2022-23 Area C Predictions?

13 hours ago, Cty9123 said:

I feel like you shouldn't count out Rockwall Heath or Wylie East. I've seen their shows both really good

I've seen wylie east but i haven't seen rockwall heath so judging from last year i just didn't really consider them a contender but now I'm excited to see what they're doing this year! If you find a recording feel free to send it to me!

5 minutes ago, TrenBS said:

There are 32-33 bands participating to advance to area, so unless 3-4 get twos at region which is looking more unlikely with Garland and Forney schools recent success, there will be 12 area finalist spots and 6 state qualifiers spots.

Oh dang never mind I forgot about how more participants makes more finalist and state spots 

On 9/7/2022 at 5:06 PM, Tubalord11 said:

I think Prosper will make it this year. Last year imo was just dumb and they definitely should have made it, but it wasn’t their best run. However with it being a nats year, they will be stepping it up a gear. I’d have them in 4th and move everyone else down 

I could see prosper moving up and WE moving down but not much of a change outside of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Rockwall and John Horn had great showings at Mesquite Marching Festival. Rockwall's visual and music was amazing, while their percussion and guard were not so much. Rockwall Heath had a disappointing showing, especially their music scores they are normally high in those, they would normally get 3rd place in music, but they got 6th.  Their Guard and Percussion scores carried them to four. Lakeview music scores were great giving them 4th place in those. North Forney did well musically but in every other aspect they fell short. 

6a Area C scores at mesquite:

1. Hebron

2. Rockwall

3. John Horn

4. Rockwall Heath

5. North Forney

6. Tyler Legacy

7. Lakeview Centennial

8. Garland

10. Mesquite

11. Naaman Forest

I believe this showing can possibly change your rankings about the Area C predictions for later in October. 

35 minutes ago, Cty9123 said:

Rockwall and John Horn had great showings at Mesquite Marching Festival. Rockwall's visual and music was amazing, while their percussion and guard were not so much. Rockwall Heath had a disappointing showing, especially their music scores they are normally high in those, they would normally get 3rd place in music, but they got 6th.  Their Guard and Percussion scores carried them to four. Lakeview music scores were great giving them 4th place in those. North Forney did well musically but in every other aspect they fell short. 

6a Area C scores at mesquite:

1. Hebron

2. Rockwall

3. John Horn

4. Rockwall Heath

5. North Forney

6. Tyler Legacy

7. Lakeview Centennial

8. Garland

10. Mesquite

11. Naaman Forest

I believe this showing can possibly change your rankings about the Area C predictions for later in October. 

They do definitively help. With this and how WMI and HEB went, id say, and this me assuming they are taking 5 again, the 5 going to state will be the 3 LISD schools, Prosper and Wylie East, with Wylie possibly slipping in. Don’t think Sachse is a great chance anymore, and John Horn over Heath isn’t a great sign either. 

21 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

They do definitively help. With this and how WMI and HEB went, id say, and this me assuming they are taking 5 again, the 5 going to state will be the 3 LISD schools, Prosper and Wylie East, with Wylie possibly slipping in. Don’t think Sachse is a great chance anymore, and John Horn over Heath isn’t a great sign either. 

I dont see how the current showing is gonna lead to 3 groups getting 2s frankly, only risk of a 2 I can see is maybe Allen getting field penalty at region, but they are smaller than normal so thats most likely not going to happen along with new UIL rule which allows electronics on field a bit earlier, were gonna most likely see 12 finals and 6 state spots.

32 minutes ago, TrenBS said:

I dont see how the current showing is gonna lead to 3 groups getting 2s frankly, only risk of a 2 I can see is maybe Allen getting field penalty at region, but they are smaller than normal so thats most likely not going to happen along with new UIL rule which allows electronics on field a bit earlier, were gonna most likely see 12 finals and 6 state spots.

Okay thank you! I’d say my 6 would be 3 LISD schools, prosper, Wylie East and either Wylie or Rockwall/Rockhill(these guys did just win the Plano East comp) 

3 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Okay thank you! I’d say my 6 would be 3 LISD schools, prosper, Wylie East and either Wylie or Rockwall/Rockhill(these guys did just win the Plano East comp) 

I would say it would be-

1st- Hebron

2nd- Marcus

3rd- Flower Mound

4th- Wylie East

5th- Prosper

6th- Plano East

7th- Rockhill

8th- McKinney Boyd

9th- Wylie

10th- Rockwall

30 minutes ago, SaxPapi101 said:

I honestly see a Plano band or Boyd sneaking past

59 minutes ago, SaxPapi101 said:

I honestly see a Plano band or Boyd sneaking past

It’s possible over Wylie or Rockwall, but not Wylie East. I’d say personally top 5 are “locked” with everyone fighting for the 6th spot, but this weekend will be a huge determination with a lot of the top bands here fighting for 4th-6th competing at the McKinney comp

2 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

It’s possible over Wylie or Rockwall, but not Wylie East. I’d say personally top 5 are “locked” with everyone fighting for the 6th spot, but this weekend will be a huge determination with a lot of the top bands here fighting for 4th-6th competing at the McKinney comp

Ill be at that show and will try to record the performances so we can get a good look at some of the bands that may not have been seen yet