2022 BOA Grand Nationals (Nov. 10 - 12)

1 minute ago, packwick said:

well i saw this Carmel win coming from a mile away. hahaha. no need to be modest. but it is a suuuuper boring result.

Carmel is the only band at Nats that would have challenged for the top 3 at San Antonio imo

I'm glad to see Tarpon Springs in the Top 5! I think I had called for Carmel in the beginning, but had switched them and Avon after so many times that Avon HS had won. 

1 hour ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Alright here are my finals placements and caption award predictions: 

1. Carmel
  2. William Mason
  3. Avon
  4. Tarpon Springs
  5. Broken Arrow
  6. Dobyns-Bennett
  7. Castle
  8. Prosper
  9. Fishers
  10. Southlake Carroll
  11. Brownsburg
  12. Hendrickson

Outstanding Music Performance: Carmel

Outstanding Visual Performance: Carmel

Outstanding General Effect: William Mason

1. Carmel
  2. William Mason (-2)
  3. Avon (+1) 
  4. Tarpon Springs (-1)
  5. Broken Arrow (+2)
  6. Dobyns-Bennett
  7. Castle (-6)
  8. Prosper (-3)
  9. Fishers (-1)
  10. Southlake Carroll (+3)
  11. Brownsburg (+3)
  12. Hendrickson (+3) 

Outstanding Music Performance: Carmel

Outstanding Visual Performance: Carmel

Outstanding General Effect: William Mason (Carmel)

Someday I’ll get this down 🤣😩

1 minute ago, Origin said:

Congrats Carmel!!!

Crazy that Southlake Carroll finished 7th here which is the same placement they got in area finals. A testament to their ability to clean and the depth of competition in Texas. 

Its amazing that two bands who missed in a tie-breaker to go to State this year got into Finals at GN! Glad to see #teamtexas being represented well!!

4 minutes ago, packwick said:

well i saw this Carmel win coming from a mile away. hahaha. no need to be modest. but it is a suuuuper boring result.

Carmel is the only band at Nats that would have challenged for the top 3 at San Antonio imo

I had Avon down in my predictions to win, but I did have a feeling that Carmel would pull it out. I liked their show a lot better this year than I normally do with their shows, and they always seem to make that late season push nowadays.

That said, if they had come to San Antonio, I think Hebron, the Woodlands, and Reagan would have all topped Carmel.

5 minutes ago, Origin said:

Congrats Carmel!!!

Crazy that Southlake Carroll finished 7th here which is the same placement they got in area finals. A testament to their ability to clean and the depth of competition in Texas. 

All they needed was two weeks of no competitions and more focused cleaning. Same with Prosper, congrats to all the bands that made finals, and congrats to Carmel for the win!