2 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Well everyone… it seems BD is gonna do it once again! TONS OF MAJOR SHIFTS ELSEWHERE THOUGH!!! Scores are online and I’m tired lol but here’s top 15 or so 

1st: BD

2nd: BAC(back in 2nd) 

3rd: BC 

4th:Crown(.15 off of bc, first move) 

5th: SCV 

6th: Cadets 

7th: Blue Stars( jumped over Cavaliers) 

8th: Cavaliers 

9th: Phantom Regiment( Finally and we’ll deservingly jumped over mandarins)

10th: mandarins

11th: Colts(🥳🥳🥳

12th: Troopers(🥳🥳🥳

———————————————

13th: Crossmen

14th: BK

15th: Madison Scouts 

16th: Academy

only thing I feel like the is set in stone is blue Devils in first. Crown had a shaky run today, as well as cadets hence the drops and placement, but there is plenty of time for recovery. 11th and 12th place is gonna be a heck of a battle, but I don’t feel like BK have a chance anymore :( Crossmen May make it but everyone just loves Troopers and Colts honestly have it in the bag unless their run is bad. Just amazing all around from everyone! BD will most likely break the record again lol 

Blue Devils will come close to their 2014 record, but I don't think they will break it unless they have the run of a lifetime. I would love to see it happen, but who knows. I'm glad to see Colts make it into the top 12 before Semi-Finals, I really like their show this year!

1 hour ago, J-Mike16 said:

Was so blown away from Trooper's run (was the first time watching them). I absolutely think that they will perform on Saturday, same as Colts! Even though I do think Crossmen could still swipe one of them out. 

Phantom overtaking Mandarins was something. I have been saying for awhile that Phantom is not performing a 10th place show. I really think they could place as high as 6th or 7th. I don't think they will this year, but still amazing job!

I haven't seen Troopers show yet, but I do hope they make finals so I can see the show at least once! Won't be able to watch Semi-Finals because I have something going on.

i was able to view a lot of 'em on YouTube. no Devils unfortunately. waaaaah! i want them. right here, right now!

all of the shows are being performed at a higher level, go figure, but i feel pretty much the same about them relative to each other as i did a month ago. same strengths and weaknesses.

Boston is still pretty all around excellent, just some drops in my "level of engagement" graph here and there. worst drop is the bari solo/drum break. it just sounds like something drowning and flailing about in the water. i'm not a fan of drum breaks in general, usually too disruptive to the flow, i prefer something more tastefully incorporated into the fabric of the show. on the other hand, it's supposed to represent the snake in Eden, so it should be intrusive. i just feel it could have been done in a more artful way. but it doesn't erase the good parts of the show, which are very good. guard just does crazy toss after crazy toss. brass is big and warm and exciting.

Bloo's audio in the video was really messed up. guessing it didn't sound that way live. replacement keytar made me lol. brass seemed to have a little more oomph, so good for them, but that might just have been Flo's audio weirdness. lots of electronic buzzing and fizzling. sometimes even the brass sounded electronic. still probably my second favorite visual program after the Devs. layered but not too busy, all parts nicely balanced w/ the set, with great clarity and logic and originality. some wonderful weirdos came up with this show.

i love the uplift of Crown's very spirited music. nice sounds for the most part. trumpet soloist's vibrato is too slow for my taste, but has a pleasant, sweet tone. music is impactful. it's big, it's powerful, it's emotional. kind of Avon-ish at times in the technical flourishes, but much larger sound. the visual program has quite a bit of dirt. visual analysis score frankly too high for what i'm seeing. still cluttered looking, but some cool drill interspersed w/ the clutter. what in the world is going on visually in the ballad?! what? whaaat?! over the top on purpose. pure sugar. the guide to the show might as well be an assistant principal running back and forth alongside the bleachers at a high school football game with a megaphone shouting "c'mon kiddos! clap your hands and do the wave! WOO!" the performers' faces at the end made me lol. the open mouthed blond guy. i was like, that's me. wuuuh?

Santa Clara, i love the way the corps moves. it's a credit to them that when i first saw this show i couldn't tell whether i was watching their guard or not, when those guys come out and perform the arabesques in relevé. such unusual grace. the fact that i'm even able to remark on something like port de bras for the brass members is great. also kiiiinda underscores the need for field level judges who understand that stuff. do they? do they really? do they really really? show overall is good, but still pretty blandly elegant and colorless. ending is cute. props to the music arranger for figuring out how to build a show around 2 notes from Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Cadets, i'd say something like wow, what an improvement! but i haven't watched a Cadets show in years. brass was very strong. not surprised to see them ahead of SCV in that, although SCV also sounded good. ballad is a super goosebumps moment and the talking actually kind of helps with that. still some significant visual dirt, but this is a show with actual DRILL, what a concept! glad to see a fresh spin on this musical road trip idea. it was my least favorite of my own ideas, like i thought it was clearly the lamest idea on my list, but they've turned it into a top 6 show, so good for them. strongly dislike the male guard outfits. they're in like slacks and polo shirts or something. looks too... business casual.

Blue Stars look great up close. awesome costume designs. lots o' character on the field. pastels still get a little lost upstairs but they're very pretty up close. probably best baritone solo of the year to start the show. great tone, very musical. my memory is failing me. i think my main problem with the show is that i just don't remember much from it. it was like Russian music, right? hahahaha. it lacks memorable moments for me. i recall it being good, but my hippocampi didn't encode anything specific into long term storage. was there a big visual or musical moment that really set it apart from everything else? or was it just the set and costumes for me?

Phantom's show feels very classic. still waiting for the barrel of toxic waste to be rolled out onto the field during all that Melillo music. Churchill, guys! the show is very very tuneful, that's probably what makes it feel so comfy and makes it appealing to a large number of people. also, u know, actual drill. ACTUAL DRILL. some of this music, like the breezier stuff, i see myself strolling down a grocery aisle in Stepford Wives drag pushing a cart full of potato chips and lubricant, and it's really kind of awesome. big sound from the brass, not always with the best clarity. the judges will ultimately go for the more contemporary shows, but the audience is on this one's side.

1 hour ago, packwick said:

i was able to view a lot of 'em on YouTube. no Devils unfortunately. waaaaah! i want them. right here, right now!

Ha! Rest assured, the Blue Devils were outstanding.

1 hour ago, packwick said:

some of this music, like the breezier stuff, i see myself strolling down a grocery aisle in Stepford Wives drag pushing a cart full of potato chips and lubricant, and it's really kind of awesome.

:lol::lol::lol:

10 hours ago, Dave609 said:

I haven't seen Troopers show yet, but I do hope they make finals so I can see the show at least once! Won't be able to watch Semi-Finals because I have something going on.

They have seriously became my 2nd favorite corp this year after Phantom. Like, I could totally see them start to rise up the ranks in this decade.

4 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

I have really enjoyed Troopers so much from last year and this year, that I just purchased a shirt from their online store today. Yes, I know that the DCI Season ends tomorrow night but oh well. I can still wear the shirt whenever I want lol.

Troopers shows is just phenomenal this year! I hope them and Colts take 11th and 12th! Love Crossmen and wouldn’t mind having one Tx rep in finals but I just love Colts and Troopers so much this year!

Here's the Semi Finals scores:

1. Blue Devils 98.300
2. Boston Crusaders 96.975
2. Bluecoats 96.975
4. Carolina Crown 95.813
5. Santa Clara Vanguard 95.150
6. The Cadets 93.287
7. Blue Stars 92.250
8. The Cavaliers 91.862
9. Phantom Regiment 90.700
10. Mandarins 89.537
11. Colts 87.450
12. Troopers 87.425
---------------------------
13. Crossmen 86.925
14. Blue Knights 85.788
15. Madison Scouts 83.725
16. The Academy 82.200
17. Music City 81.763
18. Vanguard Cadets 81.050
19. Pacific Crest 80.250
20. Gold 79.025
21. Genesis 78.813
22. Blue Devils B 78.375
23. Spartans 76.600
24. Guardians 73.925
25. Jersey Surf 73.875

The Bluecoats continue to push forward. I think that Crusaders may have topped out. Phantom above the Mandarins....finally. I am not sure what the judges aren't liking about the Regiment's show this season. Colts and Troopers are in a dead heat. It's a shame the Crossmen didn't make finals but they performed the heck out of that show tonight. 

Looking forward to tomorrow night. 

Well, tonight was once again ingesting! First off… THE BLUECOATS ALUMNI CORPS WAS JSUT PHENOMENAL!!! I was crying the entire time, happy and sad! Seeing them to the tilt thing…. I LOST IT!!!! Was speechless! 

regarding everything else… BD hsve this. I know people want BAC to win.. it won’t happen y’all, I’m sorry. Tying with BC tonight was not what they needed. They could honestly end in 3rd, unless Crown brings it. If Crown meddles, I’m happy, but it won’t be easy. They definitely can take brass, snd I want them in 3rd, but BC snd BAC are also fantastic! Soooo happy for Colts and Troopers! It feels weird with no but BK but they did amazing, as well as Crossmen! Just another great night of dci! Hoping to see some upsets and changes tomorrow but at this point I’m not expecting any changes in placement.

my prediction about the finals panel possibly being good for Crown placing 2nd proooobably not gonna come true. two fourth place finishes in a row, the one tonight by over a point. not a good sign. the Aidens must be flipping their s### right now on social media. (right here, right now?)

hard to overcome that. plus, the judges can and do change their minds about shows. like, Bill Chumley had Bloo in a pretty comfy 2nd in both of his GE subcaptions tonight, 98s in both. i think he had them a distant 5th last time he saw them.

I can not believe the 2022 DCI Season ends tomorrow (technically today). So much has happened and yet every single corp that took a step on that Lucas Oil Field should be proud of themselves. They all did such an amazing job and I know all of us are already looking forward to DCI 2023! Now, Good Luck to those Finalist Corps and kick some ****!

Good Morning everyone!!! Happy DCI Finals day!!!! Really looking forward to tonight!!! History had already been made, snd I’m hoping some more is made on this special day. I leave for college tomorrow as a freshmen so tonight is a very bitter sweet thing for me! Team Crown all the way! Hoping for at least the brass caption but a medal would be nice! Gonna be a super exciting night regardless of placement! 

3 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Good Morning everyone!!! Happy DCI Finals day!!!! Really looking forward to tonight!!! History had already been made, snd I’m hoping some more is made on this special day. I leave for college tomorrow as a freshmen so tonight is a very bitter sweet thing for me! Team Crown all the way! Hoping for at least the brass caption but a medal would be nice! Gonna be a super exciting night regardless of placement! 

I'm Team Santa Clara, even if they take 5th! But I think we may see history tonight as the Top 10 will most likely all have a score of 90.0 or higher! I hope that Boston stays in the Top 3, even if they drop to third, but tonight is going to be one in the making!

Can't wait for tonight!!!

The top 12 will give it their all and I hope that Blue Devils do hit the 99.0 mark, since no one has hit it since 2014 (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Also here are my final predictions-

1st- Blue Devils- 99.275 (This is what I predict their final score will be)

2nd- Boston Crusaders

3rd- Bluecoats

4th- Carolina Crown

5th- Santa Clara Vanguard

6th- The Cadets

7th- Blue Stars

8th- The Cavaliers

9th- Phantom Regiment

10th- Mandarians

11th- Troopers

12th- Colts

1 hour ago, josephbandfan said:

Just watched the Bluecoats Alumni Corps Performance and wow. I was not expecting to cry so much today.

They were wonderful!

16 hours ago, packwick said:

the Aidens must be flipping their s### right now on social media. (right here, right now?)

LOL. Is it sad that I know exactly to whom you refer, despite having never heard that word used to describe them? :lol:

I think Crown is great, but I definitely agree there were some major missteps with the design.

Best of luck to all the performers tonight! I'm not convinced many of them are actually browsing this forum, but just in case! :lol:

1 hour ago, Dave609 said:

Can't wait for tonight!!!

The top 12 will give it their all and I hope that Blue Devils do hit the 99.0 mark, since no one has hit it since 2014 (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Also here are my final predictions-

1st- Blue Devils- 99.275 (This is what I predict their final score will be)

2nd- Boston Crusaders

3rd- Bluecoats

4th- Carolina Crown

5th- Santa Clara Vanguard

6th- The Cadets

7th- Blue Stars

8th- The Cavaliers

9th- Phantom Regiment

10th- Mandarians

11th- Troopers

12th- Colts

Yeah I agree with these rankings for sure!!! Colts and troopers could flip, maybe PR and Mandarins, but I Doubt, hoping Crown Gets back in top 3 but I’m not expecting it after first two nights. 

Here’s my captions predictions.

BD: Visual/GE

Crown: Brass

Boston: Guard 

SCV:Percussion 

I personally think the DM award will go to the phantom dm but that’s just a guess as we can’t really predict that.

13 more minutes until another legendary night of DCI!!!!