2022 6A UIL State

31 minutes ago, itsstephenyo said:

For sure, I'm not saying Hebron is beating out SCV, Bluecoats, BD, etc, but they might be pushing top 10/top15 corps in terms of music. Hebron's music book this year is so ridiculously hard. I remember going to DCI Denton this year and thinking, "Man, Penstriped was harder on the brass than this..." 

I’d have Hebron 20th maybe, and if they spent the same amount of time as a DCI group maybe 15th. It’s a different beast entirely.

2 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Seems they fixed it. Starting to think for Clear Brook that maybe the sinth was turned up way to high, because for Marcus and Permian it was just fine. 

That was my thought too. I've definitely been there - it's so hard to catch that and adjust mid-performance when you're in front of the speakers the whole time.

1 minute ago, peshbandkid said:

Wine Dark Sea, Fly To Paradise, Symphony #10 (Shoshtakovic), and Asphalt Cocktail

The Four Horsemen of the Marching Band

My favorite thing is when bands use source music that was also used in DCI the summer prior, and enjoying the different nuances of both. It seems like every year I hear a school put something on the field I haven't heard before, and then I remember that *insert drum corps here* played it the summer before or something.