2022 BOA San Antonio (Nov. 4 & 5)

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, LeanderMomma said:

No, they never sell out. I always wait until I arrive at the Alamodome Friday morning to buy my GA tickets in order to save those ridiculous Ticket Master fees. 

And the best thing to do through prelims is seat hop as people move from the prime center seats… just move on over from the 10-30 yard lines that are available if you don’t make it at door opening- towards to the center ones you want for the final block.  Lol.  :) 

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, crunchycookie3 said:

I think we are on track to see the most competitive BOA event to date here this year!

I see 10 locks where it would be VERY strange to see any one of these groups outside of finals this year:

Cedar Park

Cedar Ridge

CTJ

Flomo

Hebron

Marcus

Reagan

TWHS

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

That leaves 4 final spots for grabs between Coppell, Cy-Fair, Foster, Friendswood, Bowie, Keller, LD Bell, Leander, Lake Travis, Pearland, Hendrickson, Round Rock, Rouse, Seven Lakes, Timber Creek, Waxahachie, Westlake, Westwood, and Wylie East. Good lord! I think we’ll see groups placing around 30th that would be top- half super regional finalists in STL and Indy.

Wow its gonna be craaaaazy!!! If I had to guess I'd say Rouse, Coppell, Round Rock, and Cy fair are looking best to get those last 4 spots but I would keep a eye out for Leander and Keller!!!

On 10/3/2022 at 1:03 PM, crunchycookie3 said:

I think we are on track to see the most competitive BOA event to date here this year!

I see 10 locks where it would be VERY strange to see any one of these groups outside of finals this year:

Cedar Park

Cedar Ridge

CTJ

Flomo

Hebron

Marcus

Reagan

TWHS

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

That leaves 4 final spots for grabs between Coppell, Cy-Fair, Foster, Friendswood, Bowie, Keller, LD Bell, Leander, Lake Travis, Pearland, Hendrickson, Round Rock, Rouse, Seven Lakes, Timber Creek, Waxahachie, Westlake, Westwood, and Wylie East. Good lord! I think we’ll see groups placing around 30th that would be top- half super regional finalists in STL and Indy.

Idk if I could really decide on “locks” this early in the season. Especially since many bands haven’t even competed at a BOA event yet.

Cedar Park

Cedar Ridge

CTJ

Flomo

Hebron

Marcus

Reagan

TWHS

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

Go ahead and throw Wakeland into the discussion.

Cedar Park

Cedar Ridge

CTJ

Flomo

Hebron

Marcus

Reagan

TWHS

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

Evidence once again that BOA San Antonio is still the deepest contest in the country. I think it was 2017 when Avon came and placed 4th, which was their lowest ever finish at any contest in the 2010s. 

Cedar Park

Cedar Ridge

CTJ

Flomo

Hebron

Marcus

Reagan

TWHS

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

After tonight, I’m going with Coppell, Bell, Cy-Fair, and Round Rock. We’ll have to see!

Cedar Park

Cedar Ridge

CTJ

Flomo

Hebron

Marcus

Reagan

TWHS

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

Given what I have heard from Houston and Austin, as well as what I saw last night in DFW, my picks are Coppell, Rouse, Round Rock, and Keller (if they can clean up the drill and the design, they won't have much trouble topping Bell imo)

I would have Cy-Fair in as well, and I don't think it's just my Houston bias. The design is there relative to the rest of the bubble. 2.55 points down from the top at the very competitive West Houston regional and 2.9 points down at the North Houston regional. That's impressive, along with snagging two top 3 GE placements at West Houston finals.

I feel like Coppell and Round Rock will be in here as well. Some nice numbers for Round Rock this past weekend. 2nd in visual GE, I think. Lee Carlson was judging.

Still a ways to go before this one but if I had to predict the finalist bands I'd probably go with (in no particular order):

1. Hebron
  2. Vandegrift
  3. Flower Mound
  4. Ronald Reagan
  5. Claudia Taylor Johnson
  6. Cedar Ridge
  7. Marcus
  8. The Woodlands
  9. Cedar Park
  10. Vista Ridge
  11. Coppell
  12. Cy-Fair
  13. Round Rock
  14. Rouse

Still over three weeks to go, so we could still see a lot of movement in the bubble which is massive right now.

29 minutes ago, BandFan59 said:

Still a ways to go before this one but if I had to predict the finalist bands I'd probably go with (in no particular order):

1. Hebron
  2. Vandegrift
  3. Flower Mound
  4. Ronald Reagan
  5. Claudia Taylor Johnson
  6. Cedar Ridge
  7. Marcus
  8. The Woodlands
  9. Cedar Park
  10. Vista Ridge
  11. Coppell
  12. Cy-Fair
  13. Round Rock
  14. Rouse

Still over three weeks to go, so we could still see a lot of movement in the bubble which is massive right now.

It might be because of how much I like CR, but I think they stay ahead of CTJ at San Antonio. Something about them this year is just so phenomenal!

I added the schedule to the original post for ease of access but here you go!

FRIDAY

Panel 1
9:00a - Medina Valley
9:15a - Georgetown
9:30a - W. Charles Akins
9:45a - Mission Veterans Memorial
10:00a - Glenn
10:15a - Pflugerville
10:30a - James Bowie

Panel 2
11:00a - United
11:15a - Troy