Wylie Marching Invitational 2022 (Oct. 1)

4 minutes ago, lost said:

Anyone catch a video of Flower Mound?

It’s on the livestream of you wanna go back. Definitely a very easy show for FlowerMound. I don’t really know what they are going for with this show and yes they won, but there wasn’t a ton of competition. But boa next weekend is gonna be ruff for them, unless of course it’s not. We may not being seeing them in the slots were use to 

Just finished watching Flower Mound. Not quite sure what to think about them this year. They sound really great and all of the technical passages were performed really well, but the show seems overly simplistic this year. A Superman themed show sounds interesting off the bat but after watching the show I'm not really sure into how the theme ties in other than their uniforms. Might just be something that I'll have to get used to watching it more and more but I'm just not sure about them this year.

Somethings going on with the Lewisville schools at least to me, Flower mound despite their easier show visually, had pretty visible errors, and impacts weren't as strong as their regular output, and Marcus scored pretty low at HEB, almost getting beat by Wakeland (no disrespect by the way, Wakeland is clearly putting in a lot of work) but Marcus’s score is lower than usual, DFW BOA is going to be pretty interesting, and I have no idea how Hebron is doing right now.

5 minutes ago, TrenBS said:

Somethings going on with the Lewisville schools at least to me, Flower mound despite their easier show visually, had pretty visible errors, and impacts weren't as strong as their regular output, and Marcus scored pretty low at HEB, almost getting beat by Wakeland (no disrespect by the way, Wakeland is clearly putting in a lot of work) but Marcus’s score is lower than usual, DFW BOA is going to be pretty interesting, and I have no idea how Hebron is doing right now.

I don't think there is anything significant going on.  The DFW area schools tend to be on a slower trajectory than the Austin and Houston area schools each year, but they always get there.

9 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Summit was good… but definitely can see the effects of the director change. Maybe it’s just the sound, but they sound so quite compared to the past few years. We unfortunately may not see them in finals. 

Yeah, that's new director's style.

Past few years, Summit would pick music that would have a "park and bark" right away and they would go full face melt fortississimo. It's effective. It grabs your attention.

But it's the new directors' show. They have a different vision. I wish them well.

29 minutes ago, LostChoirGuy said:

I don't think there is anything significant going on.  The DFW area schools tend to be on a slower trajectory than the Austin and Houston area schools each year, but they always get there.

Well the issue is not that they arent clean, but more that the shows are easier than recent years but are visibly sloppier, at this point in the season with the COVID year not being too much of a valid excuse considering last years success for both.

And I am not saying they are bad, faaaaar from it, but its just odd to me how dirty they are with a relatively simple show FOR Flower Mound, could just be a rough start and be completely wrong come the end of the season.

1 hour ago, TrenBS said:

Wakeland even beat Marcus in prelims.