2022 BOA San Antonio (Nov. 4 & 5)

Leander: Their best run for sure! defiantly has a really solid shot at finals, just not a GE heavy show, but incredible musically and visually!!! This show has improved so much, and it's kind of growing on me 

Keller Central: WOW OH WOW OH WOW!!!!! How did this not make state??? I can see why they were 3rd in prelims, but area B is just so tuff. Honestly, imo, in contention for finals! they play with such great balance and control. but if it's their last run, they should be super proud! The best KC we have ever had!!! Congratulations guys!!! 

4 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Leander: Their best run for sure! defiantly has a really solid shot at finals, just not a GE heavy show, but incredible musically and visually!!! This show has improved so much, and it's kind of growing on me 

Keller Central: WOW OH WOW OH WOW!!!!! How did this not make state??? I can see why they were 3rd in prelims, but area B is just so tuff. Honestly, imo, in contention for finals! they play with such great balance and control. but if it's their last run, they should be super proud! The best KC we have ever had!!! Congratulations guys!!! 

That would be so great for Keller Central to make finals here after what happened at Area! Go KC! 

11 minutes ago, FaultLineBlues said:

WOW! That was my first time catching Keller Central in person and they were stellar! Mellos were going insane. 

Maybe it's just me, but I find that to be a potential finalist contender. 

They were definitely a group that caught me off guard when I saw them in Area B prelims, expecting more of a subdued tameness to their sound, but nope, their mellos also made me feel back in my seat more than a few times!! I always love an explosive mello section haha

Regan: Yall, idk, this may be a contender for second place!!! They play with such dynamics, have plenty of solo, ensemble and full band moments, and boy can they play!!! Not at all surprised they won their area!!! This show has cleaned up so much from Houston, and could be place really high tomorrow night, especially if they have this type of run again! And that guard is fantastic as always! I mean wow!!! Already way ahead of where they were last year!! Probably my second favorite show of theirs's behind 2019 

This block really started off with a bang! Leander was the best they'd sounded all season, and even if the show design isn't as strong as we're used to seeing from them, they still performed it very well. Keller Central was a pleasant surprise too! Loved hearing such powerful sounds from them after going sort of under the radar compared to the other Keller ISD bands.

As for Reagan, that was another outstanding performance. Visually I think it may have been the best of the night, although it's close between them and Vandegrift. I think their color guard/dance team really accentuated their visual proficiencies, and their forms were very clean as they're always known for. Musically I liked that they had a lot more dynamic contrast compared to a lot of the other top groups, with some very notably soft and subtle moments before the big bombastic sounds we're used to seeing from Texas bands. They might be just behind Vandegrift for me tonight but I can see them coming out on top tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, TenorSaxMan16 said:

I know we still have CTJ and FloMo but what are y’all’s rankings of the bands so far?

For me, and I'm doing the bands I think have a shot of finals. I wasn't able to see Bowie so I don't have them here but I'm guessing somewhere in the middle 

Reagan (Sorry not Sorry) 

Vandegrift 

Vista 

Cedar Ridge

Cedar Park 

Round Rock 

Westlake 

Rouse 

Hendrickson 

Leander 

Keller Central 

Dripping Springs 

Westwood 

Lake Travis 

3 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

For me, and I'm doing the bands I think have a shot of finals. I wasn't able to see Bowie so I don't have them here but I'm guessing somewhere in the middle 

Regan (Sorry not Sorry) 

Vandergrift 

Vista 

Cedar Ridge

Cedar Park 

Round Rock 

Westlake 

Rouse 

Hendrickson 

Leander 

Keller Central 

Dripping Springs 

Westwood 

Lake Travis 

Pretty much my list with Rouse a little higher

Just now, Band2021 said:

Pretty much my list with Rouse a little higher

I would put Rouse higher, but after how they did at Waco, especially those visual scores, I'm not betting too much on them making finals. Of course, I'd love for them to again but of course it's a complete different run but hoping nothing but the best for them. 

15 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Reagan (Sorry not Sorry) 

Vandegrift 

Vista 

Cedar Ridge

Cedar Park 

Round Rock 

Westlake 

Rouse 

Hendrickson 

Leander 

Keller Central 

Dripping Springs 

Westwood 

Lake Travis 

This is same as my list except I have Westlake and Hendrickson flipped from your list.