2022 BOA San Antonio (Nov. 4 & 5)

3 minutes ago, Rubisco said:

Vista Ridge, with an amazingly energetic performance to close out the night, and after having to stand there waiting for the fireworks to stop. Professionalism! This is a show that I had a feeling would probably be a late-bloomer. There's just a lot going on at once, and so it takes some time for everything to click performance-wise. I think it came pretty darn close to clicking tonight. This is a show that thrills you, but also tickles your brain. The visual program is very Bluecoats, as has already been said a bunch. The last statement is so exciting musically, when they do that final forward push, with that super DCI-ish trumpet soloist. If there is one thing they should focus on for next year, I'd say it's guard recruiting, just creating a little bit better of a balance there in terms of numbers.

Agreed! Vista was incredible  i hope they will find away to recruit more guard. It is the only way to win BOA SA and even medal at GN. They are almost perfect just need some visual components. 

4 hours ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Alright time to make my live prediction list for finals placements. Will be updated as finals goes along. 

•Hebron

•Ronald Reagan 

•Flower Mound

•The Woodlands

•Vandegrift 

•CTJ

•Vista Ridge

- - - - -Top 7

•Marcus

•Coppell

•Keller

•Round Rock

•Cedar Park

•Cedar Ridge

•Pearland

Outstanding Music: Hebron

Outstanding Visual: Hebron

Outstanding General Effect: Hebron

Alright here are my final finals(haha) placement predictions. Will wait for the awards ceremony to see how accurate I was.

Edited by Dallas Hobbs

2 minutes ago, jetliner said:

Now I don't have data at my fingertips or anything, but I reckon 15 hours and 18 minutes is the largest time between performances on the same day? Hats off to Pecos!

I had not even considered this! What a loooonnnnnnnng day for them! But well done to our class 1A champs!

2 hours ago, Rubisco said:

That rifle toss was amazing!

Somewhere in Austin, there's a good Christian woman clutching her cross and hyperventilating, but I can't get enough of this Cedar Ridge show. Commitment to character, indeed! I love when the flute soloist in the opener stops playing, and then she kinda crouches down like some sort of creature herself. 😄

She also has a DVD of Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame for her grandkids and has no problem with the gargoyles in it. 🙄

1 minute ago, ReveriesOp24 said:

Fr that was crazy coming from

a band that just moved up to 5A from 4A

I know I saw them at their first contest and they struggled putting a decent sound on the field that was a decent volume. If they just get some more members and are able to keep getting better with show design they will be in finals for both UIL 5a and BOA SA one day soon. 

10 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I know I saw them at their first contest and they struggled putting a decent sound on the field that was a decent volume. If they just get some more members and are able to keep getting better with show design they will be in finals for both UIL 5a and BOA SA one day soon. 

They got state champs quite a few times for 4A, but they’ve been going hard lately

Just now, lost said:

So what’s the energy?

My energy is excited and for some reason nervous, even though my school isn't here lol! I'm hoping we get a San Antion Record and honestly, I want a BOA record, but I just hope everyone is happy with the results, would love some major changes between prelims and finals to spice things up! 

13 minutes ago, lost said:

It’s rare we see a UIL band make the leap to the BOA world with such commitment.

Amazing work from Argyle, great things to come and great things happening as we speak!

Argyle is on the western border of Marcus HS, the high school is in Flower Mound town limits. Argyle ISD (and HS) is a growing community.

4 hours ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Alright time to make my live prediction list for finals placements. Will be updated as finals goes along. 

•Hebron

•Ronald Reagan 

•Flower Mound

•The Woodlands

•Vandegrift 

•CTJ

•Marcus

- - - - -Top 7

•Vista Ridge

•Coppell

•Keller

•Round Rock

•Cedar Park

•Cedar Ridge

•Pearland

Outstanding Music: Hebron

Outstanding Visual: Hebron

Outstanding General Effect: Hebron

Update: decided to switch Marcus and Vista Ridge. Now will wait for awards ceremony