1 hour ago, tennertrumbow said:

Lone Star band member here. I’m actually best friends with the head drum major at Panther Creek, unfortunately he was zoned for the new school but he’s working wonders there. I don’t know how big 4A bands generally are, but they only have about 50 total band members, they’re pretty small. I don’t know if those results will turn them out in first, but I’ll be cheering them on every step of the way.

I would guess most 4A bands are between 80 - 170, with a few going over 170.

On 8/14/2022 at 10:44 PM, Raydurs said:

yeah no. 6a area b will most likely not let this happen LMAO

1. entire staff change [directors can actually determine how the season goes. good directors = good teaching + good progress]
2. literally everyone in area b is cracked/competitive [you literally have strong programs trying to kill each other for an appearance at state]
3. they may be in the bottom half of finals

take this with a huge grain of salt since i haven't heard much about what else is going on over there (especially with their show and the current state of their band)

also my too-early predictions for area b: coppell, keller, wax, slc, bell/timber creek/dville, [i have not heard much about the other programs in this area] but i'll go ahead and give really poor predictions from here: lake ridge, kcent, possibly martin, haltom, and hp? [can't tell too much with how these judges actually judge prelims and how these other programs are doing atm]

completely disagree. they likely will beat waxahachie!

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2022 at 7:04 PM, Dave609 said:

Would be interesting to see Cedar Ridge or Keller win! But I am going to say I could see a band like Marcus or maybe Vandegrift take the win this year. But I would love to someone new in the Top 3 this year! 

Looking back at this comment, Cedar Ridge may have a very good chance at winning a medal!

On 10/2/2022 at 12:27 PM, fantastic marcher said:

HP almost won 5A so why couldn’t they do it here.

Respectfully I just cant see HP even making state in the first place, there an amazing band and always bring enjoyment every year but Area B is just a bloodbath and nobody knows how it'll turn out. Praying that 30 bands make 1s to we can have 8 bands advance! but honestly if its 5 or 6 again this year then i just cant see them advancing.

1 hour ago, wef said:

Respectfully I just cant see HP even making state in the first place, there an amazing band and always bring enjoyment every year but Area B is just a bloodbath and nobody knows how it'll turn out. Praying that 30 bands make 1s to we can have 8 bands advance! but honestly if its 5 or 6 again this year then i just cant see them advancing.

but I thought if 30 bands were to advance that would only allow 6 bands to advance normally. Or is it different for 5A-6A

On 10/2/2022 at 12:27 PM, fantastic marcher said:

HP almost won 5A so why couldn’t they do it here.

I personally don't think HP will advance to state this year. They have proven themselves very well in the last few seasons, but the depth and difficulty of 6A Area B is practically unmatched. I definitely expect to see them in finals, but they would then have to beat out one of Coppell, Keller, Waxahachie, Southlake Carroll, and Timber Creek (last years area advancers,) not to mention the rise of Lake Ridge and the (hopeful) return of L.D. Bell. Highland Park will get there, but I think it's still a round out.

3 hours ago, Dave609 said:

but I thought if 30 bands were to advance that would only allow 6 bands to advance normally. Or is it different for 5A-6A

i thought it was for every 5 there's 1 new state slot? I'm not 100% sure how it is for 6a because my school just moved up

Just now, wef said:

i thought it was for every 5 there's 1 new state slot? I'm not 100% sure how it is for 6a because my school just moved up

it is, but for 5A-6A, they start with 2 bands, then at 15, they have 3, 20 = 4, 25 = 5, 30 = 6, 35 = 7, 40 = 8. If I'm wrong, then I apologize, but I think that is how it works. In classifications below 5A, they start with 3 and at 20, they have 4, 25 = 5, 30 = 6, 35 = 7, 40 = 8.

On 6/20/2022 at 11:14 PM, J-Mike16 said:

You know, it sounds like they may do well, however, we have never seen a 1st year band program not only make it to state, but also make State Finals, and then win. Not saying there is not a chance, but its unlikely.

Frisco’s Lebanon Trail made state finals before even having a senior class so there’s a chance it could happen again here. The frisco schools tend to be really great and Panther Creek is no exception. 

23 minutes ago, ClarinetKing said:

Frisco’s Lebanon Trail made state finals before even having a senior class so there’s a chance it could happen again here. The frisco schools tend to be really great and Panther Creek is no exception. 

Oh I was talking about how we have never seen a band win State in its first year of existence. 

1 hour ago, ClarinetKing said:

Both Anna and Van Alstyne did place ahead of Panther Creek this past Saturday though.  Area contest will be interesting this year.

1 hour ago, ClarinetKing said:

I think the Frisco schools tend to pop sometime after the first year of their existence. Emerson HS actually got a division 2 last season, but I think they're putting down a very nice show in spite of a lack a senior class and could soon become a substantial threat in 5A area B. I didn't hear too many great things about Lebanon Trail in their first year of existence. It took Memorial until this season to put down a semi-competitive show.

I've seen Panther Creek's show, and it has some nice visual moments, especially for a first-year program. I don't think the ensemble sound is particularly great, and in a competition where 60% of the score comes down to music, that doesn't bode well. Given the stacked area and the first-year result for Emerson, I wouldn't even be sure about them making the state championship. Even if they do make it, I don't think they have a shot at winning. I'd bet the title will be a battle between Canton and North Lamar. HUGE gap between them and the other 4A bands at SOF (including PC?).

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone, sorry I am posting this Area spreadsheet the day of 3A and 5A's Area Contest, but here is the official Area Spreadsheet for the 3A and 5A groups which take place tomorrow!-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12rL8ZDa6tPOcXpBg9rku3NJ4i-fAjZBn_QIH0iyVfQI/edit?usp=sharing

Also once Region 27 is complete tomorrow, I will add the 6A Area I schedule!

Hey everyone, I know this is supposed to be Area Results for 2A, 4A, and 6A, but I thought it would be better to also add the 3A and 5A results.

Please help me in congratulating the top 3 bands from 5A Area A East, Area A West, and Area I

5A Area A East-

1st Place (AREA CHAMPION)- Lubbock-Cooper HS

2nd Place- Lubbock HS

3rd Place- Plainview HS

5A Area A West-

1st Place (AREA CHAMPION)- J.M. Hanks HS

2nd Place- Parkland HS

3rd Place- Horizon HS

5A Area I-

1st Place (AREA CHAMPION)- Magnolia HS

2nd Place- Porter HS

3rd Place- College Station HS

4 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

Hey everyone, I know this is supposed to be Area Results for 2A, 4A, and 6A, but I thought it would be better to also add the 3A and 5A results.

Please help me in congratulating the top 3 bands from 5A Area A East, Area A West, and Area I

5A Area A East-

1st Place (AREA CHAMPION)- Lubbock-Cooper HS

2nd Place- Lubbock HS

3rd Place- Plainview HS

5A Area A West-

1st Place (AREA CHAMPION)- J.M. Hanks HS

2nd Place- Parkland HS

3rd Place- Horizon HS

5A Area I-

1st Place (AREA CHAMPION)- Magnolia HS

2nd Place- Porter HS

3rd Place- College Station HS

It seems that the scoring sheets have changed for area!!! They now have scores for captions!!! 

For music it’s: 

Ensemble, Woodwinds, brass, percussion and content 

For visual its: individual, ensemble and content. 

still 5 judges(3 music, 2 visual), and each are judging each sub-caption. Love this change and hopefully things balance out more 

1 minute ago, Tubalord11 said:

It seems that the scoring sheets have changed for area!!! They now have scores for captions!!! 

For music it’s: 

Ensemble, Woodwinds, brass, percussion and content 

For visual its: individual, ensemble and content. 

still 5 judges(3 music, 2 visual), and each are judging each sub-caption. Love this change and hopefully things balance out more 

yeah I noticed that XD. When I opened the results, it showed sheets I wasn't expecting. Should really help put bands in better placements!

Just now, Dave609 said:

yeah I noticed that XD. When I opened the results, it showed sheets I wasn't expecting. Should really help put bands in better placements!

Yes! It’s something that’s been needs and it’s possible these are the same sheets with just more in depth scores and all but it’s a nice change !