2022 BOA San Antonio (Nov. 4 & 5)

10 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

I would put Rouse higher, but after how they did at Waco, especially those visual scores, I'm not betting too much on them making finals. Of course, I'd love for them to again but of course it's a complete different run but hoping nothing but the best for them. 

I’d say people are putting too much weight on those Waco visual scores. They weren’t super high, but they’ve cleaned it up.

I’d judge Rouse only on their performance tonight than some scores a week ago.

Sorry if this comes off a bit crabby, but I’ve seen a surprising amount of people counting them out because of their Waco visual scores (in which they still scored nicely in VGE)

1 minute ago, lost said:

I’d say people are putting too much weight on those Waco visual scores. They weren’t super high, but they’ve cleaned it up.

I’d judge Rouse only on their performance tonight than some scores a week ago.

Sorry if this comes off a bit crabby, but I’ve seen a surprising amount of people counting them out because of their Waco visual scores (in which they still scored nicely in VGE)

No I completely get what you're saying. Its not fair not judge to much of a performance that was a week ago, and if they cleaned up, then they should be all good and have a great shot at finals! 

Just now, LostChoirGuy said:

Their first big hit is AWESOME but my question is if it actually counts, since it came before the announcement was finished?  I mean the judges are likely affected by preshow stuff anyways, but it technically shouldn't go towards their score, right?

Idk, I think the judges know! Like, it may not technically supposed to, but it was pretty much starting right when the announcer finished. 

2 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

CTJ: WHAT A SHOW!!!! The best of the night imo!!! That preshow is so cool!!! Their brass has some extremely difficult passages, and they made them look so easy!!! I mean wow, just wow! Serious medalist potential right there! 

Agreed. Their content and execution are undeniable.

def the most contemporary and DCI-ish show of the day from CTJ, along w/ Vista. just a huge bucket of freewheeling fun. suuuper duper challenging show. mad props for tackling this beast. i did notice a lot of out of step kids right away and it was persistent, they were also, like, nearly running tho, so it'll interesting to see how the judges balance the demand vs execution.

Man, that is a tough show from CTJ. The production's not as high profile as some of their past ones, but the difficulty is still off the charts. There is still some visual dirt because of it, but I give them a pass just because of the sheer demand. Musically they were just as brilliant as ever, with some excellent sounds from the brass and a great ending too. Very close between them, Vandegrift, and Reagan for the best show of the night so far.

After todays absolutely spectacular performances im not sure about vistas chances at finals, while the show has an amazing design there was a lack of execution, with some impressive volume but paired with unbearable tone quality. along with a spectacular show from cedar ridge and an upcoming underdog band Westlake, just wow they are achieving at unseen unexpected levels. Im extremely excited to see the shows put on by Hebron and FloMo, always spectacular, and a bit of a hot take we may see Round Rock in top half tomorrow with a astonishing performance.