2022 6A UIL State

4 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Small thing but does anyone else expect the announcer to always say Flower Mound High School after they say “joining us from Flower Mound, TX…” like me? It always trips me up when they say Marcus instead😩

It's even worse when they say "Flower Mound Marcus High School." Mainly because Marcus is about 20 years older than FMHS... 😂😳😫

4 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Wow Vandegrift, just wow!!! Maybe just me, but that also seemed like their best run of the season!!! They killed the music and looked incredible! They are still hunting for another medal, and I could see it happening! But that was spectacular!!!! 

It may be recency bias, but that might have been the cleanest run of the day for me.

10 minutes ago, TXTrumpetGuy said:

How are the judges supposed to pick three medalists if there's four or five bands that are gonna show up and perform like Vandegrift just did? 

I remember at my high school’s marching contest the announcer came on after prelims performances when the judges are tabulating the scores and said “If it were easy we’d be done already”. 

6 minutes ago, TXTrumpetGuy said:

It may be recency bias, but that might have been the cleanest run of the day for me.

No, that was a pretty clean run. I think they may not have been too pleased with the result at the Super Regional and took it out on the show tonight. This is the best that I've seen them (and I've seen them a lot this year in contests, festivals, and games).

Just now, TXTrumpetGuy said:

🤣 As much as I love making predictions before and during the contests, I am so glad that my rankings don't actually have any weight in the actual results 😅

I hear you. I’m still trying to master these predictions. Sometimes my predictions are wrong for prelims but are right for finals or vice versa. Or I’ll place a band solely on one aspect of their performance instead of the whole thing, and be right for that category but not the whole placement. And I’m still trying to figure out the different ways judges adjudicate prelims vs finals. 

4 minutes ago, MikeKyu said:

No, that was a pretty clean run. I think they may not have been too pleased with the result at the Super Regional and took it out on the show tonight. This is the best that I've seen them (and I've seen them a lot this year in contests, festivals, and games).

Vandoren is very very good at getting the kiddos pumped up and ready to perform

1 minute ago, TWHSParent said:

From the Danpodcast they are doing a top half/bottom half split for finals this year just like BOA.

That's what I thought. I think the top 4-5 is so fluid, and I think 6-10 could change a bit as well. I know that big shifts is rare in BOA finals competitions, but everyone is so close right now that it wouldn't surprise me if we saw some bigger jumps/drops tomorrow.