6th- River City Rhythm- 59.10
7th- Colt Cadets- 57.60
8th- Heat Wave- 52.25
9th- Golden Empier- 49.90
10th- 7th Regiment- 48.80
11th- Blue Devils "C"- 44.65
12th- Raiders- 43.10
13th- Impulse- 38.50

So happy with how Crown is doing!!! I have a feeling that this year at World Finals, the scores in the top 5 or so are gonna be closer than ever before, and some very unexpected things people thought would never happen will! This season is going to be amazing! 

After watching BD and SCV tonight, I feel like if crown was there they would have one. I think BD has a stronger  visual package but crowns brass is imo miles ahead, and I think they also have the better guard and GE. Both bd and crown have their moments, but to me, crowns are more impactful, and I think it will carry them this season, and honestly, once they clean up their visual, they will be much stronger overall. SCV still has the percussion though. On fire as always, but Bostons also seems to be on fire this year as well!

8 hours ago, Rubisco said:

Did anybody here march with any of these corps? Or maybe teach any of them? I'm just curious. Not being judgmental.

I'm not noticing much of that annoying, overt favoritism, so I'm guessing perhaps not. :lol:

eww no. never auditioned.

haha, ok wait let me rephrase that. i have several reasons. first of all i had trouble seeing the appeal of spending an entire summer doing marching band and then having to do it all over again right after that, sometimes with concert band on top of it when we went to clinics.

i didn't see the appeal of traveling across the country with strangers. i was enough of a basketcase already.

drum corps shows in my childhood era were mostly dull, dull, dull, despite the flashy difficulty. i didn't appreciate them. they were pretty much just drill + music. like, you've got an imagination, right guys? avail yourselves of it! u mostly didn't get the conceptual richness and elaborate sets that would eventually leak from WGI and BOA into DCI. today's marchers are lucky. the shows are more alive than ever before.

even tho i was a brass player, I missed the color of the woodwinds. it all just sounded... bare... to my ears.

i was an elitist and didn't view DCI as something a "serious musician" did. not sure why i had that perception. we had several kids march with the Cadets and Cavies while still in high school, back when those corps were on top. our marching director at the time was the visual caption head for the Cavies, which may have helped a little. these were good kids, solid musicians, but for the most part more like... region band level? hahahaha. i'm terrible. hey it was region 9 tho!

but it's also why my eyes nearly roll out of their sockets when some loggerhead claims DCI marching membership as some especially rarefied class, or that DCI shows are somehow special aside from the difficulty. all that "hyuk hyuk, derp derp, this show belongs in BOA, hyuk hyuk." tell me you're an idiot without telling me you're an idiot. it's all marching band, sweetie. now, go hump a blowup doll to satisfy your borderline personality disorder and constant need for affection. psha!

I got my Phan Tour shirt tonight!!! SUTA!!!! 

Side Note, for the longest time, I always had difficulty trying to figure out which corp was my true favorite. As a little kid, my favorite was the Cavies, however now that I'm an adult, I have fully realized that Phantom Regiment is my favorite. It was because of how I was watching them progress through the 2021 season and then so far in this season, I realized that I never did that for any other group. Also, in my opinion, the depth of Phantom's shows is a little bit more than the Cavalier's shows, (That I watch and love). Although my all-time favorite DCI Show is Mad World 2010 Cavaliers. I know, I know, I'm weird.

20220713_221821.jpg

10 hours ago, Rubisco said:

Did anybody here march with any of these corps? Or maybe teach any of them? I'm just curious. Not being judgmental.

I'm not noticing much of that annoying, overt favoritism, so I'm guessing perhaps not. :lol:

I auditioned for Genesis back in 2016, but after I didn't get a call back, I never took the time to re-audition for another group (I made it to the December camp, but didn't get a contract or a call back for the January camp). Then after I graduated High School, I lost interest in Marching Band stuff in general for about a year or so before I found this page, which brought me back into band, but for DCI, I haven't payed any attention to it since 2018. Now with Medical issues that I have, I am not able to audition anymore.

After results from the contests yesterday, Blue Devils take the lead again and Santa Clara is back in the Top 3.

World Class-

1st- Blue Devils- 84.55
2nd- Carolina Crown- 83.45
3rd- Santa Clara Vanguard- 82.55
4th- Boston Crusaders- 80.85
5th- Bluecoats- 80.45
6th- Blue Stars- 79.45
7th- The Cadets- 79.15
8th- Mandarins- 78.80
9th- Phantom Regiment- 77.85
10th- The Cavaliers- 74.55
11th- Blue Knights- 74.35
12th- Crossmen- 73.80

Outside of Top 12-

13th- Colts- 73.50
14th- Troopers- 70.85
15th- Madison Scouts- 70.75
16th- Music City- 69.75
17th- The Academy- 69.20
18th- Pacific Crest- 63.60
19th- Jersey Surf- 63.15

Open Class-

1st- Blue Devils "B"- 62.55
2nd- Columbians- 62.50
3rd- Spartans- 62.45
4th- Gold- 62.40
5th- Vanguard Cadets- 60.70
6th- River City Rhythm- 60.35
7th- The Battalian- 60.25
8th- Colt Cadets- 58.30
9th- Heat Wave- 52.25
10th- Golden Empire- 49.90
11th- 7th Regiment- 48.80
12th- Blue Devils "C"- 44.65
13th- Raiders- 43.10
14th- Impulse- 38.50

The Boston Crusaders have returned into the Top 3 and The Cadets have moved into the Top 5! Also Louisiana Stars make their 2022 season debut!

DCI Tupelo Results-

World Class-

1st- Boston Crusaders- 84.00

2nd- The Cadets- 81.45

3rd- Crossmen- 75.40

4th- Music City- 71.75

Open Class-

1st- Louisiana Stars- 57.15

Interesting scores over the last week, and even though you can't really compare scores across shows well I think it is interesting how Blue Stars and Mandarins are really starting to come on strong. I can't wait to see all of these guys go head to hear this season. 

Finals is going to be so much fun after so long away. I am already electrified by it. Wish I could be there in person this season. 

The Cadets seem to be positioning themselves as the strongest "bottom half" group right now. Only about 2.5 points off possible medalist Boston Crusaders. One of the effect judges actually had them higher than BAC in content, which is interesting. I wonder if they'll eventually pass up the Cavaliers and return to the top half. Cavies are kind of in a lousy situation right now with COVID.

On 7/13/2022 at 4:17 PM, Rubisco said:

Yes, I marched with 2 corps. I started with a local to me corps (still world class corps) then moved into a heavy hitter in 1991 and 1992. 

2 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Anyone know what the BCs are doing a standstill tonight? Guessing Covid, heard there’s a new variant going around but hopefully it doesn’t cause to much damage.

Not Covid. It was because of the field conditions that I believe all the groups did a standstill performance. Of course, Cavies did their standstill because of Covid.

50 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

Not Covid. It was because of the field conditions that I believe all the groups did a standstill performance. Of course, Cavies did their standstill because of Covid.

Oh okay thank goodness I was at a friends house and checking in and saw them but thankful it wasn’t Covid! Thanks for letting me know :) 

Well everyone, Crown takes the lead!!!! It’s barely, but I think Broken Arrow is gonna tell a lot for the future! Vanguards show just doesn’t seem to be it? I like it, but maybe I’m not feeling what the judges are. But anyways, Crown did a good amount of reworks to their show and I Love it now! And the big ballad hit… Y’all they can do this, and I know they want to!!!! 

On 7/15/2022 at 6:33 PM, Rubisco said:

The Cadets seem to be positioning themselves as the strongest "bottom half" group right now. Only about 2.5 points off possible medalist Boston Crusaders. One of the effect judges actually had them higher than BAC in content, which is interesting. I wonder if they'll eventually pass up the Cavaliers and return to the top half. Cavies are kind of in a lousy situation right now with COVID.

considering the Cavies were a couple points behind the Blue Stars tonight and tied with Phantom, i'm guessing Cadets over Cavies is yet another prediction of yours that will come true.

recap was a mess. GE 1 for Cavies was 4th place, GE 2 was 1st place. the GE 1 judge is definitely the more prolific of the two judges. he judges for all 3 major marching arts organizations. i see his name all the time. GE judge 2 is a "who dat?" for me. probably focuses on DCI. hard to tell what other judges will think.

my feeling is that there was a conflict between putting the Cavies where they were before COVID messed them up and putting them where they probably belong. honestly wasn't a big fan of the show at the premiere, if i didn't already make that really obvious.