2 hours ago, Raydurs said:

1. Coppell (They have the upper hand with the harder show imo. Kept tabs on them for a while. It is very possible that Wax could beat them- purely on cleanliness)

2. Waxahachie (france show and really clean- would've probably beat keller at duncanville)

3. Keller (they're not the keller from years prior- i highly doubt they'll be visually clean but they have a high chance is having a great music run. imo their music was really mid during duncanville. no clue how they tied with wakeland there(haven't seen their run) but they'll be a state lock)

4. Timber Creek (like ive said before, the show is not very hard. it's a good show. the show is easy to clean. they've been consistently clean since the start. they will not miss.)

5. LD Stinkin Bell (this is a very wild card for me. bell will do FANTASTIC in marching. music on the other hand? very huge wild card for me. ive noticed their music has definitely gotten cleaner since stl and im not sure if m they're really driven towards area. but we will know saturday night or alternatively monday)

6/7: Duncanville (haven't seen this show. but this is all i keep hearing about. funny enough this show best describes every experience ive had with dart)

6/7: Southlake Carroll (im very nervous about how slc will do. they haven't had much luck so far despite having such a cool show and designed for nats. they may have cleaned heavily to get this show up and running to make state and nats finals or they could have done very little. slc is very up in the air and i would not be surprised if they miss or make it)

8. Lake Ridge (despite how clean they are, i think the uil judges may hold them back, but they could place much higher than i expect them to.)

9. Keller Central (i think they could be higher but not less than 9th. they have a good show. not sure on how much they've improved but i don't think they would be superbly clean by area)

10. Highland Park (idk its a band in dallas county so i wouldn't know)

11. Haltom (they're making finals. the show can get cleaned easily.)

12. Martin (cope. my sources are telling me they're gonna have a great shot in making finals. hopefully dfw ego boost lol)

How would the UIL judges hold lake ridge back?

area eve predications:

1. coppell

it’s coppell. they are proving to be having an even stronger season than last year. even with the kinda weird show design, they are proving why they consistently have 10+ all staters with their musical excellence. also the visual package seems to be more demanding than last year. contrary to popular opinion, i think the Latin Beethoven in their closer is so fun putting a fresh twist on the beautiful Beethoven 7 melody.

2. keller

idk why people continue to doubt keller, if they’re anything it’s consistent. sure their show may also be kinda wacky, but DMI has shown that they are still the keller we know and love, and that has made finals at every contests they’ve attended since 2015

3. waxahachie

beautiful show. that’s literally all i need to say about them. the paris theme is executed so well and the kids are pulling off the show nicely.

4. ld bell

im hoping to not jinx this, but after the kinda fluke of last year, i think this may be the year we see bell back at state. they had a pretty good showing at dallas and st. louis, scoring well at both. vento designs can be kinda iffy, but this one seems to be a solid one.

5. timber creek

timber creek continues to one up themselves in design and execution every year. this show should be more than enough to earn them their second state appearance.

this is where it gets iffy

6. slc

though they missed finals at dallas, they had a rebound at prosper. i assume they are playing the long game for nats and might have cleaned up enough for the final state spot.

7. duncanville

i have not seen their show yet, so i am basing this of opinions ive heard. i think them and slc could swap depending on how their runs go, but i think this may be the most likely scenario.

8. lake ridge

9. keller central

10. martin

11. hp

12. haltom

40 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

It looks like the rain stopped right in time for the contest. Go Weather! And Go Bands!

Also guess who forgot to bring a seat cushion again!🤣 I also didn’t think  to bring a towel but a nice lady lended me hers to wipe off the seats

That sucks, glad to see someone helped you out. I legit just brought a blanket and am sitting on it. Hope to see you at Finals for Area C!

9 minutes ago, HeartOfTexas said:

How did SLC do? 

Sublime! I the only other time I got to see their show was boa Dallas prelims so this was a good refresher. 

Sooo much substance in the sound of every section. The woodwinds really impressed with their clarity, uniformity and dexterity with their runs in the closer. The brass has such a potent sound. And the band maintains great control of their formations on the move. 

12 minutes ago, PercMom2104 said:

How about Chisholm Trail?

Copied from Duncanville Marching Invitational Discussion Board. Same thing today only cleaner:

They play all of their material very confidently and professionally. I especially liked the in the hall of the mountain king movement. I was impressed by how well each woodwind section executed their part, really good control from the high woodwinds in the upper register 8th-note phrases, and confident playing from the saxes and low reeds. I liked those little ornaments the brass did in their playing! Very creative. And the low brass handled their part so well, very controlled sounds coming from that section when they could’ve easily played their parts splatty. They’re a band that’s comfortable with featuring any section which is impressive.