5 hours ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Im gonna make some predictions for prelims placements as I see the bands go on. I’ll update this as time goes on. After the contest I’ll see how accurate I was:

•Coppell 

•Keller

•Waxahachie 

•SLC

• Timber Creek

•Lake Ridge

- - - - - - Top 6

•Duncanville

•Highland Park

•Haltom 

•Berkner

•Chisholm Trail

•SGP

- - - - - - Finalists

•W. E. Boswell

•Richardson 

•Trinity 

•Mansfield

•Legacy

•Weatherford

•Arlington

• Irving

•MacArthur

Duncanville out of the top 6?  You are making some bold predictions here 😃

image.jpeg.6d47e2443976322099b4c14a6b65b58a.jpeg

10 minutes ago, HeartOfTexas said:

Duncanville out of the top 6?  You are making some bold predictions here 😃

image.jpeg.6d47e2443976322099b4c14a6b65b58a.jpeg

I didn’t even realize!😳  We’ll see if I’m right. I thought the bands above them demonstrated more dynamic contrast of their sound. And took more risks technically, as while maintaining and and even higher quality of sound. But we’ll see. 

I’m not gonna make any top 6 predictions, won’t be here to see the top 12 in finals tonight compete back-to-back and I like having that be the case than to predict a prelims top 6 with all the top groups scattered everywhere! Plus I’m leaving to go see area C finals and won’t see Area B finals play out👀 but I’ll make a top 12 prediction and hope I get them all right, as tough a task as it is😬

11 minutes ago, Vidal28 said:

I’m not gonna make any top 6 predictions, won’t be here to see the top 12 in finals tonight compete back-to-back and I like having that be the case than to predict a prelims top 6 with all the top groups scattered everywhere! Plus I’m leaving to go see area C finals and won’t see Area B finals play out👀 but I’ll make a top 12 prediction and hope I get them all right, as tough a task as it is😬

I’ll be at area c finals too!

33 minutes ago, cjm715 said:

solid run from ld bell, happy to see my alma mater doing well!

I loved that opening hit! Can tell they’ve done a lot of work on it. Such strong, relaxed starts to each note. I think they could play stronger in the moving parts, especially when they play on the move but it’s very good still! Want to make sure all of that subtle, 8th-note playing is crystal clear. 

I loved how during the 2nd mvt you could still hear the woodwinds playing their part even while the brass was playing. Good demonstration of balancing between the brass and woodwind voices. 

so far the best I’ve heard them this season!

And visually the really impressed me with how cleanly they maintain those big band formations, spacing, everything!

Edited by Dallas Hobbs

3 hours ago, Vidal28 said:

SGP is in finals bubble for me, really enjoyed their show!! I also can’t get enough of how pretty Ice Dance sounds!☺️☺️

I love the way they sound this year, but their marching is what is hurting them in my opinion, which sucks to say as a SGP alum who worked with Ross and Laird when J. Wood was head. Were they cleaner today?

23 minutes ago, Jacob2017 said:

I love the way they sound this year, but their marching is what is hurting them in my opinion, which sucks to say as a SGP alum who worked with Ross and Laird when J. Wood was head. Were they cleaner today?

Visual opinion is often much more volatile with judging, ESPECIALLY with UIL. Im not even gonna bother trying to prognosticate what those judges are thinking🙄😂

It seems like every Keller school wants a piece of that Area Finals, SHEESH KELLER CENTRAL!! I didn’t know those mellos were gonna sound Hebron-esque today, SO MUCH HEAT🔥🔥

Woodwinds were also fantastic, one of the best woodwind choirs of the day for me, in a day full of great ones. The Tuba solo was also really good. I expect for them to be in finals👀

37 minutes ago, Cald3ra said:

Thoughts on Lake Highlands?

I think they have a strong concert band program and I think it shows nicely on the field. Some tuning issues here and there that are ways to notice since they’re attempting pretty exposed material but great performance nonetheless!

Edited by Dallas Hobbs

4 minutes ago, LostChoirGuy said:

I went on a limb and had Central as my 6th place finisher in the predictions I submitted here.  We will see if they can deliver in finals, should they be there.  Go Keller ISD!

If it’s the flavor of sound the judges are looking for, they’re in good shape! It was a great run from them, hopefully they have a great run in finals if they make it!