2022 BOA Katy (Oct. 1)

On 10/2/2022 at 2:31 PM, JMR2022 said:

I was not aware that Reagan had left...? did I miss something?

this is a competition that Reagan has owned the last 3 years and 5 of the last 6 years - the past few years they have dominated finals by more than 2 full points or more. Last night Reagan finished 3 in Music, 3rd in Visual, Third in GE and 3rd overall. That is not a knock on the Reagan program - my point is Reagan has never gone away. they are a consistent high level program. how is this "back" when last year they swept this event and had a full 2 point win over CR

In 2019 they beat Vandy by nearly a point at BOA SA - and Vandy took the Eagle 2 weeks later.

Texas has a lot a great programs with an amazing history and that have fallen on hard times and are working to come back - I do not see Reagan as one of them.

Just my thoughts

I was more referencing the fact that they recently had not one but two major director changes and went through a period (albeit short) where they reshuffled design choices and simplified a bit compared to their normal design choices. I had thought it would take them another year or two for the now promoted head director to build the band and flesh it out a bit more in his vision and have a full class under his direction before they really started to take off again (I had full confidence that he’d do well with the program, just didn’t expect it to start clicking this fast). I was pleasantly surprised with the ramp up in design difficulty for this show. After watching the show I just felt the urge to proclaim that they were back. 

• 2 months later...