2022 BOA San Antonio (Nov. 4 & 5)

16 hours ago, Hard Core Band Fan said:

I saw them and every other band  at that competition and thought both scored where they should have. Like them both, as well, but thought they were scored appropriately. 

Respectfully disagree. I saw three of the other bands that did qualify for finals that most certainly didn't do better than at least Cedar Ridge. 

There was quite the hoopla here on TX bands when it happened.

2 hours ago, BandFan95 said:

Respectfully disagree. I saw three of the other bands that did qualify for finals that most certainly didn't do better than at least Cedar Ridge. 

You should unnecessarily spiteful to other groups. Smile and be happy for the bands that make finals, continue to support and push the bands who didn’t forwards.

No need for this “These bands didn’t deserve to make it” talk. Contrary to what you’re saying it not only does little to uplift the band you think should’ve made it in, but it also hurts the bands who did.

I’m very tired of seeing this.

2 hours ago, BandFan95 said:

So "hoopla" in the forums from people who don't know the difference makes it a fact? What training or advanced knowledge do you have that the judges obviously did not have? Liking one band over another band does not make their score higher. There is a technical reason that a band receives the score that they do. Maybe you should leave this to the experts.

40 minutes ago, lost said:

You should unnecessarily spiteful to other groups. Smile and be happy for the bands that make finals, continue to support and push the bands who didn’t forwards.

No need for this “These bands didn’t deserve to make it” talk. Contrary to what you’re saying it not only does little to uplift the band you think should’ve made it in, but it also hurts the bands who did.

I’m very tired of seeing this.

I wasn't being spiteful.  Spiteful would be me saying, "such and such band sucks and they don't deserve success." I didn't say that. In fact, you don't know what other bands I might have been referring to.

Weren't you the one who unnecessarily called out Westwood in the Area D thread? So if me saying that Cedar Ridge deserved something over others in a year where there show was so freaking amazing is bad, then maybe you should take a nice look in the mirror because you did exactly the same, if not, worse. 

If we can't disagree about opinions, which is what all of us have, and most certainly, what the judges have, what's the point of discussing? 

36 minutes ago, Hard Core Band Fan said:

So "hoopla" in the forums from people who don't know the difference makes it a fact? What training or advanced knowledge do you have that the judges obviously did not have? Liking one band over another band does not make their score higher. There is a technical reason that a band receives the score that they do. Maybe you should leave this to the experts.

Maybe I am an expert? 🤪

Talk about chippy. God forbid not everyone sees eye to eye

3 hours ago, BandFan95 said:

I wasn't being spiteful.  Spiteful would be me saying, "such and such band sucks and they don't deserve success." I didn't say that. In fact, you don't know what other bands I might have been referring to.

Weren't you the one who unnecessarily called out Westwood in the Area D thread? So if me saying that Cedar Ridge deserved something over others in a year where there show was so freaking amazing is bad, then maybe you should take a nice look in the mirror because you did exactly the same, if not, worse. 

If we can't disagree about opinions, which is what all of us have, and most certainly, what the judges have, what's the point of discussing? 

You did say that though.

I appreciate you mischaracterizing my comments and resorting to calling me “worse”, I do believe that reflects more on yourself than me.

I’ll keep that we shouldn’t be putting down bands by saying “these two should’ve been in over other groups” especially when they all equally worked hard.

Keep supporting, keep clapping, no need to be spiteful. They’re all fun shows regardless of cleanliness let’s just keep having fun. Stating your opinion as fact does not change results.

On 10/31/2022 at 4:25 PM, BandFan95 said:

I saw two. 2019. Cedar Ridge and Westwood. They got screwed over by performing early for panel 2. 

they hit us with a .1 score difference from a different panel💀 didn’t help that we were the first band in panel 2 to go either. should’ve been better that day😔

On 11/16/2021 at 6:07 PM, LeanderMomma said:

The 2022 Bands of America San Antonio Super Regional will be held November 4th & 5th, 2022 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. 

Here’s the new Friday schedule as of 11/1/22 with the competition now starting with Georgetown at 9:15 am and McCallum added where the 2:00 break was supposed to be. Also, Veterans Memorial and Hendrickson traded time slots and panels. VM is now at 5 and Henny at 5:30 after the break. 

FRIDAY

Panel 1
9:15 - Georgetown H.S., TX
9:30 - W. Charles Akins H.S., TX
9:45 - Mission Veterans Memorial H.S., TX
10:00 - Tom Glenn H.S., TX
10:15 - Pflugerville H.S., TX
10:30 - James Bowie H.S., TX

BREAK

Panel 2
11:00 - United H.S., TX
11:15 - Troy H.S., TX
11:30 - Smithson Valley H.S., TX
11:45 - New Braunfels H.S., TX
12:00 - Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
12:15 - Dripping Springs H.S., TX
12:30 - James E. Taylor H.S., TX
12:45 - John B. Alexander H.S., TX
1:00 - Byron P. Steele II H.S., TX
1:15 - Rio Grande City H.S., TX
1:30 - Vista Ridge H.S., TX
1:45 - Westlake H.S., TX

Panel 1
2:00 - McCallum H.S., TX
2:15 - Waller H.S., TX
2:30 - Anderson H.S., TX
2:45 - Jack C. Hays H.S., TX
3:00 - Round Rock H.S., TX
3:15 - Lake Travis H.S., TX
3:30 - Foster H.S., TX
3:45 - Douglas MacArthur H.S., TX
4:00 - Liberal Arts and Science Academy, TX
4:15 - Legacy of Educational Excellence H.S., TX
4:30 - Sandra Day O'Connor H.S., TX
4:45 - Churchill Fulshear H.S., TX
5:00 - Veterans Memorial H.S., TX

BREAK

Panel 2
5:30 - Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
5:45 - Cedar Park H.S., TX
6:00 - Westwood H.S., TX
6:15 - Louis D. Brandeis H.S., TX
6:30 - Rouse H.S., TX
6:45 - Jourdanton H.S., TX
7:00 - McNeil H.S., TX
7:15 - Winston Churchill H.S., TX
7:30 - Vandegrift H.S., TX
7:45 - Hidalgo Early College H.S., TX

BREAK

Panel 1
8:15 - Leander H.S., TX
8:30 - Keller Central H.S., TX
8:45 - Ronald Reagan H.S., TX
9:00 - Odem H.S., TX
9:15 - Timber Creek H.S., TX
9:30 - Magnolia H.S., TX
9:45 - Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
10:00 - A&M Consolidated H.S., TX
10:15 - Keller H.S., TX
10:30 - Flower Mound H.S., TX
SATURDAY

Panel 2
7:00a - Pecos
7:15a - Oak Ridge
7:30a - McCallum
7:45a - L.D. Bell
8:00a - Clear Creek
8:15a - Seven Lakes
8:30a - College Station
8:45a - Lubbock-Cooper
9:00a - Dawson
9:15a - Whitesboro
9:30a - Coppell

Panel 1
10:00a - Clear Springs
10:15a - Del Rio
10:30a - Pearland
10:45a - Cypress Woods
11:00a - Argyle
11:15a - Cy-Fair
11:30a - Friendswood
11:45a - Forney
12:00p - Sachse
12:15p - Burleson
12:30p - Marcus
12:45p - College Park

Panel 2
1:15p - Hebron
1:30p - Rock Hill
1:45p - Klein Oak
2:00p - Wylie
2:15p - Azle
2:30p - The Woodlands
2:45p - Highland Park
3:00p - Wylie East
3:15p - Waxahachie

3:30p - Exhibition - UT Austin

I just revised the schedule in the original post to include the new changes made by BOA to Friday’s schedule. 

12 hours ago, pta said:

they hit us with a .1 score difference from a different panel💀 didn’t help that we were the first band in panel 2 to go either. should’ve been better that day😔

Y'all were fabulous.

Let's be real. If I were a judge in that panel, naturally I would reserve some points as to not blow it all in one shot because I'm judging 50 more bands!  It was heartbreaking for you guys, much like Austin that year was heartbreaking for Hendrickson and Round Rock. 

Okay I want to also put my thoughts here as it seems everyone else is! also, there’s a possibility that I’m able to go for Friday night prelims and all the comp on Saturday. But anyways, like almost if not everyone, Hebron will once again sweep. I think the top of finals will be 

Hebron 

Flomo 

Vandy 

CR 

CTJ 

Regan 

Vista???

my other finalist are Marcus, Woodlands, CP. 

the last 4 could be so many bands, and I don’t know how but it’s a ton snd y’all know who! 

36 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Okay I want to also put my thoughts here as it seems everyone else is! also, there’s a possibility that I’m able to go for Friday night prelims and all the comp on Saturday. But anyways, like almost if not everyone, Hebron will once again sweep. I think the top of finals will be 

Hebron 

Flomo 

Vandy 

CR 

CTJ 

Regan 

Vista???

my other finalist are Marcus, Woodlands, CP. 

the last 4 could be so many bands, and I don’t know how but it’s a ton snd y’all know who! 

I agree with you. I am also a big fan of Coppell’s show. I know some have said it’s not their favorite, but I just love it. I think they really deliver across the board. Of course I’ll also be cheering for my hometown Highlander Band to have a good run as well…just happy to be there! :) 

39 minutes ago, VinoGirl said:

I agree with you. I am also a big fan of Coppell’s show. I know some have said it’s not their favorite, but I just love it. I think they really deliver across the board. Of course I’ll also be cheering for my hometown Highlander Band to have a good run as well…just happy to be there! :) 

Oh yeah forgot about Coppell I’d probably have them in my locks but everyone is so good I just don’t know at this point! But good luck to the Highlander bands this weekend! 

So let's do the hypothetical guessing game challenge. 

I know it changes year to year and is random based on judges, but:

What does everyone think the high prelims score will be? I think it will be 92.5

and What is the score that the 14th band will have to hit to make finals?  I think 88 this year given the quality of competition.

On 7/23/2022 at 4:27 PM, packwick said:

82 bands, that's crazy. especially w/o a semifinals. stressful, stressful, stressful judging experience.

i could see Hebron taking home their second Armadillo in a row. CTJ and Flower Mound are also in a good position with all the director changes to take their 3rd or 4th Armies.

yes, i'm trying to get us to crowdfund a ridiculous armadillo trophy that gets passed around like the Grand Nats Eagle. ppl keep comparing this contest to Nats. well where the heck is our trophy then? c'mon TXBands!

What about a roadrunner lol
to match the utsa logo on the field

1 hour ago, spacewill said:

So let's do the hypothetical guessing game challenge. 

I know it changes year to year and is random based on judges, but:

What does everyone think the high prelims score will be? I think it will be 92.5

and What is the score that the 14th band will have to hit to make finals?  I think 88 this year given the quality of competition.

Given the scoring trends of the last 5 years this is actually pretty low. Top score in prelims is always lower than in finals so I'm thinking somewhere between a 93.5 and a 95.00. As far as what score it would take to get into finals I'm thinking this will be similar to 2017 where a band needed to break 90 to get in, it's THAT competitive this year IMO.