2022 Predictions

Out of state predictions  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should TxBands.com predictions include out of state contests?

• Yes - include out of state contests
    • No - only include Texas contests

This poll is closed to new votes

As you may have noticed, 2022 Predictions are now live!

Head over to https://www.txbands.com/predict to make your predictions for most September events. If there are any contests you'd like added, you can suggest an event as well. 

I have noticed a number of non-Texas contests submitted. We're good to include these but I would love the community's input on this. Please either post here or vote in the poll.

13 hours ago, LostChoirGuy said:

I would say only include our of state contests if there are Texas bands competing but would also be ok with including any contest featured by hornrank (BOA and major local contests).  That means some random contest in Idaho or California or Massachusetts would probably not be all that interesting to make predictions for, but BOA Grand Nats would! 

I like this approach. The only two pending September events were for BOA and I approved those (since schools add/drop all the time, I usually only go out a few weeks in advance)

I had this issue last year, and it seems like it followed me into this year's predictions. I am unable to submit predictions, as I have already submitted twice now for BOA Clarksville and it won't accept them.

Also South Spencer dropped that contest, so I don't know if there is an option to go in and take them out.

9 hours ago, SleepySeal said:

Same here. I am unable to submit predictions and have tried twice now. I filled out to suggest US Bands AT&T Stadium Classic a couple weeks ago but haven't received updates.

This is intentional, as events are added on a rolling basis about 2 weeks out to ensure we have accurate rosters before people start predicting.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever submitted the HEB contest did it too early cause there are quite a few changes.

Drop: Aledo, Creekview

Add: Haltom

I think in general people need to stop submitting contests for predictions until an official schedule comes out or it is the week of the contest.

And another note, there are 2 Plano East Marching Invitationals. The second one without the Plano Jr. Highs is the correct one for predictions I believe.

2 hours ago, celesta said:

Mckinney Marching Invitational needs to be updated.

• Highland Park will not be attending (BOA Bedford)
  • Wylie East, Frisco(?) Heritage, and Granbury will be attending (source)

This ruins most of our predictions, so it would be cool if we can redo them.

I have fixed that contest!

On 9/27/2022 at 6:38 PM, J-Mike16 said:

I have fixed both issues. Now, with the issue with the 2 Plano East contests, the one without the Plano schools, I can not find the right name for it. I looked at several band calendars and almost all of them said Plano East Marching Invitational, even though it is not. Not sure.

The JV contest for the Plano schools is held on the same day, just earlier in the morning. No error is here!

On 10/4/2022 at 12:42 PM, Clarinot said:

I am struggling to find finals results for the following contests. If you have any leads please message me or post here, thanks in advance!

• T-Bird Invitational

6th: - Socorro HS
5th: - Horizon HS
4th: - Parkland HS
3rd: - Eastlake HS
2nd: - Pebble Hills HS
1st: - Hanks HS

Music: Hanks HS
Visual: Hanks HS
General Effect: Hanks HS
Percussion: Pebble Hills HS
Guard: Pebble Hills HS