4A UIL Area D Predictions 2022

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Liam Allen said:

I am saying this as a recent(last year) China Spring band alum

China Spring is going to get fifth in area finals like they always do.

Then they will proceed to wipe the floor with every band from area D at state.

They fall into the same group with many other bands, where the show peaks at State or any other major competition at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, bxOxAxUIL said:

I think Alvarado has a strong chance of winning this Area.

Alvarado has a great show this year. Theme carried through very successfully. Good design, excellent use of the guard. Definitely was very clean pretty fast. Some of the more difficult programs have taken some time to come around but may have caught up. Fredricksburg, China and Burnet may go 1,2,3 in some order. But Alvarado definitely in the mix. I think they’re a lock for state. 

15 hours ago, TBonesNeverQuitGo said:

Do we have performance order yet?

Kennedale, Burnett, Alvarado and China Spring with a massive fight for 3-6. 

tough area this year. Wish there was a place to watch each show. 

The performance order isn’t out yet. It’ll be posted hopefully as soon as tomorrow, but it’s more like next week.

25 minutes ago, Olokok said:

Nnot in any particular order but Alvarado, China springs, Springtown, Godley, and Kennedale.

Slipped Godley in there considering they have beat multiple bands above their area during festivals from this year. Hope we get to see them in state! The show is very fun and quirky.

I can see Godley being the dark horse for this Area. I think if they were to make State, it would be that last spot. Is it 4 or 5 spots to advance?

11 minutes ago, TBonesNeverQuitGo said:

I’m a little concerned about the wind tomorrow. Props and mics are going to struggle in prelims. Hopefully the judges can differentiate wind issues from actual issues. 

Normally they do forgive those issues. When I went to Area in 2018, it was very hot that our soundboard was malfunctioning. We still got 3rd in Prelims though!

19 hours ago, Liam Allen said:

4A Area D State Qualifiers:

5 - Gatesville

4 - Alvarado

3 - Burnet

2 - China Spring

1 - Springtown

Very Disappointed for Kennedale who finished 6th. Was such an incredible package and performance. Great show. So very proud of Mr. Oktay and his band for a great year. Good job Kennedale.