2022 BOA McAllen (Sept. 17)

22 hours ago, MikeKyu said:

Del Rio, I am really enjoying this show. I wonder if this show was written or arranged by the same person who does CTJ's shows. Some of the similarities are uncanny when it comes to key changes, overtones, and back sections into and out of highlight areas. Whatever, they are doing a wonderful job with this music and drill. I can see them passing Brandeis in finals. 

If both bands still use Carol Britton Chambers, then yes. My high school used her for a couple years. She is very good at writing powerful final movements.

On 9/17/2022 at 9:36 PM, MikeKyu said:

Del Rio, I am really enjoying this show. I wonder if this show was written or arranged by the same person who does CTJ's shows. Some of the similarities are uncanny when it comes to key changes, overtones, and back sections into and out of highlight areas. Whatever, they are doing a wonderful job with this music and drill. I can see them passing Brandeis in finals. 

Mr. Lipman posts all of the time on social media with the DR band so I wouldn’t be surprised. 

13 hours ago, lost said:

She’s definitely the person to go to for powerful in-your-face GE moments. I don’t think anyone writes them like her.

Our band worked with her for years. Her writing for our 2018 show was awesome, especially the closer and opening impact were just sublime. We went away from her my senior year under new direction and I dearly missed her writing. 

Was also cool knowing her husband. They are BOTH legends in this activity which is truly awesome. Sounds like their son is well on his way to do the same too.