27 WILLIS
28 KLEIN OAK
29 MacARTHUR
30 KLEIN COLLINS
31 CANEY CREEK
32 WESTFIELD

(Most Likely 5 Bands Advance to State)

• 4 weeks later...

This area is cool because there are quite a few programs that are "on the come up," which I guess you could say for basically every area in the Houston Area. You've got the Spring ISD programs becoming more solid every year. The Klein ISD schools have also performed well in recent seasons. North Shore is no stranger to making state in this area. Tomball Memorial continues to look good. New Caney, in their first year as a 6A school, could make finals. I wonder what this area will look like in a couple of years.

Here’s how I think the finals draw would be

1: The woodlands 

2: Klein Oak

3: Oak Ridge

4: Klein Cain

5: College Park

6: Tomball Memorial 

7: Tomball

8: Klein collins

9: North Shore 

10:Grand Oaks

If there are going to be 5 state spots then 5th is a toss up between college park, memorial, and Tomball with 6 spots it would be a toss up with Tomball, Tomball Memorial and collins

Just now, Sanif said:

Here’s how I think the finals draw would be

1: Klein Oak

2: Oak Ridge

3: Klein Cain

4: College Park

5: Tomball Memorial 

6: Tomball

7: Klein collins

8: North Shore 

9:Grand Oaks

10: Westfield 

Remember, The Woodlands is competing this year. I like your predictions though, just The Woodlands would take one of those spots

41 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

Remember, The Woodlands is competing this year. I like your predictions though, just The Woodlands would take one of those spots

The woodlands is competing this year? I thought they didn’t go to state, but I really think Tomball has a good chance of taking a state spot if the woodlands aren’t competing and the state spots are 6

11 minutes ago, Sanif said:

The woodlands is competing this year? I thought they didn’t go to state, but I really think Tomball has a good chance of taking a state spot if the woodlands aren’t competing and the state spots are 6

The Woodlands only chose not to compete last year because they were going to Grand Nationals and opted out of state. They'll be going to state this year.

27 minutes ago, Sanif said:

I think they only skipped last year because of the Grand Nationals trip. More often than not they go to state 

2 hours ago, packwick said:

twhs gonna need to clean up from the drum break to the end w/in a week to come out on top here methinks. methinks? meknow, kiddos. cool music tho. wish the guard would stop pulling/watering down so many tosses when performing outside. NOT preparing them for DCI or any major outdoor performance.

Now that I've seen it, I'm actually rather impressed they're able to change the height of most of their tosses on the fly like that. I'm not sure I have that level of control. :lol:

After watching it, I'd be very surprised if TWHS doesn't come out on top here, even if the closer isn't clean. This is an excellent production. But it is UIL, so you never know.

7 minutes ago, Rubisco said:

Now that I've seen it, I'm actually rather impressed they're able to change the height of most of their tosses on the fly like that. I'm not sure I have that level of control. :lol:

After watching it, I'd be very surprised if TWHS doesn't come out on top here, even if the closer isn't clean. This is an excellent production. But it is UIL, so you never know.

In the end, it is all about making state. In recent years 2016 jumps out at me - they barely squeaked into the last state spot at area, but ended up 7th (IIRC) at state finals (and 2nd at BOA). Huge improvement with that show at the end of the year.

2 weeks to get that closer done and cleaned up. There's lots of good stuff in this show, and I'm now looking forward to seeing it completed.

The Area F 6A thread has been quiet compared to the other Areas!  

Last year, only 5 total ordinal points separated 4 of the 5 bands that advanced to State.  With 5 spots again advancing to State and The Woodlands back in the competition, at least 1 band that advanced to State last year likely won't advance this year.  Here are my predictions: hopefully I can get a few correct!  State qualifier predications in bold.

1 -- The Woodlands 
Favored to finish first.  They have not placed behind another Houston area band since 2016.  This is a well-produced and entertaining show even if not to the level of last year.

2 - 4 -- College Park, Klein Oak, Oak Ridge
I’d personally put Klein Oak ahead visually and College Park and Oak Ridge ahead musically but overall, these three could go in any order. It will still take solid runs from these bands to not slip lower.

5 - 8 -- Klein Cain, Tomball Memorial, North Shore, Klein Collins
The last State spot will probably come down to one of these 4 but I personally view Klein Cain as the favorite if their more difficult opening piece is clean.  However, of these 4, North Shore looks like they have the most improved show vs last year, when they finished 7th.  Prior to last year, North Shore qualified for State 3 consecutive times so don't count them out.  Tomball Memorial finished 3rd in 2021 so I have a hard time placing them this far down, but their excellent performance last year will be hard to match. 

9 – 14 -- Spring, Grand Oaks, Tomball, Westfield, Klein, Kingwood
These seem like the bands competing for finals positions.  Spring hasn’t missed a UIL Area final dating back at least 30+ years, but with other schools consistently improving and new schools obtaining 6A status, it will be a challenge to maintain this run long-term.  I still expect them to make it to finals this year but haven’t seen their show.

Hopefully, every band has their best run of the year!

I predict the finals results to be the exact same as they where in 2021, with one school out (idk which one). Spring beat a program that they have not beat since 2014 this past weekend, Klein Cain seems to be better than they have ever been, Oak Ridge is surging back to their pre 2020 levels, and The Woodlands is back competing for state this year. 

I think I basically already said this but depth is mounting in this area. Everyone seems to have improved overall slowly but steadily in the recent years. Yeah the top groups have been the CISD schools and North Shore, but this area will probably get way more competitive in the next two seasons. It might turn into the bloodbath that is Area I.