2022 BOA Katy (Oct. 1)

Just now, An Inspirational Pinecone said:

Congrats to Cedar Ridge! The scores this year feel low compared to the last few years, any reason for that or is it just the judges?

I actually think the last few years have been a little inflated in the early season regionals. Tonight's results seem a bit more in line to what regionals around this time of the year are scored about.

3 minutes ago, TexasWoo1999 said:

Did anyone watch Dawson to know why the ended up getting 20th?

Their score dropped from last week by over a point.

Something very similar happened to Winston Churchill last year, huge drop in placement. People from Churchill told me that it was because they had to keep adding parts to the show they just couldn’t clean, maybe a similar situation.

20 minutes ago, Nny14 said:

Great win for Cedar Ridge. I'm a little surprised Reagan didn't take visual.

Reagan was 1st in both upstairs visual captions as expected, but individual visual cost them the visual caption in finals. Demand is a big part of individual visual -- an area where CTJ shines.

Nothing too surprising about these results. They do seem to suggest that many of the top groups both here and elsewhere are very close in quality.

13 minutes ago, lost said:

Something very similar happened to Winston Churchill last year, huge drop in placement. People from Churchill told me that it was because they had to keep adding parts to the show they just couldn’t clean, maybe a similar situation.

Dawson did the same exact show as they did last week but cleaned a bit.

On 10/1/2022 at 11:46 PM, Houston213 said:

This is a massive W for Cy fair, being 2nd at Conroe behind the woodlands, and now 4th behind reagan. those kids must be flabbergasted rn

I was just going through the ordinals here and noticed that 2 of the 3 GE judges -- both of them very experienced adjudicators -- had Cy-Fair in the top 3. That's exciting! I wonder if they can keep up the momentum going into San Antonio.

Super late debriefing, but better late than never I suppose...

Congrats to Cedar Ridge on the win! I am totally down for the new Wedar Widge for not only the vampires, but because it's a literal W. (And I got to see them live this year!)

My apologies to Oak Ridge pit for jerking them around so much on competition day. When you're running a competition, one will just tend to lose track of things inevitably.

Thanks to all the volunteers from Morton Ranch. The mild 85°F weather in Houston and the huge lots helped, but the volunteers made all of the BOA staff's jobs much easier. We also had a few Jordan volunteers show up too, and I'll say what I've said them- it's been a very long while since I had enough people to run the lots in finals when the first band showed up.