2022 BOA Waco (Oct. 29)

On 5/4/2022 at 9:06 AM, BaritoneBallah said:

I dont think Johnson or Waxahachie are going because of 6a area, and dont sleep on Argyle! They're are reigning 4A state champs!

Yes it’s hard with Argyle because this is their first BOA year, however with that being true and them joining the 5A powerhouses, both in UIL and BOA, there’s a pretty big difference between 4A and 5A, no matter who good you are, but they are Argyle, but I think right now, I have Lovejoy winning 2A, and visual/GE, and argyle winning Visual, and both in finals. 

and it looks like the 6A schools that have been said to come or Johnson, Rockhill, Waxahachie and KC

so new prediction: 

Leander

CP 

Rouse 

Henny

Mcallum 

Aledo 

CH

BC

Lovejoy 

Argyle 

Georgetown 

Richland 

53 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

I need to see more of Glenn. They keep flying under my radar!

Yeah, sadly with such a top heavy set of amazing bands, Glenn is just sitting in the back for right now. I do think however that they will get into that groove in a couple years and move on up and be up there with their fellow LISD band buddies.

11 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Yes it’s hard with Argyle because this is their first BOA year, however with that being true and them joining the 5A powerhouses, both in UIL and BOA, there’s a pretty big difference between 4A and 5A, no matter who good you are, but they are Argyle, but I think right now, I have Lovejoy winning 2A, and visual/GE, and argyle winning Visual, and both in finals. 

I really dont see it, I agree 4a is very different to 5A, that being said Lovejoy didn't even make it to state. They got 9th at Area B compared to Argyle being 8 time state  and reigning champions.

9 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

Yeah, sadly with such a top heavy set of amazing bands, Glenn is just sitting in the back for right now. I do think however that they will get into that groove in a couple years and move on up and be up there with their fellow LISD band buddies.

Definitely. They seem to be taking their time though, similar to Rouse.

12 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

I do think however that they will get into that groove in a couple years and move on up and be up there with their fellow LISD band buddies.

I agree with you because last year I really felt that way when watching them perform at the LISD Festival of Bands. I was like, “ok Glenn!  I see you!”

30 minutes ago, bingogooberman said:

according to the hornrank forums, looks like Vista Murrieta might come to this?? they have a BOA event location TBD on their calendar for this date and the only other regionals that day are New Jersey and Alabama...👀

I think he was joking but yes it would be awesome!

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2022 at 9:22 AM, BaritoneBallah said:

I really dont see it, I agree 4a is very different to 5A, that being said Lovejoy didn't even make it to state. They got 9th at Area B compared to Argyle being 8 time state  and reigning champions.

Okay I’ve done some more research to future support my case I’m bored lol! And I know that we fully rely on past contest, but Ik 2019, Argyle competed at the HEB marching contest. Now I know this is pretty early season, but they were beat by many 5A bands that Lovejoy was way over that year(Reedy,The Colony). And another example from last year that was a week I believe before 5A area week was the birdville marching contest. They competed against many 5A programs from Area F and 6A from area C. Some programs like Burleson, who didn’t make finals and Brewer, 9th at area F finals placed ahead of Argyle. Now i know this contest doesn’t use BOA scoring, but even at HEB where they do use it, they struggled it seemed. You can even look at the raw score of the bands who beet Argyle compares to Lovejoys at area finals, and you will see Lovejoys numbers are pretty significantly higher. And they literally competed with them in 2018 snd the Golden Triangle contest and won. Now last year was rough for Lovejoy, and obviously I did go there which plays an impact. But I honestly believe they can take 2A snd possibly make finals here. Good night, I have closed my case. 

9 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Okay I’ve done some more research to future support my case I’m bored lol! And I know that we fully rely on past contest, but Ik 2019, Argyle competed at the HEB marching contest. Now I know this is pretty early season, but they were beat by many 5A bands that Lovejoy was way over that year(Reedy,The Colony). And another example from last year that was a week I believe before 5A area week was the birdville marching contest. They competed against many 5A programs from Area F and 6A from area C. Some programs like Burleson, who didn’t make finals and Brewer, 9th at area F finals placed ahead of Argyle. Now i know this contest doesn’t use BOA scoring, but even at HEB where they do use it, they struggled it seemed. You can even look at the raw score of the bands who beet Argyle compares to Lovejoys at area finals, and you will see Lovejoys numbers are pretty significantly higher. And they literally competed with them in 2018 snd the Golden Triangle contest and won. Now last year was rough for Lovejoy, and obviously I did go there which plays an impact. But I honestly believe they can take 2A snd possibly make finals here. Good night, I have closed my case. 

okay. wow, i guess we'll have to wait and see :) 

10 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I will say Argyle is really good with adapting to new conferences, and I feel that with them moving into 5A, they will build up to be one of the top 5A groups in no time. Now I'm not saying it will happen since Princeton moved up in 2018 and they were a top 4A school and now are always at the bottom of the pack in Area. This will be an interesting event and I can't wait to see how they both do!

On 12/15/2021 at 3:12 PM, LeanderMomma said:

The 2022 Bands of America Waco Regional will be held on Saturday, October 29 at Baylor University. 

30 Confirmed bands as of 7/19/22:

A&M Consolidated H.S., TX (AAA)
Aledo H.S., TX (AAA)
Argyle H.S., TX (AA)
Bastrop H.S., TX (AA)
Birdville H.S., TX (AAA)
Blue Valley Southwest H.S., KS (AA)
Burleson Centennial H.S., TX (AAA)
Burleson H.S., TX (AA)
Cedar Park H.S., TX (AAA)
Colleyville Heritage H.S., TX (AAA)
Douglas MacArthur H.S., TX (AAA)
Frisco Memorial H.S., TX (AAA)
Georgetown H.S., TX (AAA)
Granbury H.S., TX (AAA)
Hendrickson H.S., TX (AAA)
Jack C. Hays H.S., TX (AAA)
Leander H.S., TX (AAA)
Liberal Arts and Science Academy, TX (AA)
Lovejoy H.S., TX (AA)
M.G. Johnson H.S., TX (AAA)
McCallum H.S., TX (AAA)
McKinney North H.S., TX (AAA)
Midlothian H.S., TX (AAA)
Pieper H.S., TX (AAA)
Richland H.S., TX (AAA)
Roma H.S., TX (AAA)
Rouse H.S., TX (AAA)
Sharyland H.S., TX (AA)
The Colony H.S., TX (AAA)
Waco H.S., TX (AAA)

30 confirmed bands and not a single one of them 4A?!  😍 What A Contest!

4 minutes ago, LeanderMomma said:

30 confirmed bands and not a single one of them 4A?!  😍 What A Contest!

Also, I’m confused about M&G Johnson’s BOA classification. I know it’s possible to be a 6A size school in UIL and still be just a 3A band in BOA (think Leander in ‘16 & ‘18), but is that the case for Johnson?  Just curious…

On 7/20/2022 at 6:26 PM, LeanderMomma said:

Also, I’m confused about M&G Johnson’s BOA classification. I know it’s possible to be a 6A size school in UIL and still be just a 3A band in BOA (think Leander in ‘16 & ‘18), but is that the case for Johnson?  Just curious…

M&G was 4A last year and the school is even bigger this year. Must be a typo

• 2 months later...