5 hours ago, tennertrumbow said:

Lone Star HS Band presents their 2022 program:   "PRIMAL"

Featured Music:

"Natural"  by Imagine Dragons

"Serenada Schizophrana"  by Danny Elfman

"In the Air Tonight"  by Phil Collins

Original Compositions  by Dennis Llinás

Show Reveal Trailer:

https://m.facebook.com/lonestarhighschoolband/videos/2022-lone-star-hs-band-show-reveal-video/387729706611824/

"Primal" will explore the depths of our humanity and what really lies beneath, and will feature aggressive and striking choreography and drill. Our props will be large, 10+ foot-tall curved red claws.

For the first time in school history, Lone Star will have a custom uniform to fit the show's theme colors. I don't have a picture, but the uniform has a black base with red accents and a single red feather on the hat, much like Carolina Crown's 2015 uniforms. It will have a red sash on the hip, and shiny silver sleeves.

I'm super stoked for this year, Lone Star is putting out yet more difficult orchestrations, and we have really stepped up our choreo/visual game. We have some stacked staff this year, our battery instructor marched SCV 2018 on snare, our pit director is working with the Mandarins this summer, and our percussion arranger/director is a Mandarins ageout. Our colorguard director is a Crossmen ageout and our visual/choreography designer was in the 2014 Blue Devils guard. We may have a brass tech coming back from marching Phantom Regiment after DCI finals. 

I can not wait to see this!

Here is Westwood's Announcement. Seems like it's a bit different than what was announced in the spring. 

Join the Westwood Warrior Band as we go Beyond the Brick this season! Beyond the Brick takes you on a somewhat familiar yet completely fresh and innovative journey to the mythical Land of Oz. With inspiration from The Wizard of Oz and music that includes:
Coldplay
Miklos Rozsa - Concerto for String Orchestra
Elton John
The Rolling Stones
Metallica
Miracle Musicals

16 hours ago, BandFan95 said:

Here is Westwood's Announcement. Seems like it's a bit different than what was announced in the spring. 

Join the Westwood Warrior Band as we go Beyond the Brick this season! Beyond the Brick takes you on a somewhat familiar yet completely fresh and innovative journey to the mythical Land of Oz. With inspiration from The Wizard of Oz and music that includes:
Coldplay
Miklos Rozsa - Concerto for String Orchestra
Elton John
The Rolling Stones
Metallica
Miracle Musicals

Fun!!

The Woodlands announced their 2022 show on their social media pages. the show is apparently called Mad Mod Go.

wut wut wut? lol. i don't have any insight. would be odd to do a show based on a Teen Titans villain, but 60s psychedelia and fashion is a well-worn trope for this design team.

i think the standouts based on titles so far have been Children of the Corn, Wednesday, Senior Prom: A Night to Dismember, Bloodlines, The Red Umbrella, Shenanigans, Odyssey FM, Archetype, In Plain Sight, Trainlapse, Seeking Sentience, and All Bets Are Off. all intriguing in their own way.

okie dokie, heard from my source (ha), if this is wrong blame her, hahahaha. twhs' is supposedly a spy show. not sure what the words mad, mod, and go have to do with that, but there you go. supposedly they're doing one of the pieces Blue Devils are doing this year. take a wild guess which one. interesting their arranger would do the same music as the drum corps he works with. or maybe not. guard supposedly looked like they were looking through binoculars at one point. kinda hokey and been done lots before, but could be fun and fits with their newer style.

5 minutes ago, packwick said:

okie dokie, heard from my source (ha), if this is wrong blame her, hahahaha. twhs' is supposedly a spy show. not sure what the words mad, mod, and go have to do with that, but there you go. supposedly they're doing one of the pieces Blue Devils are doing this year. take a wild guess which one. interesting their arranger would do the same music as the drum corps he works with. or maybe not. guard supposedly looked like they were looking through binoculars at one point. kinda hokey and been done lots before, but could be fun and fits with their newer style.

Did your source say how they looked, post-director change? I think that's what we're all the most curious about. :)

3 minutes ago, Rubisco said:

Did your source say how they looked, post-director change? I think that's what we're all the most curious about. :)

hmmmmm, i mean not much. "looked young" and had "less drill than usual"? she's been going to these for 20+ years, so i trust her on those points at least. i mean, this year will be a challenge, everyone knows that.

11 hours ago, Rubisco said:

This reminds me that it's the time of the season for videos popping up on YouTube! Football games should be starting soon.

the drive, my dear, the drive! to hold you over.

i fell down a 2005 hole a little bit ago searching for what i thought was Center Grove's CIA spy show. i had been saying "keep it a secret! keep it a secret!" in my head all day at work, it was bugging me. Conspiracy Theory, topical even today. about the FBI, my bad. the show concept and set design are friggin awesome though. the guard KILLED it. those facial expressions. hahaha. and when the flutes hold their instruments like rifles and do that military infiltration movement. hahahaha. kind of a subversive show, my taste. all the file cabinets, and the papers going up into the air at the end. god i knew i loved this one! this was the era DCI fans were flipping out over the single door in the Cadets show. they would have gone into cardiac arrest over this set design. hahahaha.

"keep it a secret! keep it a secret!" the sound of band directors everywhere requesting you take down YouTube videos of their shows.

Got the chance to see Cedar Ridge's preview last night! They're in a great place musically, and I'm excited to see more get added and for the technical aspects be strengthened. I'm also very happy to see how much of a "production" it is, even this early in the season.

As expected, they requested no recordings uploaded, and I'll respect that, but they did give a little bit of context for the show concept, and I thought it wouldn't hurt to post it here to expand upon what we know. 

"Light turns to dark, today becomes yesterday. Mysterious creatures walk the earth. Strong as stone, they are the defenders of good from the evils that lie waiting.

In the Midnight Hour, as the gargoyles begin their watch, a yell is heard." 

2 hours ago, Samuel Culper said:

I was at Vista Ridge's preview on Monday.  I came away impressed in a way I do not recall feeling before.

I'll put it this way: My son (who is a band alum) is about as tough a critic on his former bad as you will find.  He said he got goosebumps.

The band is extremely talented. The musicianship is there. They have the potential to win major BOA contests. They just weren't very well served by their somewhat confusing show design last year. That, and there were some distracting guard weaknesses. I'm excited to see what they bring this year. They could be a bigger threat to Vandy at BOA Austin than people think!

3 hours ago, Rubisco said:

The band is extremely talented. The musicianship is there. They have the potential to win major BOA contests. They just weren't very well served by their somewhat confusing show design last year. That, and there were some distracting guard weaknesses. I'm excited to see what they bring this year. They could be a bigger threat to Vandy at BOA Austin than people think!

There were some important changes made in the design team this Spring, and I think this is key for the 2022 season.  Vista is baaaccckkkk.