2022 BOA San Antonio (Nov. 4 & 5)

5 minutes ago, FloMoLow2020 said:

After todays absolutely spectacular performances im not sure about vistas chances at finals, while the show has an amazing design there was a lack of execution, with some impressive volume but paired with unbearable tone quality. along with a spectacular show from cedar ridge and an upcoming underdog band Westlake, just wow they are achieving at unseen unexpected levels. Im extremely excited to see the shows put on by Hebron and FloMo, always spectacular, and a bit of a hot take we may see Round Rock in top half tomorrow with a astonishing performance.

Can't tell if your a vista hater or what, but they sounded INCREDIBLE and executed BEYOND well, and they will be in finals. 

10 minutes ago, FloMoLow2020 said:

After todays absolutely spectacular performances im not sure about vistas chances at finals, while the show has an amazing design there was a lack of execution, with some impressive volume but paired with unbearable tone quality. along with a spectacular show from cedar ridge and an upcoming underdog band Westlake, just wow they are achieving at unseen unexpected levels. Im extremely excited to see the shows put on by Hebron and FloMo, always spectacular, and a bit of a hot take we may see Round Rock in top half tomorrow with a astonishing performance.

I feel like Vista is solidly in the finals.  I think Westlake has a decent shot (similar to Rouse, Hendrickson, maybe Leander).  I think the top 10-11 are pretty predictable.  

2 minutes ago, DaRen said:

How are panels decided? And how do you know which bands are in which panels? 

Panels are posted alongside the schedule, not sure which page someone can direct you to them.

BOA does their best to sort them based on past success and randomness, lots of talk about them being “uneven” but it’s just talk that happens every year.

They alternate between block, with the occasional one off depending on scheduling hiccups.

Just now, Coolhornplayer said:

I wasn’t able to really watch (marching and everything) , but any new finals predictions with the new info?

I think everything’s about the same with people spelling more confidence for Leander and Keller, and a little less for Hendrickson and Rouse although all are still in very good contention and had wonderful shows.

4 minutes ago, DaRen said:

How are panels decided? And how do you know which bands are in which panels? 

They are by time slot and are already determined. There are 2 panels each panel will grade bands and the top 5 in each will be in finals followed by the next 4  Regardless of panel. This allows judges the ability to judge fairly as their are to many bands to judge in one panel with the hope it will avoid some anomalies. 

So now that everyone is did, and amazing job to CTJ Keller and Flomo btw, here's my final list for the night 

CTJ 

Reagan 

Vandegrift 

Flower Mound 

Vista Ridge 

Cedar Ridge

Cedar Park 

Round Rock 

Westlake 

Rouse 

Hendrickson 

Timber Creek