Andrews High School Band

On their way to a playoff game in Sweetwater, TX, the Andrews HS Band bus had an on-head collision with a car going the wrong direction down I-20. DPS has confirmed two fatalities, both the driver of the bus and the car. Two students are in critical but stable condition and being treated at the Scenic Mountain Medical Center in Big Springs, TX. The playoff game has been canceled and parents are picking their students up from the Big Spring ISD Athletic Training Center. All students have been accounted for as of the most recent updates. 

www.mrt.com/news/local/article/Andrew-s-ISD-school-bus-involved-in-head-on-in-16636383.php

I will update this post as more information becomes public.

I saw this earlier this evening, but was waiting until we got more information before posting. Unfortunately, DPS has now confirmed another adult on the bus has passed away, bringing the total to three. Just terrible, terrible stuff.

https://www.cbs7.com/2021/11/19/andrews-isd-bus-involved-major-accident-i-20/

If you are driving, both in general and with the long distances with playoffs, please, please be careful.

DPS has released the identities of those killed in the crash. It includes the driver of the truck, the driver of the bus and the Andrews head band director, Darin Johns. My heart breaks for the Andrews band.

https://www.newswest9.com/article/news/local/three-victims-identified-in-andrews-isd-bus-crash/513-5cd87078-39ca-4669-a98b-17a6bef99d98