2022 BOA Grand Nationals (Nov. 10 - 12)

5 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Congrats to those bands!!!! But how much does this support the true depth of Texas Marching Band talent when 3 great bands who would be in the mid level results in a Texas regional, probably would not have made finals in SA Super Regional, but are finalists at GN!!!!!

Wish our best could go more often but just too costly and schedule is killer when UIL state goes to yearly in 2023.

Hendrickson missed SA finals (25th place) but managed to finesse that Grand Nats finals spot. CHOO CHOO🚂 🤣

Also my goodness! 11 places away from SA finals but 3rd place in class 3A and a finalist at Grand Nats? Texas is brutal 🥵 

Edited by Dallas Hobbs

Also yay for Dobyns-Bennett to be in top half again since 2017 finals. The first time I’ve ever watched them was their 2016 show when they made finals for the first time and I’ve admired them ever since! 

Also in 2017 they crossed the bottom half/top half split (9th in semis to 6th in finals) and with these groups maybe this can happen again?

15 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Also yay for Dobyns-Bennett to be in top half again since 2017 finals. The first time I’ve ever watched them was their 2016 show when they made finals for the first time and I’ve admired them ever since! 

Also in 2017 they crossed the bottom half/top half split (9th in semis to 6th in finals) and with these groups maybe this can happen again?

DB may have my favorite show of the ones I watched today.  So entertaining and so well done!!!!

29 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Hendrickson missed SA finals (25th place) but managed to finesse that Grand Nats finals spot. CHOO CHOO🚂 🤣

Also my goodness! 11 places away from SA finals but 3rd place in class 3A and a finalist at Grand Nats? Texas is brutal 🥵 

Brutal may be the biggest understatement of the year!!! 🙂 It's a miracle to just make finals in some of the competitions anymore!!!!! And many of the bands making finals are less than 10 years old and more are popping up...holy #$@! it's just gonna get worse in Texas!!!!  Which is code for it's just gonna be amazing to see sooooo many more quality bands and competitions!

31 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Super duper brutal. I know it'll never happen, but I wanna see a GN Finals with all TX bands lol.... Oh wait, that's just called BOA San Antonio. 

I just about fell outta my chair when they announced Castle in finals cuz it left me with a glimmer of hope that Hendrickson would make it in!

2 hours ago, MikeKyu said:

It's great to see Henny, SLC, and Prosper all make finals. 

I believe that Johnson was harmed by their placement behind Broken Arrow and Avon.

This is going to be a nail biting finals. 

I don’t really believe this to be the case all too much, usually if you’re able to hold your own against the giants, I believe, the judges give you credit and don’t bury you in the scores Many were predicting M&G to be a top 8 or so finalist. I would say that would be holding their own in the scores, I don’t believe they dropped to much as a result of being alongside those two groups, it could’ve boosted them as much as harmed them imo. Although my personal thoughts of M&G going into finals from what I was able to see previously were more of a “meh it’s alright” kind of feeling so it wouldn’t have been unexpected in my mind to think they could miss out

2 hours ago, spacewill said:

Brutal may be the biggest understatement of the year!!! 🙂 It's a miracle to just make finals in some of the competitions anymore!!!!! And many of the bands making finals are less than 10 years old and more are popping up...holy #$@! it's just gonna get worse in Texas!!!!  Which is code for it's just gonna be amazing to see sooooo many more quality bands and competitions!

SLC missed finals at BOA DFW and people immediately dropped them down a few pegs as opposed to simply waiting and seeing how they could develop as the season progressed, same with Hendrickson at BOA Austin(although they didn’t miss finals there). Every Texas band that attended grand nats took the “it’s a marathon, not a sprint” philosophy to heart here this season and it paid off for all of them, I’m sure M&G weren’t too far out from finals either, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Prosper was just beautiful! When I first saw them on the HEB contest livestream, I had faith they would make finals here.

Every time I see Hendrickson they just have the best energy. You can see how much they believe in their band and their show. Henny train!!!

This is the second year in a row that Southlake Carroll has peaked at the last possible second to secure one final performance. From 13th at DFW and state alternate to top 12 here! 

Amazing showing in finals for Team Texas!!!

Tried watching tonight's stream on my phone when I was away and on my laptop when I got home. Stream is truly horrible, the worst stream I've ever experienced. Horrible video quality, video freezing every few minutes. Also freezes when I try to full-screen so I can only watch in a tiny little box. Just so disappointing.