use source music that was also used in DCI the summer prior, and enjoying the different nuances of both. It seems like every year I hear a school put something on the field I haven't heard before, and then I remember that *insert drum corps here* played it the summer before or something.  

Many bands this year have been using phantom 2021’s music. Probably speaks again to the popularity of their show and utility of the music haha

20 minutes ago, FormerWildcat said:

NFHS is actually a multi-million dollar a year business. I scrolled down and found out their parent company is CBS Sports.

If this was an upstart I'd be more forgiving, but this stream is apparently being put on by the same company that owns Top Gun and Spongebob.

I forgot Viacom also owned The Big Bang Theory. Turns out Sheldon Cooper was a spy for them. I heard Viacom intends on sending a cease-and-desist letter to txbands.com tonight.