6A UIL Area D 2022 Predictions/Results

33 minutes ago, urmom292 said:

i feel like maybe dripping springs could get a spot at state this year cause of UIL judges and that they usually do pretty well in uil

Right now, there are 5 bands that have placed ahead of them in various competitions.

1. Round Rock

2. Cedar Ridge

3. Westwood

4. CTJ

5. Reagan (Maybe not this band, but come on..its Reagan)

6. Bowie

This is going to be a tough contest.

48 minutes ago, BandFan95 said:

Right now, there are 5 bands that have placed ahead of them in various competitions.

1. Round Rock

2. Cedar Ridge

3. Westwood

4. CTJ

5. Reagan (Maybe not this band, but come on..its Reagan)

6. Bowie

This is going to be a tough contest.

yea but uil judges can be pretty crazy so idk

My picks for top 5: 

1. Cedar Ridge: this seems like their year and they currently have the momentum. I really think musically they dominate here. I think other groups could take visual but it might not be enough.

2. CTJ: They are always a threat for gold at this contest. A lot of cleaning should be done by the 29th so it depends on how they compare to CR. 

3. Reagan: This year Reagan if they clean can be a force visually but is lacking in music which can be a hard factor to overcome at a UIL contest. I think the other RR will be a challenge for them this year. 

4. Round Rock: They are doing so much better this year. They are clean and ready for a return to state. I think that musically they can top Reagan but they need to really perform strong in finals. 

5. Westwood or Bowie: The fifth spot will be hard to predict but I think these bands hold the higher cards. DS is good but this is a 6A contest so the difficulty level is way up. I always go in thinking any thing can happen so I hope for the best for everyone. It will be one heck of a contest and can't wait to be there for finals. 

On 10/19/2022 at 6:20 PM, abtwitch said:

My Top 10 (alphabetical order):

Cedar Ridge

Claudia Taylor Johnson

Dripping Springs

James Bowie

McNeil

New Braunfels

Ronald Reagan

Round Rock

Westwood

Winston Churchill

Other bands that I think could sneak in include Harker Heights, Midway, and Weiss

Heights and Midway have stepped it up this year, but I don't see Dripping Springs scoring that high to be honest. 

Final Predictions

1. Cedar Ridge
  2. Ronald Reagan
  3. Claudia Taylor Johnson
  4. Round Rock
  5. James Bowie
  6. Westwood
  7. Dripping Springs
  8. Weiss
  9. Winston Churchill
  10. New Braunfels

The top 3 of Cedar Ridge, Reagan, and CTJ are locks to advance to state, with the order between them possibly shifting. Round Rock has bounced back from a somewhat disappointing 2021 season with a great show and looks likely to advance. I think James Bowie will be able to edge out Westwood for the last state qualifying spot, but it will be tight. After the top 6 it gets a lot more wide open in terms of who will fill out the rest of the finalist spots, so I wouldn't be surprised to see any variety of bands like Midway, Harker Heights, McNeil, etc. take the spots of the bands I have listed.

Since this Area is pretty spicy, and because I'm going, I'll make a predictions list 'cause why not? 

1. Cedar Ridge
  2. CTJ
  3. Reagan
  4. Round Rock
  5. Westwood
  6. Bowie
  7. Drip
  8. Churchill
  9. McNeil
  10. Weiss/San Marcos/Midway/Idk who spot No. 10 is gonna go to. 

I've seen most of the bands I listed. Super excited for Saturday. Y'all will see me, but you won't know it's me :)

9 minutes ago, AlphaOmega said:

Since this Area is pretty spicy, and because I'm going, I'll make a predictions list 'cause why not? 

1. Cedar Ridge
  2. CTJ
  3. Reagan
  4. Round Rock
  5. Westwood
  6. Bowie
  7. Drip
  8. Churchill
  9. McNeil
  10. Weiss/San Marcos/Midway/Idk who spot No. 10 is gonna go to. 

I've seen most of the bands I listed. Super excited for Saturday. Y'all will see me, but you won't know it's me :)

Forgot to list New Braunfels in the list of No. 10 contenders. Whoops. 

On 10/25/2022 at 11:12 PM, BandFan59 said:

Final Predictions

1. Cedar Ridge
  2. Ronald Reagan
  3. Claudia Taylor Johnson
  4. Round Rock
  5. James Bowie
  6. Westwood
  7. Dripping Springs
  8. Weiss
  9. Winston Churchill
  10. New Braunfels

The top 3 of Cedar Ridge, Reagan, and CTJ are locks to advance to state, with the order between them possibly shifting. Round Rock has bounced back from a somewhat disappointing 2021 season with a great show and looks likely to advance. I think James Bowie will be able to edge out Westwood for the last state qualifying spot, but it will be tight. After the top 6 it gets a lot more wide open in terms of who will fill out the rest of the finalist spots, so I wouldn't be surprised to see any variety of bands like Midway, Harker Heights, McNeil, etc. take the spots of the bands I have listed.

I like Weiss's show but they haven't been very competitive this year against this competition so I think you have them a little high.