• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Howdy08 said:

How many kids are in the band now? Looks much smaller than past years. That’s crazy that they lost that many directors at one time. Hopefully they can recover, they were on the verge of becoming one of the best band programs in 4A in the state. 

Rough guess would be between 100 - 120. 

I think Covid and Director Changes is what made the band get smaller, although they did place the highest so far at State, with a much smaller group.

Yes, it is crazy, but not the first time that has happened. 2017, we lost 3 directors as well.

I think with their latest additions, they could still become one of the best. Especially with a director that is a part of The Cadets Visual Team.

I am still expecting big stuff to come out of Lumberton this year and from what I've heard, everyone is excited.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/1/2022 at 10:19 PM, Howdy08 said:

How many kids are in the band now? Looks much smaller than past years. That’s crazy that they lost that many directors at one time. Hopefully they can recover, they were on the verge of becoming one of the best band programs in 4A in the state. 

We only have about 150. We did decently well this season, but fell short of expectations. Still made it to state though.