2022 BOA Austin (Sept. 24)

35 minutes ago, MikeKyu said:

Cedar Park is ready. The GE ideas don't translate well on my video. Seeing this in person is impactful. 

https://youtu.be/fYm-vAOVWgY

oh i think the GE translates just fine. hahahaha. that's probably the best Cedar Park show i've ever watched.

hoooly wall of sound. could it be more dynamic? yeah, probably, but the sheer excitement of getting your face melted off is worth something for sure. plus the beautiful mirror effects.

I totally nerded out over Daft Punk’s score when Tron: Legacy first came out, so seeing a program like Vandegrift field this source music is stuff of dreams for me.

The Adagio for Tron is an obvious standout from the film, and practically feels written-for-the-field with its huge moments and aching beauty. I do wish Vandy’s ballad gave the piece a liiiitle more room to breathe and develop (obvious time constraints), but whatever gripes I have will get drowned out by the glorious backfield playing in the Alamodome :) 

FWIW-  the voiceover is abridged from the movie. 

2 minutes ago, packwick said:

oh i think the GE translates just fine. hahahaha. that's probably the best Cedar Park show i've ever watched.

hoooly wall of sound. could it be more dynamic? yeah, probably, but the sheer excitement of getting your face melted off is worth something for sure. plus the beautiful mirror effects.

Agreed!!! Cannot wait to see this one live as well

10 minutes ago, packwick said:

The mirrors are used to great effect. They are not only used to reflect but they are also using them to hide and "reappear."  When they blow out the guard with double flags, in person you get overwhelmed with color and movement. It's gonna be fun watching this show progress. 

As I said before, I think this is the best Cedar Park show since their last Grand Nats run. I wasn't too high on that show this early in the season (I know, different director). 

I’ll echo many folks’ sentiments about Cedar Park, from that far of a vantage point, in the video we were showed from tonight’s performance, it feels like they’ve elevated their music performance SEVERAL notches!! Incredibly, incredibly solid/impressive to where I feel only a few schools will be able to match their clarity and power by November based on where they already are now. I have no qualms putting them as a clear medalist/potential winner at this contest and bare minimum top half at BOA SA finals RIGHT NOW. Only going up from there, but that’s my prediction of their floor for me👀👀

Cedar Park setting the standard this morning! They look to be building off the success of last season, but this time with a stronger conceptual theme. There is sooo much great choreo reinforcing the theme. The ballad was definitely a stand-out moment. There’s a bit of a mysterious vibe through the show that I really enjoy.