Yep, I am doing this again! I really enjoyed doing the last one and I thought it would be easier to make this topic before summer even begins! We will be seeing many new faces in each of the classifications, some moved down, some moved up, and a couple are competing for the first time! Can't wait to see what is in store for each of the classifications, do you think that Tenaha and Hebron will hold on to the State title? Or will someone else take it as their own? Also with 4A, do you think Canton or North Lamar will bring the State Title home? or will a new band finally get the chance to hold the State trophy?

On a very quick breakdown of schools in each 6a marching area, here are the numbers I’ve gathered.

I’m praying so hard that area b will have AT LEAST 30 bands advance to area so that the 6th place nightmare in the area can finally end. Considering the depth of competition in the area, having 7 or 8 advance to state would be even better, but is unlikely.

Being most optimistic and assuming each band makes a 1 at region: 

Area A could send 3 bands to state

Area B could send 8 bands to state

Area C could send 6 bands to state

Area D could send 5 bands to state

Area E could send 5 bands to state

Area F could send 6 bands to state

Area G could send 3 bands to state

Area H could send 4 bands to state

Area I could send 7 bands to state

More realistically, I see 2 from A, 6 or 7 from B, 5 from C, 4 or 5 from D, 4 from E, 5 from F, 2 from G, 3 from H, and 5 or 6 from I. All competitive, but Area B still scares the crap out of me. Looking forward to seeing how it shakes out!

7F7971E3-763B-4540-8F2B-B9E46A0AEB5C.jpeg

21 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I’m gonna go ahead and predict for 6A, we see another new state champion, my top 2 choices being Ceder Ridge or Keller, and they will bring something to the field that will blow everyone away! 

Would be interesting to see Cedar Ridge or Keller win! But I am going to say I could see a band like Marcus or maybe Vandegrift take the win this year. But I would love to someone new in the Top 3 this year! 

5 hours ago, slowbrass said:

Yeah, to me it feels like Vandy is up next if we crown a new 6a champ. Coppell is a dark horse as well.

Of yeah, forgot Vandy has only a 4A title. Kinda crazy they haven’t won 6A yet, would love if they took the title as well! I just love seeing fresh faces take the gold! Seeing it in 2018 with Vista, 2020 with CTJ and 21 with Hebron! It just brings so much emotion to the crowd and honestly the student! We saw how raw emotion those Hebron kids had and all those tears after so long being crowned the champion, and they were so humble about it 

On 5/31/2022 at 11:27 AM, J-Mike16 said:

In 4A, I think North Lamar and Canton will be in the top 2 with Canton narrowly winning the title. I also predict we will see a couple bands who have advanced to finals before, make it in, and a band or 2 will make it for the first time.... I'm looking at you Lumberton! Whatever the outcome is, this 4A State contest will be different and will have more "Finals Worthy" bands from top to bottom.

In 2A, I think Tenaha will continue on being at the top. Now it's hard to predict these smaller conferences however Sundown and Shiner usually do well so I think they will be in finals. It's a tossup for most 2A bands on how good they will do at State as most have a drastic rise or fall every year. For Example: Forsan got 4th in 2018, 2nd in 2020, and then 10th in 2021.

in 6A, I predict Hebron to win yet again, although after watching Vandegrift's show preview, I think they could swipe it away from Hebron. I think most bands who competed at State in 2021 will make it again with a few exceptions, as I would like to see North Shore and LD. Bell come back to State. I think we could expect Seven Lakes to make a push for 6A State Finals as well as Timber Creek and Pearland.

For 2A, I think Shiner will be the one to beat. 4A, I expect to see China Spring in the top 3, but Canton comes a way with the gold. 6A, I’m not too sure, it’s going to be a toss up! 

2 minutes ago, bxOxAxUIL said:

For 2A, I think Shiner will be the one to beat. 4A, I expect to see China Spring in the top 3, but Canton comes a way with the gold. 6A, I’m not too sure, it’s going to be a toss up! 

I think its gonna come down to Shiner and Tenaha.

• 2 weeks later...

4A Predictions: I realize it's WAY too early to tell anything and will probably update this list throughout the season, but these are the consistent heavy hitters of 4A

1st Place: Panther Creek 

2nd Place: Canton

3rd Place: China Spring

4th Place: Anna

5th Place: North Lamar

6th Place: Springtown

7th Place: Burnet

8th Place: Lumberton

9th Place: Calallen

10th Place: Kennedale 

4 hours ago, LegitAlto1 said:

4A Predictions: I realize it's WAY too early to tell anything and will probably update this list throughout the season, but these are the consistent heavy hitters of 4A

1st Place: Panther Creek 

3rd Place: Canton

3rd Place: China Spring

4th Place: Anna

5th Place: North Lamar

6th Place: Springtown

7th Place: Burnet

8th Place: Lumberton

9th Place: Calallen

10th Place: Kennedale 

Panther Creek in 1st? Why?

It's a bit early to be discussing it but area I 6a had some really interesting results last year, a lot bands in the higher ranks that weren't before, although some of the judging was criticized by many, I think it will still be very interesting to see what happens this year. Will Tompkins rise back up again? Will Bridgeland keep its 1st place spot or will Seven Lakes come out on top? Will Cy-Fair find its way back to marching competition after two years? Could we possibly see Cinco Ranch become a state qualifier? After a year of band programs healing from the effects of covid, I'm very curious to see where things end up

On 6/18/2022 at 4:03 PM, certified-reed-eater said:

It's a bit early to be discussing it but area I 6a had some really interesting results last year, a lot bands in the higher ranks that weren't before, although some of the judging was criticized by many, I think it will still be very interesting to see what happens this year. Will Tompkins rise back up again? Will Bridgeland keep its 1st place spot or will Seven Lakes come out on top? Will Cy-Fair find its way back to marching competition after two years? Could we possibly see Cinco Ranch become a state qualifier? After a year of band programs healing from the effects of covid, I'm very curious to see where things end up

I would like to see both Cinco Ranch and Cy-Fair to make it to state for Area I. Hopefully 5 bands can make it to state from Area I so that we can see another band advance again

On 6/17/2022 at 10:10 PM, J-Mike16 said:

Panther Creek in 1st? Why?

They'll have freshmen-juniors, they'll be big for a 4A, and they come from programs where making state regularly in 5A is the expectation (Lone Star HS). Their staff is incredible too. Melissa and Argyle moved up to 5A so Area B is going to be easier to advance through.

6 hours ago, LegitAlto1 said:

They'll have freshmen-juniors, they'll be big for a 4A, and they come from programs where making state regularly in 5A is the expectation (Lone Star HS). Their staff is incredible too. Melissa and Argyle moved up to 5A so Area B is going to be easier to advance through.

You know, it sounds like they may do well, however, we have never seen a 1st year band program not only make it to state, but also make State Finals, and then win. Not saying there is not a chance, but its unlikely.

23 hours ago, LegitAlto1 said:

I will say this, I marched with the Area B group, as I came from Melissa High School, and that Area isn't as easy as one would think with Argyle and Melissa not being in the group anymore. There is still bands like Farmersville, Sanger, Stephenville, Celina, Van Alystne, Kaufman, and Community just to name some. The area won't be as difficult now, compared to Area D and Area C, but that area still has some amazing programs! Can't wait to see how Panther Creek does!

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2022 at 7:04 PM, Dave609 said:

Would be interesting to see Cedar Ridge or Keller win! But I am going to say I could see a band like Marcus or maybe Vandegrift take the win this year. But I would love to someone new in the Top 3 this year! 

it'll most likely be hebron vs vandy again. been doing some digging around. could also see vista, possibly coppell, and flomo medal. not exactly sure on how the other southern bands will do

On 8/13/2022 at 4:11 PM, Tubalord11 said:

If HP makes state finals i will be soooo happy! Loved Play and Sugar Rush soooo much! 

yeah no. 6a area b will most likely not let this happen LMAO

1. entire staff change [directors can actually determine how the season goes. good directors = good teaching + good progress]
2. literally everyone in area b is cracked/competitive [you literally have strong programs trying to kill each other for an appearance at state]
3. they may be in the bottom half of finals

take this with a huge grain of salt since i haven't heard much about what else is going on over there (especially with their show and the current state of their band)

also my too-early predictions for area b: coppell, keller, wax, slc, bell/timber creek/dville, [i have not heard much about the other programs in this area] but i'll go ahead and give really poor predictions from here: lake ridge, kcent, possibly martin, haltom, and hp? [can't tell too much with how these judges actually judge prelims and how these other programs are doing atm]

34 minutes ago, Raydurs said:

yeah no. 6a area b will most likely not let this happen LMAO

1. entire staff change [directors can actually determine how the season goes. good directors = good teaching + good progress]
2. literally everyone in area b is cracked/competitive [you literally have strong programs trying to kill each other for an appearance at state]
3. they may be in the bottom half of finals

take this with a huge grain of salt since i haven't heard much about what else is going on over there (especially with their show and the current state of their band)

also my too-early predictions for area b: coppell, keller, wax, slc, bell/timber creek/dville, [i have not heard much about the other programs in this area] but i'll go ahead and give really poor predictions from here: lake ridge, kcent, possibly martin, haltom, and hp? [can't tell too much with how these judges actually judge prelims and how these other programs are doing atm]

I hardly think the situations that dire for HP.

I’d comfortably have them comfortably below Timber Creek but above Duncanville, Haltom, Martin and Keller Central, director changes and all.

I’m not sure if Prosper is in this area but I can’t imagine they’ll miss state if they are. Peel back one of Wax or SLC to make it in.

38 minutes ago, lost said:

I hardly think the situations that dire for HP.

I’d comfortably have them comfortably below Timber Creek but above Duncanville, Haltom, Martin and Keller Central, director changes and all.

I’m not sure if Prosper is in this area but I can’t imagine they’ll miss state if they are. Peel back one of Wax or SLC to make it in.

prosper is in area c. looked at hp's director list and they seem alright but they're still looking like a wild card for me.