2022 BOA North Texas (Oct. 15)

3 hours ago, bingogooberman said:

Forney conspicuously missing from many predictions here 🤔 Is that because of their score at HEB? I feel like they could even push for top half here

Personally I have them as a lock for finals here, bordering on top half, their show seems catered to what BOA wants haha, also their keyhole visuals are very cool👀

Prosper was the first band I was able to catch today. Thought they sounded really good. The euphonium and flugelhorn soloists in the ballad were just lovely. Definitely edging more towards the upper half of the finals bubble at GNats, and should be in the upper half here barring some extraordinary performances from other bands.

13 minutes ago, BandFan59 said:

Prosper was the first band I was able to catch today. Thought they sounded really good. The euphonium and flugelhorn soloists in the ballad were just lovely. Definitely edging more towards the upper half of the finals bubble at GNats, and should be in the upper half here barring some extraordinary performances from other bands.

I complete agree! Have been watching on box5 since Wylie East. Everyone has sounded amazing! I LOVE LOVE the Rockhill show and am so happy I got to see it live last weekend! I will admit, I was a little surprised prosper only went up to their ballad today, but it was clean. 

A better performance from SLC here than at Bedford for sure. Musically they seem to have a better grasp of the material, especially with all the woodwind runs in the opener. Visually there's still that odd performer or two that is struggling, but it's definitely better than last week. The closer seems a little weaker than the rest of the show right now, but they've got plenty of time to polish it.

19 minutes ago, peshbandkid said:

Finalists (in random order)

Waxahachie

Southlake Carroll

Wylie East

Westlake

Westwood

Prosper

Rock Hill

Wakeland

Keller Central

Sachse

Owasso

Forney

Very awesome group of finalists here, SLC gets their redemption and an oppportunity for a second performance tonight, that’s always great to see! OK representative in Owasso making it too wooo, so many “W” bands too haha

Someone did mention Forney making a move, and they did!

On a  semi-related note, 6A Area C is going to be brutal. Hebron, FloMo, and Marcus are locks. That means we have to select (at most) three of: Rock Hill, Wylie, Wylie East, Prosper, and Sachse. Then, you would still have Plano East, Lewisville, McKinney Boyd, and Rockwall in the finals bubble. 

12 minutes ago, peshbandkid said:

Someone did mention Forney making a move, and they did!

On a  semi-related note, 6A Area C is going to be brutal. Hebron, FloMo, and Marcus are locks. That means we have to select (at most) three of: Rock Hill, Wylie, Wylie East, Prosper, and Sachse. Then, you would still have Plano East, Lewisville, McKinney Boyd, and Rockwall in the finals bubble. 

The number of top level bands in DFW is ridiculous.  Areas B and C are so stacked.