2022 6A UIL State

Just now, Vidal28 said:

I just hope that instead of being buried and capped in scores by going first, they’re more of a “gatekeeper” or “bellwether” group and set the standard for performance to begin the day🔥🔥

The Woodlands went 1st in 2018 and it was just as rough. They made it in though, and I'm thinking L.D. Bell could as well.

I really don't understand why there's no high cam option. It's the only way that I truly enjoy watching these shows. Why do these producers continue to try and force these moving/multicam options? Maddening!! I really don't care what they think is interesting. It's art...let me find what I find interesting, please. 

8 minutes ago, MikeKyu said:

I really don't understand why there's no high cam option. It's the only way that I truly enjoy watching these shows. Why do these producers continue to try and force these moving/multicam options? Maddening!! I really don't care what they think is interesting. It's art...let me find what I find interesting, please. 

And when they do a high cam shot, it’s constantly jiggling. 😵💫

I am getting a better picture of what is going on via the TXBands.com live blog vs. the live stream. Good grief! Yes, I'll send my thoughts into UIL. What a shame! Especially for families of band members who live in other states! So many disappointed grandparents and relatives out there! 😞

24 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

I’m going to copy and paste my other post here into this thread as well because it’s so important!!

Friends we need to BAND TOGETHER and ask UIL to allow the SMBC to be streamed by a service that is more Band friendly and not so much Football friendly!  Oh my goodness has the state of Texas not PROVEN to UIL that our marching bands are absolutely incredible?  This is shameful to me that a FOOTBALL streaming service is allowed first right of refusal over services like Box5 or FloMarching who SPECIALIZE in streaming marching bands!  I’m so aggravated by this. It’s an insult to our great marching bands, honestly. They deserve better. 

Having said all that, PLEASE direct your streaming complaints directly to music@uiltexas.com. Please, please, please!!!!

Done! It only takes a minute and may get results! Plus be sure to remind UIL that marching band contests are streamed by people nation-wide and will have heavy usage, therefore they need a specialized service to handle this! 

31 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

I’m going to copy and paste my other post here into this thread as well because it’s so important!!

Friends we need to BAND TOGETHER and ask UIL to allow the SMBC to be streamed by a service that is more Band friendly and not so much Football friendly!  Oh my goodness has the state of Texas not PROVEN to UIL that our marching bands are absolutely incredible?  This is shameful to me that a FOOTBALL streaming service is allowed first right of refusal over services like Box5 or FloMarching who SPECIALIZE in streaming marching bands!  I’m so aggravated by this. It’s an insult to our great marching bands, honestly. They deserve better. 

Having said all that, PLEASE direct your streaming complaints directly to music@uiltexas.com. Please, please, please!!!!

Aaand done!