2022 BOA DFW (Oct. 8)

LD Bell was solid! I know they’re with a new designer, but it still felt very in line with what they’ve done these past few years. Visually, pretty compelling with all the butterflies and big guard. The Symphonic Metamorphosis arrangement didn’t totally excite me, and there were some thinner moments musically. 

12 minutes ago, Origin said:

LD Bell was solid! I know they’re with a new designer, but it still felt very in line with what they’ve done these past few years. Visually, pretty compelling with all the butterflies and big guard. The Symphonic Metamorphosis arrangement didn’t totally excite me, and there were some thinner moments musically. 

Thinner moments such as?

LD Bell. Visually a great show. I think some of the performers put too much pressure on themselves and overplayed a little more than they wanted to. They marched well. They sound great when they  focused in and weren't overplaying. I am willing to bet they will not have that issue this evening. 

Wow, I gotta admit I'm liking Flower Mound's show a lot more after watching them in prelims. Visually the uniforms look really neat with the Superman style capes and the artwork for the comic book is really well done. While Hebron may have them beat in terms of difficulty, Flower Mound is just extraordinarily clean both musically and visually. I especially enjoyed the ending when all of the comic book panels are revealed and the band spreads out across the front field. Great performance!

Flower Mound is cleeeeean. This week on Instagram they’ve been showing everything that went into the design of this show, and it’s been really cool to see! I love the tango part. The color guard director change appears to have gone completely seamlessly. I think they have even more room to add more personality and life to certain parts of the show. Overall really really enjoyable show!