6A UIL Area D 2022 Predictions/Results

51 minutes ago, urmom292 said:

i am wondering why groups like bowie and dripping springs are in this area even though it’s a mostly san antonio and round rock area and not austin

HS Band alignments are much like life,  they do not always make sense and you will go crazy trying to figure them out.   Alignments are one of the greater mysteries of the universe.

54 minutes ago, urmom292 said:

i am wondering why groups like bowie and dripping springs are in this area even though it’s a mostly san antonio and round rock area and not austin

But it is Austin. 

Round Rock ISD has 5 high schools. Two and a half of them are in Austin. (Westwood and McNeil are in Austin. Half meaning part of Round Rock High is zoned in the Austin city limits.) For that matter, parts of Cedar Park are zoned to go to Round Rock High.  Then you have all of the AISD schools in the area along with parts of San Antonio and the spaces between. Let's be honest. Dripping Springs is now a suburb of Austin. So if you look at the IH35 corridor, the area sorta makes sense OUTSIDE of the areas north of Round Rock. That zone between Waco and Bryan just feels weird. 

On 10/14/2022 at 2:45 PM, BandFan95 said:

But it is Austin. 

Round Rock ISD has 5 high schools. Two and a half of them are in Austin. (Westwood and McNeil are in Austin. Half meaning part of Round Rock High is zoned in the Austin city limits.) For that matter, parts of Cedar Park are zoned to go to Round Rock High.  Then you have all of the AISD schools in the area along with parts of San Antonio and the spaces between. Let's be honest. Dripping Springs is now a suburb of Austin. So if you look at the IH35 corridor, the area sorta makes sense OUTSIDE of the areas north of Round Rock. That zone between Waco and Bryan just feels weird. 

yea that pretty much answered my question 

On 10/14/2022 at 1:47 PM, urmom292 said:

Houston 5a is weirder. Last year, there where some bands that had to drive an hour to get to area E, while the area I contest was literally in the same zip code (Barbers Hill, Baytown schools, La Porte, etc)

On 10/14/2022 at 2:45 PM, BandFan95 said:

But it is Austin. 

6A Area D is geographically weird to me. Waco, all the way down to San Antonio, and as far east as College Station. the Bryan/College Station 5A's arent even in Area D

2 minutes ago, BandFan95 said:

Its there. Go to the main site and choose Area D Marching

I see it now. Was the link just made active recently? I thought I had checked it as recently as yesterday. I probably just needed to be patient :D. But yeah, thanks so much!