2022 BOA Grand Nationals (Nov. 10 - 12)

20 minutes ago, Dallas Hobbs said:

Didn’t broken arrow use a fog machine in their 2012 show? Did this rule exist at that point or is there a loophole?

Honestly, I'm not quite sure. I know Broken Arrow's show that year had fog in the pre show and it disappeared pretty quickly when the show began.

If the smoke remained in the air for half an hour like the previous commenter said, there might be a legit problem. Otherwise, they might be fine?

8 hours ago, GeekBoy54 said:

Honestly, I'm not quite sure. I know Broken Arrow's show that year had fog in the pre show and it disappeared pretty quickly when the show began.

If the smoke remained in the air for half an hour like the previous commenter said, there might be a legit problem. Otherwise, they might be fine?

Oh mannnn...I am really hoping SLC doesn't get penalized. They have had a roller coaster of a season and I have been hoping that this might be a really happy weekend for these kids and their program. 🥺

M&G Johnson had a fantastic run today. They will be representing Team Texas in semis for sure. Prosper is up in about 5 minutes followed by Tarpon Springs.

Tarpon Springs is a 2A school (technically). 2A is a meat grinder this year. My guess is that they will win it but Kiski has put out what is my favorite show from them since the early 90s. 

Mustang's show this year is another wildly fun presentation. I think they cleaned up a lot since St. Louis. 

Prosper had a good run. They will be through to semis and IMO are at the top of the finals bubble if they can clean up a little bit. Their strong point music had a little dirt that when they clean up will help them tremendously to getting to finals. What a gorgeous and delicate ballad. 

Tarpon Springs. I hope I never get tired of being surprised by them. Every year they come out with a high demand visual treat. They sound AMAZING! That fluegelhorn and bari sax soloists are FIRE! Holy guard accuracy batman. Incredible. 

31 minutes ago, MikeKyu said:

Prosper had a good run. They will be through to semis and IMO are at the top of the finals bubble if they can clean up a little bit. Their strong point music had a little dirt that when they clean up will help them tremendously to getting to finals. What a gorgeous and delicate ballad. 

Tarpon Springs. I hope I never get tired of being surprised by them. Every year they come out with a high demand visual treat. They sound AMAZING! That fluegelhorn and bari sax soloists are FIRE! Holy guard accuracy batman. Incredible. 

After watching videos of Tarpon from Orlando, I was blown away as well! Their soloist are on a whole different level, and the show is so creative and fun, and they play and march the heck out of it!!! 

6 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

After watching videos of Tarpon from Orlando, I was blown away as well! Their soloist are on a whole different level, and the show is so creative and fun, and they play and march the heck out of it!!! 

There was some dirt today but that will clean up as the contest continues I believe. I see them taking American art forms to the top 4 this year. 

2 hours ago, VinoGirl said:

Oh mannnn...I am really hoping SLC doesn't get penalized. They have had a roller coaster of a season and I have been hoping that this might be a really happy weekend for these kids and their program. 🥺

I don't think a penalty would matter that much for them in prelims, They'll easily still make semis. However if it happens again it definitely would hurt their odds to make it out of semis.

1 hour ago, Origin said:

Broken Arrow was amazing as always. I’m just not connecting with the show as much as I would like. 

Yeah, Broken Arrow is great. Brass sounds are fantastic and they move well. They have only done one show recently that I can really connect with. And that's why this activity is an art. It's okay to not connect with some of it but still be able to understand why it's so good. 

Semi-Finalists (Random Order):

Dobyns-Bennett

American Fork

Murray

Stoneman Douglas

Prosper

Broken Arrow

Kiski Area

Grain Valley

William Mason

Fishers

Brownsburg

Centerville

O'Fallon Township

Castle

Tarpon Springs

Avon

James F Byrnes

Robert E Hendrickson

Homestead

Southlake Carroll

Lakota West

Goshen

Carmel

Morton

Beechwood

Jenison

Bourbon County

Lincoln-Way Community

Mustang

Plymouth-Canton

Moe & Gene Johnson

Rosemount

Lakota East

Archbishop Alter

Semi's Schedule:

(Class A Bands)

7:15 - Murray

7:30 - Bourbon County

7:45 - Beechwood

8:00 - Archbishop Alter

(Next 8, First Half)

8:15 - Kiski Area

8:30 - Plymouth-Canton

8:45 - Lakota East

9:00 - Grain Valley

(Top 22)

9:45 - Jenison

10:00 - Dobyns-Bennett

10:15 - Avon

10:30 - Broken Arrow

10:45 - Moe & Gene Johnson

11:00 - Morton

11:15 - Fishers

11:30 - Centerville

11:45 - William Mason

12:00 - Castle

12:15 - Robert E Hendrickson

12:30 - Southlake Carroll

12:45 - Brownsburg

1:30 - Carmel

1:45 - Mustang

2:00 - American Fork

2:15 - Prosper

2:30 - Tarpon Springs

2:45 - Stoneman Douglas

3:00 - O'Fallon Township

3:15 - Rosemount

3:30 - Homestead

(Next 8, Second Half)

3:45 - Lakaota West

4:00 - Lincoln-Way Coummunity

4:15 - Goshen

4:30 - James F Byrnes

1 minute ago, Tubalord11 said:

Just realized something… no Marian Catholic!!! This is crazy, and while I know they haven’t necessarily had an upward trajectory in recent years, seeing them not make semis for the first time in literally forever is just crazy!!! 

For the first time ever actually. 

Carmel and Marian Catholic (until this year) were the only bands to make every single Grand Nats semifinal. This leaves Carmel as the only band to never miss semifinals.

24 minutes ago, lost said:

For the first time ever actually. 

Carmel and Marian Catholic (until this year) were the only bands to make every single Grand Nats semifinal. This leaves Carmel as the only band to never miss semifinals.

Is that every semifinals of every edition of grand nats or do you mean a successful attempt every time they participated?