4 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

WOW!!! Some serious jumps in score for both Crown and Boston!!! And y’all, BD didn’t have their usual recap info if you know what I mean… A 3rd and 2nd place in GE( beaten by crown,BC and Boston), 4th in color guard(same groups ahead of them here) and crown took music brass& analysis. Here’s my thinking… BD have peaked early. And yes, the won and all, but 4th in guard…. UNHEARD OF THIS YEAR! I believe they can be beaten!!! 
oh yeah… Boston less than a 10th of a point from 1st. They can do this!!!!!

And with the top 5 being in the 90's! This year is going to be an epic final showdown to see who wins the Gold. I think Boston Will do it, unless Blue Devils have something in store.

Interesting things at NightBEAT tonight! Crown and bd weren’t able to perform due to weather, however, still some noticeable things in the recaps. First off, Boston actually went down from Atlanta in their score. Don’t know if the other 2 groups performing had something to do with this but if this was their score either way I think Crown would have and still can top them. Also, Clots moved up ahead of Crossmen and BK, which I feel like should have happened long ago, but very happy for that group. Will definitely be in world finals. Sad we didn’t get to see what Crown would have brought but I hope this makes them want to work harder! 

Also, if Colts and Crossmen keep it up, we may not see BK in finals this year, which would be crazy, but tbh, vibe really isn’t it.

yeah, definitely not the trend Boston wanted to see, but band director ppl are telling me they performed in the rain, so i dunno. Bloo beat them in GE tonight, and narrowed the gap quite a bit from yesterday, even with many of the same judges. Boston probably gave a worse performance than yesterday.

the scores the past couple nights have been messyyy. some of it understandable, some of it not. Rickart's scores both nights seem most accurate to me based on what i saw at Broken Arrow, might not be accurate anymore. yesterday, Bill Chumley reaaaally tried to make SCV happen, but wasn't successful. tonight, the two percussion guys (one in music analysis) tried to make SCV happen, still unsuccessfully. maybe SCV will still happen. Hestin's scores have been all sorts o' weird the past 2 nights. and Leitzke has really elevated the Cavies recently at the expense of Cadets and Blue Stars. how do u go from a 0.1 spread to a 1 point spread in 4 days? thaaaat's odd.

Boston Crusaders have Allentown to top Blue Devils, but that's their last opportunity before championships. i guess it could be a 2008 Phantom Regiment style win, but BD wasn't undefeated going into championships in 2008, having lost to Cavies at Allentown. my most recent opinion was BD, Boston, and Bloo for the top 3. Crown sounds fantastic, and i can see why somebody else would have them 3rd, but their visual program has little discernible intelligence, the staff seemingly having settled on blasting the field with fabric to create most of the visual effect. it's just a wee bit too... inelegant.

haven't fallen in love with anything yet. last time i watched it was like a clear 2nd place show w/ Devils and then a handful of 3rd place shows ripping each other apart. stronger than usual from top to bottom tho.

Well y’all, it looks like we probably won’t be seeing BK in finals this year unless they start to pick it up. Colts took nearly a 3 point lead over them last night. Also, looking like Phantom is starting to really come together ,as they had a 87.2 last night, which is only .038 under there score they revived in 2019 world class finals! Definitely think this amazing group can break into the 90’s!!!

53 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Well y’all, it looks like we probably won’t be seeing BK in finals this year unless they start to pick it up. Colts took nearly a 3 point lead over them last night. Also, looking like Phantom is starting to really come together ,as they had a 87.2 last night, which is only .038 under there score they revived in 2019 world class finals! Definitely think this amazing group can break into the 90’s!!!

Will know more after the next 2 nights.  The Crossmen perform tonight and the Crossmen and BK are both performing Wednesday night in Glassboro head to head with the same judges.   Agreed BK is on the fence and will have to see who steps it up over the next few performances.  

Personally I am pulling for BK because my Daughter is in the Guard with BK, but I also love to see a local group in Central Texas do so well this year (Crossmen).

Here’s a little recap from tonight: 

BD and Crown are getting so close, with only a .575 difference tonight(BD with a 94.975 and crown with a 94.400). Cadets broke into the 90’s and Troopers into the 80’s, and colts did have a minor drop tonight. Cavaliers is starting to catch up as well with about a 1 point difference between the and BS tonight! I think world class finals is gonna be a lot tonight we than expected, and some unexpected things probably will happen! Great night all around! 

On 8/2/2022 at 11:23 AM, gregorydf01 said:

Will know more after the next 2 nights.  The Crossmen perform tonight and the Crossmen and BK are both performing Wednesday night in Glassboro head to head with the same judges.   Agreed BK is on the fence and will have to see who steps it up over the next few performances.  

Personally I am pulling for BK because my Daughter is in the Guard with BK, but I also love to see a local group in Central Texas do so well this year (Crossmen).

The Blue Knights were up by .5 over the Crossmen in Glassboro tonight and the two Corps are Head to Head going into the last week.  We will probably have to wait until Friday at Indy to know for sure who get's that 12th spot!  Exciting isn't it!!!   

34 minutes ago, gregorydf01 said:

The Blue Knights were up by .5 over the Crossmen in Glassboro tonight and the two Corps are Head to Head going into the last week.  We will probably have to wait until Friday at Indy to know for sure who get's that 12th spot!  Exciting isn't it!!!   

It's very exciting keeping track of all of these matchups! PR vs Mandarins, Crossmen vs BK vs Colts, BAC vs BD, etc. I hope your daughter is having an amazing time. Obviously they're having a different season than maybe expected but to do DCI at all is something I'm so jealous of!

just when i think i need to watch all the top corps again before championships to update my opinions, the judges go, "nope!"

it was all such a tease. Devils on top tonight at Allentown with a 96.050. Boston and Bloo distantly duking it out with a 94.500 and 94.375. 9 out of 10 judges, all but color guard, had the Devils first. 6 out of 10 judges had Bloo in 2nd ahead of Boston, so that could be a real fight. Crown may benefit over those two by performing tomorrow. still plenty of excitement beyond first place.

1 hour ago, Rubisco said:

I like how you comment, but haven't actually watched the shows in like a month. :lol:

it's pathetic, isn't it?

ok, i just watched BAC on YouTube. here's my professional assessment. i love the fit, shirtless 20-something-year-old men and the sexy choreography. i think they should do my Showgirls show next year. again, this is just my professional opinion.

1 hour ago, packwick said:

it's pathetic, isn't it?

ok, i just watched BAC on YouTube. here's my professional assessment. i love the fit, shirtless 20-something-year-old men and the sexy choreography. i think they should do my Showgirls show next year. again, this is just my professional opinion.

Oh my...... that would be something.

Carolina Crown was on top tonight with a 95.075. That puts them in second place overall across the two days of Allentown. It's the same judging panel both days, but there are definitely contest dynamics to consider when combining scores on two separate days.

Akron will be the last big matchup of the 2nd-4th group prior to championships.

15 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

Such a shame that Akron was fully rained out!

sad!

On 8/6/2022 at 10:16 PM, Rubisco said:

Carolina Crown was on top tonight with a 95.075. That puts them in second place overall across the two days of Allentown. It's the same judging panel both days, but there are definitely contest dynamics to consider when combining scores on two separate days.

Akron will be the last big matchup of the 2nd-4th group prior to championships.

check Discord pls.

Hey quick question y’all… so just watched the open class finals and they didn’t do a full retreat snd only DM’s like BOA last year. Do y’all think this will be the case for world finals? I’m okay with it as I care about the healthy and safety beyond a full retreat but I feel like it’s way more tradition for dci than boa/UIL. What do y’all think? 

also here’s the results from tonight

Captions: Vanguard Cadets swept 

1st: Vanguard Cadets(83.550)

2nd: Gold(81.900)

3rd: BDB(81.588)

4th: Spartans(81.025)

5th: Guardians(79.213) Go Tx 🥳

6th: Southwind(78.638)

7th: The Battalion(75.600)

8th: Legends(74.750)

9th: Louisiana Stars(74.150)

10th: River City Rhythm(73.335) 

11th: 7th Regiment(70.125)

12th: Les Stentors(69.500) 

SCV cadets were the clear winners. Personally thought Spartans should have been 3rd but 2-4 were so tight! Gold was my favorite!!! What a season for them! So proud! Just a great night all around! Congratulations to all these amazing performers, staff, parents and everyone else who made the dreams of these kids come real!!! 

Hey y’all! Today is the beginning of the end! So I just have a quick question… For semifinals, do they just announce the scores like they do for prelims and post them online, or did they have the drum majors come out to be recognized and then they announce who makes finals? I’ve never watched world-class live before or been in person so I don’t know how this works, but I see for prelims that they announce the scores as the day goes on. 

On 8/9/2022 at 9:51 PM, Tubalord11 said:

But I really wanna know what y’all think w them doing full retreat or not Saturday night. I feel like them not will bring a lot of mad people but at this point, the health and well being of the kids is way more important, at least to me. 

full retreats are really fun and dazzling, but safety should come first.

i think finals scores are the only ones that are witheld and get any fanfare in DCI, but i pretty much only ever watch finals, so i'm unsure. i think it's the same as WGI.

judging panels have been posted.

https://dci.org/news/2022-world-championship-adjudication-panels

6 out of 11 judges for finals are the same as Allentown, including 3/4ths of the GE panel w/ Rickart instead of McCourt. my gut says this panel maaaay favor Carolina Crown and maybe also Bluecoats over Boston, but hard to predict. the brass judge who wasn't at Allentown really tanked Bloo relative to the others last time he saw them at a major comp. could balance things out. i say tanked but i actually agree w/ that brass score. probably the most meh aspect of Bloo's show for me.

still Blue Devils' gold medal to lose.

Well everyone… it seems BD is gonna do it once again! TONS OF MAJOR SHIFTS ELSEWHERE THOUGH!!! Scores are online and I’m tired lol but here’s top 15 or so 

1st: BD

2nd: BAC(back in 2nd) 

3rd: BC 

4th:Crown(.15 off of bc, first move) 

5th: SCV 

6th: Cadets 

7th: Blue Stars( jumped over Cavaliers) 

8th: Cavaliers 

9th: Phantom Regiment( Finally and we’ll deservingly jumped over mandarins)

10th: mandarins

11th: Colts(🥳🥳🥳

12th: Troopers(🥳🥳🥳

———————————————

13th: Crossmen

14th: BK

15th: Madison Scouts 

16th: Academy

only thing I feel like the is set in stone is blue Devils in first. Crown had a shaky run today, as well as cadets hence the drops and placement, but there is plenty of time for recovery. 11th and 12th place is gonna be a heck of a battle, but I don’t feel like BK have a chance anymore :( Crossmen May make it but everyone just loves Troopers and Colts honestly have it in the bag unless their run is bad. Just amazing all around from everyone! BD will most likely break the record again lol 

The Colts are so interesting to me. They are not marching the most demanding show and it doesn't feel fully cohesive to me. But their mastery of dynamics is incredible and a massive boost to the show. They are a case study in making the most and best of what you have. 

Troopers had a fantastic run tonight. So did the Bluecoats. I am really starting to like that show. Phantom in the top 10 is so nice to see and well deserved. 

Was so blown away from Trooper's run (was the first time watching them). I absolutely think that they will perform on Saturday, same as Colts! Even though I do think Crossmen could still swipe one of them out. 

Phantom overtaking Mandarins was something. I have been saying for awhile that Phantom is not performing a 10th place show. I really think they could place as high as 6th or 7th. I don't think they will this year, but still amazing job!