UIL 6A Area I 2022

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, lost said:

Cy-Fair is definitely the frontrunner, if they keep cleaning and barring any weird area judging I’d see them in fairly easy.

yes super excited for them I can definetly envision them in maybe 1st this year, Bridgeland has been the only area I band to beaten them this season and that was in Conroe Prelims. I hope we get 5 bands to state this year. This Area Contest will be like no other. Next contest for Area I fans is Lone Star preview where we can see Bridgeland and Woods go at it. 

3 minutes ago, lost said:

Cy-Fair is definitely the frontrunner, if they keep cleaning and barring any weird area judging I’d see them in fairly easy.

This Area has a thing of having weird area judging. Hope it doesn't affect Cy-Fair's placements. I think this year will be Cy-Fair, Bridgeland, Seven Lakes, Cypress Woods, and possibly one or even 2 more bands!

8 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

This Area has a thing of having weird area judging. Hope it doesn't affect Cy-Fair's placements. I think this year will be Cy-Fair, Bridgeland, Seven Lakes, Cypress Woods, and possibly one or even 2 more bands!

Yeah that’s why I mentioned it, don’t want to call them a lock because with area nobody is but they’re as close as they can get. I’d say the same for Bridgeland.

I can see Jersey Village or Cypress Woods fighting it out and coming out third for one of those last few spots.

6 hours ago, lost said:

Yeah that’s why I mentioned it, don’t want to call them a lock because with area nobody is but they’re as close as they can get. I’d say the same for Bridgeland.

I can see Jersey Village or Cypress Woods fighting it out and coming out third for one of those last few spots.

Jordan hs is also in this area 

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, ChristopherRoden said:

I think 1 and 2 will definitely be close between bridgeland and Cy fair. 3-4 mostly likely between 7L and Cy woods. I would guess 5-8 is between Jordan, Jersey Village, Tompkins and JET. 
Knowing how Area has been judged in the past could throw a complete wrench in these predictions though! 

So true. Bands that we thought would advance last year got placements that were never even thought of. Like I think people thought Tompkins would place 5th or 6th in Finals last year and they got 9th or 10th if I remember correctly.

Is 

10 hours ago, TexasWoo1999 said:

Looking at the Draw Order these are the most reasonable state spots:

1. Bridgeland (Clean)

2. Cypress Woods (Clean and Intriguing)

3. Jordan (Clean and Good Draw time)

4. Cy-Fair (Will perform First in Prelims and Finals)

5. Seven Lakes (Show will always be Dirty)

6. Tompkins (They Peak Late)

Is the drawing order already selected? how do they know when the bands aren't even "theoretically" qualified for area yet?

29 minutes ago, FormerWildcat said:

I'm pretty sure they compile a list of all the bands that attend region and just cut them out if they don't make a 1.

33 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Is 

Is the drawing order already selected? how do they know when the bands aren't even "theoretically" qualified for area yet?

Yes! They make a list of every band in each region of that specific area and then when every region is done, they just remove the non-qualifying bands out of that list thus, making the list the schedule. 

On 10/1/2022 at 11:49 PM, Houston213 said:

yes super excited for them I can definetly envision them in maybe 1st this year, Bridgeland has been the only area I band to beaten them this season and that was in Conroe Prelims. I hope we get 5 bands to state this year. This Area Contest will be like no other. Next contest for Area I fans is Lone Star preview where we can see Bridgeland and Woods go at it. 

It's still difficult to tell. The majority of the points they have gotten at the BOA regionals have been visual GE as their design is super on point this year. Haven't seen any recent videos but I could see Bridgeland, Cy Woods, or even Jordan slip ahead in the music or visual catagories. It also doesn't help that Cy Fair's draw time isnt quite the best.

8 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

Yes! They make a list of every band in each region of that specific area and then when every region is done, they just remove the non-qualifying bands out of that list thus, making the list the schedule. 

Nice, thanks.  Where can we find that list?  I've never seen it before so interested in where its at online.

First half of this area (Region 23) had region today! All 9 Katy Schools + Heights, Alief Taylor, Elsik, and Westside all advanced for a total of 13 bands so far. It looks like there are 16 other 6a varsity bands competing at Region 27 on Saturday. Even if all of these bands get a 1, it looks like we’ll be seeing 5 bands to state from Area I.

11 hours ago, crunchycookie3 said:

First half of this area (Region 23) had region today! All 9 Katy Schools + Heights, Alief Taylor, Elsik, and Westside all advanced for a total of 13 bands so far. It looks like there are 16 other 6a varsity bands competing at Region 27 on Saturday. Even if all of these bands get a 1, it looks like we’ll be seeing 5 bands to state from Area I.

We just need 12!!! everyone cross your fingers so we can get 5 really good bands to state this year!!!