2022 BOA DFW (Oct. 8)

49 minutes ago, peshbandkid said:

Just watched the Hebron performance. 

I will personally chip in $50 to send them to Grand Nationals and win. 

over my dead broken arrow body they'd win grand nats also they go next year anyways- perhaps this is the prelude to whatever sealy gives them next year

3 minutes ago, celesta said:

Oh dear god next year's GN is a bloodbath with Broken Arrow vs Hebron vs The Woodlands vs (maybe Keller) vs Avon vs Carmel

and maybe add Round Rock to that mix if they're continuing their trajectory for this year

It's only week 2 of October and we're already talking about 2023

Broken Arrow won’t be going next year, they go 2 years and skip 1. That is unless they break that cycle and go just to screw with hebron lol. Believe me, I do not want to be thinking about 2023 just yet

10 minutes ago, celesta said:

Oh dear god next year's GN is a bloodbath with Broken Arrow vs Hebron vs The Woodlands vs (maybe Keller) vs Avon vs Carmel

and maybe add Round Rock to that mix if they're continuing their trajectory for this year

It's only week 2 of October and we're already talking about 2023

That sounds like it will be a fun one! That will be one of the best contest's in recent years if that does happen next year or even in 2025

3 hours ago, Raydurs said:

over my dead broken arrow body they'd win grand nats also they go next year anyways- perhaps this is the prelude to whatever sealy gives them next year

Every year is a prelude to the next when it comes with Hebron, they’re always pushing themselves in their performance and it shows. They are unbelievable

22 hours ago, JohnSmith said:

Wakeland always improving, I can see them getting 2nd at state next year if they keep it up. 

if you give wakeland even more than what they have now for next year, they'd might as well give cedar park a run for their money. also this show would've been fantastic for grand nats- it's unfortunate they decided to drop out

10 minutes ago, Josegjr said:

I don’t know why they wouldn’t come to compete in Texas anymore

There’s really no use for them to drive up for a regular season regional when they’ve done fine without them for years.

San Antonio is usually the same weekend as OBA championships and they’re on a 15 or so win streak for that so that’s not an option.

32 minutes ago, BandDad4 said:

Can someone please expand on General Effect? There is already music and visual..and then again under general effect there is music and visual. The General Effect category changed positions of the bands in wild fashions compared if you just look at Visual and Music combined

GE usually comes down to show design. Different effects created in the shows and what not as well as how high the ensemble is executing the show in general. For a music ge example, 2 bands are playing the same piece for the ballad and it’s really beautiful. Band #1 is a decent band and they pull the piece off pretty well, chances are they get a decent music ge score from the ballad. Band #2 is excellent and it literally sends shivers down the judge’s spine, chances are the music ge score for them will be much higher. For visual ge, colorguard plays a huge part in that as well as what kind of effects the ensemble can create visually.

20 hours ago, cjm715 said:

GE usually comes down to show design. Different effects created in the shows and what not as well as how high the ensemble is executing the show in general. For a music ge example, 2 bands are playing the same piece for the ballad and it’s really beautiful. Band #1 is a decent band and they pull the piece off pretty well, chances are they get a decent music ge score from the ballad. Band #2 is excellent and it literally sends shivers down the judge’s spine, chances are the music ge score for them will be much higher. For visual ge, colorguard plays a huge part in that as well as what kind of effects the ensemble can create visually.

That doesn't make sense because band 1 and band 2 should already get wildly different scores in music outside of the GE score.

3 minutes ago, BandDad4 said:

That doesn't make sense because band 1 and band 2 should already get wildly different scores in music outside of the GE score.

Well music is only 20% of the bands overall score, visual is 20%, but GE is 60% of a bands total score, so that’s why a band can either get tanked or put ahead of bands that beat them in music and or visual.