Prosper Rock Hill

Region 25:

Allen

Plano 

Plano East

Plano West

Wylie 

Wylie East

I could see Prosper finally returning again, but as said above, Wylie East and Wylie could end up being the 2 that take the 4th and 5th spot. This will be an interesting contest this year!

On 8/8/2022 at 11:22 AM, Tubalord11 said:

I honestly think Wylie East can make state pretty easily if they are as good as they were 2018 and beyond. They were miles ahead of Wylie and Sasche at BOA San Antonio last year and also seem to peak come Area! Top 3 will remains LISD and there will be a huge battle for that 5th spot.

8 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

I could see Prosper finally returning again, but as said above, Wylie East and Wylie could end up being the 2 that take the 4th and 5th spot. This will be an interesting contest this year!

Yeah I completely agree! Idk what happened last year with that 7th place, but they deserved to make it. 4th at BOA St Louis ahead of a state finalist and then 7th at area? At with it being a nats year, they are probably hungry for a return to state! 

here’s my really early list:

1st: Flowermound(yes Ik Hebron won state this comp has just seemed to be Flomos thing except 2020)

2nd: Hebron 

3rd: Marcus 

4th: Prosper 

5th: Wylie East

6th: Sacshe 

7th: Prosper Rockhill(amazing season last year) 

8th-10th: McKinney/Wylie/Rockwall/McKinney Boyd 

I feel like McKinney could also make state after last years season. I have no clue how Allen and PESH made finals over them, but they won a contest over HP, and dominated the other area C bands at the WMI. 

6 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

1st - Flower Mound

2nd - Hebron

3rd - Marcus 

4th - Prosper

5th - Sachse

6th - Wylie East

7th - Rockwall

8th - Wylie

9th - Mckinney Boyd

10th - Prosper Rock Hill

-------

11th - Allen

12th - Plano East

13th - Byron Nelson

14th - McKinney

15th - Plano West

You think Sachse over WE? I could see it happening but I think it won’t be easy. East has been over them in 2019 and 2021, wining the Little Elm comp with Sachse in 4th and 6th at WMI while Sachse was in 12th, as well as BOA San Antonio, which had Wylie East in 26th, where they actually received 10th from the Visual GE judge, and Sachse in 39th.

Top 20 Prediction

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Marcus

4. Rockwall

5. Wylie

6. Sachse 

7. Prosper

8. Plano East

9. McKinney Boyd

10. Rockwall Heath

11. Plano 

12. Allen 

13. Plano West

14. Byron Nelson

15. Royse City

16.  McKinney

17. North Forney

18. Wylie East

19. Guyer

20. Braswell

My Top 3 are pretty obvious, I feel like Rockwall is pretty close to a state berth considering they've gotten those the past couple of areas. I believe Wylie will go back up to their ways and Sachse will be on the cusp. I feel Plano East will do well and go up a couple of spots. About Rockwall-Heath, I feel like they're going back to being a successful band program from what they were in the late 2000s-early 2010s. A couple of years back, I've heard nothing but good things about them with the head director change. The Plano bands are always gonna be on the cusp of area finals and only one of them usually makes it to area finals. About Allen, I feel like they're too big to get to that next level. Like their musicality isn't that great, marching is just average. Byron Nelson has gone up past areas but I feel they will stay around this level. McKinney is just an average band program, not like their Boyd counterparts. But I don't know, McKinney could surprise me. About Royse City, North Forney, and Wylie East, they have been very successful 5a band programs, but I feel like their 5a success isn't going to translate over into 6a, considering 6a, everyone is good while in 5a only the top is good. So just give those three programs a couple of years. I think Denton ISD, with Guyer and Braswell, I just don't think they are going to be better than those coming up from 5a, I haven't heard much about them. 

Oops, forgot Rock Hill. 

After reviewing new rankings,

Full Rankings(All bands in the area)

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Marcus

4. Rockwall

5. Wylie

6. Sachse 

7. Prosper

8. Prosper Rock Hill

9. McKinney Boyd

10. Rockwall Heath

11. Plano 

12. Plano East 

13. Allen

14. Plano West

15. Byron Nelson

16.  Royse City

17. McKinney

18.  North Forney

19. Wylie East

20. Guyer 

21. Braswell

22. Eaton

23. Lakeview Centennial

24. Lewisville

25. Tyler Legacy

26. Little Elm

27. Rowlett 

28. Garland

29. North Garland

30. John Horn

31. Mesquite

32. Naaman Forest

40 minutes ago, Cty9123 said:

Oops, forgot Rock Hill. 

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Marcus

4. Rockwall

5. Wylie

6. Sachse 

7. Prosper

8. Prosper Rock Hill

9. McKinney Boyd

10. Rockwall Heath

11. Plano 

12. Plano East 

13. Allen

14. Plano West

15. Byron Nelson

16.  Royse City

17. McKinney

18.  North Forney

19. Wylie East

20. Guyer 

21. Braswell

22. Eaton

23. Lakeview Centennial

24. Lewisville

25. Tyler Legacy

26. Little Elm

27. Rowlett 

28. Garland

29. North Garland

30. John Horn

31. Mesquite

32. Naaman Forest

I wouldn’t be so sure to put Wylie East in 19th…. They have beaten Sachse, Wylie, Rockwall, McKinney Boyd and Prosper Rockhill, including BOA And UIL scored contest, like the Wylie Marching Invitational, McKinney Marching Invitational, and Area Contest. They have had extremely strong years since 2018 and I doubt they will be any less strong. Will definitely be a finalist and have a great chance at state. Being someone who competed with them in 2018,2019 and 2021 and seeing there shows, they have a great chance of state if you ask me.

12 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I wouldn’t be so sure to put Wylie East in 19th…. They have beaten Sachse, Wylie, Rockwall, McKinney Boyd and Prosper Rockhill, including BOA And UIL scored contest, like the Wylie Marching Invitational, McKinney Marching Invitational, and Area Contest. They have had extremely strong years since 2018 and I doubt they will be any less strong. Will definitely be a finalist and have a great chance at state. Being someone who competed with them in 2018,2019 and 2021 and seeing there shows, they have a great chance of state if you ask me.

What do you think of other bands, not just the top 10? Like in-depth so I know better about other bands and as well to update my rankings as the season goes along.

1 hour ago, Cty9123 said:

What do you think of other bands, not just the top 10? Like in-depth so I know better about other bands and as well to update my rankings as the season goes along.

The obvious top 3 are the LISD schools. 4-10 seems to always be up to grabs. Recent takers have been Wylie, Sachse and Rockwall who are all on a role. Prosper has been a powerhouse for a while now and I feel deserved state last year. Additions are North Forney, who is good but I don’t think has a shot of finals, WE and Rockhill definitely do and are on a role. Allen as you said is just so big and with these additions finals is gonna be very hard. McKinney Boyd is also good and McKinney and a great season, winning a contest and 3rd at another, but I don’t think there performance here was what they wanted. PISD schools are good but it’s been downhill from their past success and seem to have hit a curve, however, Senior was amazing in 2019 and East was good last year. DISD has never really had any true powerhouses, MISS was good much like the Plano schools but have had much recent success except John Horn in 2018. Byron Nelson also had a great season last year and almost made finals, but much like McKinney didn’t have a great Area run. Heath is a wild card for me and everyone else idk about but most likely not finals bound 

On 8/10/2022 at 9:42 PM, Cty9123 said:

Oops, forgot Rock Hill. 

1. Hebron

2. Flower Mound

3. Marcus

4. Rockwall

5. Wylie

6. Sachse 

7. Prosper

8. Prosper Rock Hill

9. McKinney Boyd

10. Rockwall Heath

11. Plano 

12. Plano East 

13. Allen

14. Plano West

15. Byron Nelson

16.  Royse City

17. McKinney

18.  North Forney

19. Wylie East

20. Guyer 

21. Braswell

22. Eaton

23. Lakeview Centennial

24. Lewisville

25. Tyler Legacy

26. Little Elm

27. Rowlett 

28. Garland

29. North Garland

30. John Horn

31. Mesquite

32. Naaman Forest

yes rockwall above sachse, wylie, and prosper. a nice big fat pack has truly been smoked.

On 8/14/2022 at 10:37 PM, Raydurs said:

yes rockwall above sachse, wylie, and prosper. a nice big fat pack has truly been smoked.

ay, I aint smoking no pack, just I think Rockwall gonna wipe the Dallas county schools. Rockwall got 6th last year, I believe they can do really well this year. They're consistent in the top 10. 

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Eram97 said:

Here’s my prediction (I do work for one of these schools)

1. Hebron

2. FloMo

3. Hebron

4. Wylie East

5. Wylie

6. Sachse

7. Rockwall

8. Prosper

9. McKinney

10. Prosper Rock Hill

I think Prosper will make it this year. Last year imo was just dumb and they definitely should have made it, but it wasn’t their best run. However with it being a nats year, they will be stepping it up a gear. I’d have them in 4th and move everyone else down 

This area is a complete blood bath at this point and needs to be realigned. There are way too many state level bands in this area that aren’t getting well deserved state spots. Prosper, Sachse, Wylie, Wylie East, and Rockwall are all easily state competitors but they just aren’t all going to get a spot. Again with the bloodbath. I also hear that Prosper’s Rock hill is a very exciting up and coming program that could also be a potential state competitor after placing in finals in every competition they attended last season. McKinney also dove in head first at the WMI last year placing above many 5A state finalists and Area C state contenders but were robbed of even making finals last year at area. Prosper got moved down to 7th last year at area but let’s not forget that they were a BOA grand national finalist as recently as 2018. So honestly with how unpredictable the judging was last year there is really no way to tell.  

I feel like it's important to note that if there are over 30 bands participating in the area contest there are 6 state spots and 12 finalist because for every 5 bands there is 1 state spot and having 6 state spots with just 10 finalist seems really ridiculous so... take that as you will

On 9/17/2022 at 1:21 PM, DJ:D said:

I feel like it's important to note that if there are over 30 bands participating in the area contest there are 6 state spots and 12 finalist because for every 5 bands there is 1 state spot and having 6 state spots with just 10 finalist seems really ridiculous so... take that as you will

Along with that my predictions from what i have seen this year (which is entirely subject to change):

1. Hebron*

2. Flower mound*

3. Marcus*

4. Mckinney boyd*

5. Prosper*

6. Wylie east*

7. Sachse

8. Wylie

9. Rockwall

10. Plano east

11. Plano

12. Rockhill

--------------

13. Plano west 

14. Allen

15. Byron nelson

16. Mckinney 

I feel like the biggest upset here is mckinney boyd but trust me when you see there show... you will understand why i have them so high

10 hours ago, DJ:D said:

Along with that my predictions from what i have seen this year (which is entirely subject to change):

1. Hebron

2. Flower mound

3. Marcus

4. Mckinney boyd

5. Prosper

6. Wylie east

7. Sachse

8. Wylie

9. Rockwall

10. Plano east

11. Plano

12. Rockhill

--------------

13. Plano west 

14. Allen

15. Byron nelson

16. Mckinney 

I feel like the biggest upset here is mckinney boyd but trust me when you see there show... you will understand why i have them so high

I feel like you shouldn't count out Rockwall Heath or Wylie East. I've seen their shows both really good