2022 BOA San Antonio (Nov. 4 & 5)

1 minute ago, lost said:

2017-Somewhat even
2018 - SA more competitive 

2019 - GN more competitive 

2021 - GN more competitive

2022 - SA more competitive

It seems to fluctuate, and I may get yelled at.

2017, 2019, and 2021 get assisted by quite a few Texas bands making the trip ofc, I’d generally say out of the last  several editions of each, SA is still tougher and more competitive

1 minute ago, Origin said:

Yessssss Round Rock low brass. Thought they were really strong visually too. I don’t think I fully understand the perspective of the show, but there’s something about it that I find so intriguing. I hope they bring this kind of energy to Nats next year (assuming they go). 

Oh, yes. The low brass was EPIC. Holy cow! The drill design I thought was very graceful. I'm also wondering what all these globe set pieces are made out of. 😄

4 minutes ago, lost said:

2017-Somewhat even
2018 - SA more competitive 

2019 - GN more competitive 

2021 - GN more competitive

2022 - SA more competitive

It seems to fluctuate, and I may get yelled at.

2019 - Six bands in SA finals went to GN.  Five of them placed better in Indy than in SA, one worse.

Gotta disagree.

8 minutes ago, Samuel Culper said:

2019 - Six bands in SA finals went to GN.  Five of them placed better in Indy than in SA, one worse.

Gotta disagree.

I’d say that GN is assisted and made more competitive by Texas bands for sure.

I think it speaks a little bit more to their cleaning, but it’s not like there’s a clean clear answer, totally up to interpretation!

There was enough energy in that CTJ performance to power like 5 Alamodomes. Wow! I am so, so impressed by what this group tackles year after year. Is there another band that has so consistently over the last decade or so done shows with this much demand, especially visual demand? It's crazy!

CTJ with an insane amount of visual and musical demand as usual, but they executed it very well. Not my favorite show I've ever seen from them, but I enjoy listening to their incredible brass section, especially in the closer where they really shine. Visually they're always excellent, even with the difficulty of drill they put on the field. Another fantastic show from them!

2 hours ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Alright time to make my live prediction list for finals placements. Will be updated as finals goes along. 

•CTJ

- - - - -Top 7

•Marcus

•Coppell

•Keller

•Round Rock

•Cedar Park

•Cedar Ridge

•Pearland

Outstanding Music: 

Outstanding Visual: 

Outstanding General Effect: 

After watching CTJ it was time to update this😭😩

I love the stormy sounding preshow in Flower Mound before they burst out of the box. The music is similarly stormy at first, but moves briskly to and from the heroic. Lots of conflict followed by heroic resolution. There's something very comfy about this show, which is not necessarily a bad thing. It reminds me of some of the best late 90s and early 00s programs -- of course the PCEP programs are the first that come to mind. Flower Mound has the same designers. It almost makes me nostalgic. I also absolutely adore the comic strip set pieces. Inserting your band into the comic book world is such a clever idea. Great, great performance as well. "With great power comes great responsibility!"

Flower Mound really knows how to theme with their productions. Superband was something I wasn't into very much when I first saw it, but over this season I've grown to really like this show. Musically there is some difficult articulation and runs that they pull off flawlessly, and visually they're just super clean. Love the box sets at the end converging into a single curve across the entire field and building into that epic ending!