2022 BOA North Texas (Oct. 15)

5 hours ago, peshbandkid said:

Final prediction for this contest from me! 

1-3: Westlake, Westwood, Wakeland

I feel pretty confident placing these three up here. A W will get a W!

4-6: Prosper, Wylie East, Waxahachie

Prosper's first contests since HEB, I think they will come out and surprise! Wylie East was FAN.TAS.TIC at McKinney this past weekend! I am secretly hoping they make the move upwards. I love the Paris theme from Waxahachie and think they will also do very well

7-11: Owasso, Choctaw?, Keller Central, Rock Hill, Colleyville Heritage

Owasso is a pretty consistent elite band in Oklahoma so they should fit here. I don't know much about Choctow, but they placed close to Owasso at the Renegade Review so i'll place them here. Rock Hill showed OUT at Dallas, and I think KC and Colleyville Heritage will be in finals as well!

12-15: Southlake Carroll, Burleson Centennial, Sachse, Rockwall

The last spot in finals will be a fightSachse did place at Midland, but this will be a considerably deeper contest. Burleson was ahead of Rockwall at McKinney, but the gap was small. Southlake Carroll missed finals at Dallas by 0.6 points, and that contest was more stacked than this one will be.

This will be a very strong contest!

BC beat CH last week in Finals at McKinney. BC got 4th and CH got 7th…BC also won the percussion caption in finals for the show.

7 hours ago, texastrumpetdad said:

BC beat CH last week in Finals at McKinney. BC got 4th and CH got 7th…BC also won the percussion caption in finals for the show.

I think part of that had to be Colleyville having a rougher run. Colleyville did place higher in prelims through the tie-breaker. Nonetheless, they will both be finalists at Area!

With this comp a few days out, here are my final predictions. I could see the top 2 and 3-4 being changed, but here's what I'm going with 

1. Wakeland(V/GE) 

2. Westlake(M)

3. Waxahachie 

4. Westwood 

5. Southlake Carroll (Yes, last weekend didn't go as planned, but I have a feeling they will majorly bounce back here) 

6. Owasso 

7. Rockhill 

8. Wylie East 

9. Prosper 

10. Choctaw(just here based on what I've heard about them) 

11. Keller Central 

12. Sachse/Boswell 

23 minutes ago, DallasFan said:

1. Wakeland (M/V/GE)

2. Westlake

3. Waxahachie

4. Prosper

5. Owasso

6. Wylie East

7. Carroll

8. Rock Hill

9. Keller Central

10. Forney

11. Centennial

12. Heritage

What about Westwood? I feel like there is no way they don't make finals here. I don't know much about Choctaw but I heard they were barley behind Owasso at a comp last week, but I could see Forney, Centennial or Heritage over Sachse. 

What a stacked contest this is, there's so many groups that could make finals. The bubble here is absolutely massive, imo there's only 5 for sure locks, the rest could be literally anyone from this list

(in no order)

Locks: Wakeland, Westwood, Waxahachie, Westlake, Prosper

Probably/potentially finalists: Rock Hill, Wylie East, Rockwall, Sachse, JJ Pearce, LV Berkner, Keller Central, Burleson Centennial, Colleyville Heritage, Forney, Azle, Owasso, Carroll, Choctaw

All the way until 19th place you have potential finalists, this is gonna be a bloodbath lol

2 minutes ago, Origin said:

I think Prosper could do reallllly well here. They have the visual program that could give them the edge over the W schools. 

Their show is visually very challenging, this could buff them up at nats but I don't think it's clean enough rn