Wind & Concert Band Errata Database Website (and Android App)

Hi everyone,

As a follow-up to my post a couple months ago (see below) about an Android app dedicated to Concert Band Errata, I have developed a desktop and mobile friendly website that holds all of this information.

Web/Mobile: https://concert-band-errata.web.app

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.studios.cms.concertbanderrata

The database is fully searchable, contains over 470 pieces with errata (and growing), and allows for errata submissions via Google Form. This is definitely a site you'll want to Bookmark!

Feel free to share this app with your students, colleagues, and fellow musicians, as this is something that has the potential to save lots of rehearsal time. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Thought this could be a helpful tool that other musicians might be interested in. As a clarinet player, I have always been bothered by how much time is wasted in rehearsals going over wrong notes, when it turns out there is a wrong note written into the parts or score. Then I found The Wind Repertory Project wiki website, which has errata and more information about nearly every band piece ever written. I decided to create an Android app, that contains only the errata for the band pieces that have errata documented for them, and that app can be found here on the Google Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.studios.cms.concertbanderrata

Just to highlight some features, the database is fully searchable, and contains a Google Form that anyone can fill out if they find errata that other musicians might find helpful. Periodically, we'll update the app/database to include any contributions made.

In addition, I'd like to create a website for this database as well...just need to sort out hosting and domains, but I will post back here if/when that is up and running.

Feel free to share this app with your students, colleagues, and fellow musicians, as this is something that has the potential to save lots of rehearsal time. And please let me know if you have any suggestions for the app.

• 11 months later...

Hey there! No worries about bothering us - we're happy to help out! I'm sorry to hear that you're at the hospital, I hope everything is okay. When it comes to scanning and sending tickets, I've found that this document scanning and OCR service https://smartengines.com/ is seriously a lifesaver. It's an online app that you can use on your phone, so you don't need to worry about finding a scanner. Check it out and LMK if you still need help. Best wishes to you!

20 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Ummm…. 🤔 

This seems to be a very delicate situation. And I’m just very confused. But in all honesty, what’s going on. 

I believe it’s good old fashioned SPAM. Something they used to have a lot more of in this forum but it’s fortunately few and far between here these days. 

3 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

I believe it’s good old fashioned SPAM. Something they used to have a lot more of in this forum but it’s fortunately few and far between here these days. 

But like, it’s just a friendly band website 😭😭😭 This is the last place I’d imagine to see spam showing up. We’re just here to talk about band lol, kinda funny that people who run spam accounts would go as far as our beloved txbands website.

• 7 months later...