2022 BOA Grand Nationals (Nov. 10 - 12)

9 hours ago, Holt87 said:

Seven Lakes announced on Monday night that they were going to Grand Nats this year.

I had a sneaking suspicion that we were building up to this, but I was not expecting us to be the first Houston band aside from the Woodlands to make the trip this decade. SSH! is going to be special.

Very proud alumni moment 😎

1 hour ago, gmtb617 said:

I had a sneaking suspicion that we were building up to this, but I was not expecting us to be the first Houston band aside from the Woodlands to make the trip this decade. SSH! is going to be special.

Very proud alumni moment 😎

I agree. I thought Pearland was going to be first one but anywho, I can not wait to see Seven Lakes do well at Nationals.

On 11/17/2021 at 12:03 PM, slowbrass said:

Hebron will be back in 2023 as long as this whole rose parade thing doesn’t totally drain them financially (mostly a joke but those expenses are real). I’m curious to see what Vandegrift does. Will they be an every other year school like CTJ and The Woodlands? Will they slide into a 4 year rotation like Hebron/FloMo/Marcus? It also feels like it’s been a while since we saw the Cedars at Nats (Ridge and Park). I’d also like to see LD Bell make the trip again. And who but leandermomma knows what Leander’s plans are lol.

Vandegrift is not going. They're going to the Macy's Day Parade this year. 

23 minutes ago, LostChoirGuy said:

I want Keller to return also.  It's been too long!  They could take along Timber Creek and Keller Central with them for the whole Keller experience.

I have great confidence that Keller will return in 2023. Especially after they make top half at SA this fall. I anticipate that TC and/or KC will be making the trip soon as well. Would be cool to have all 3 go in the same year. Though, I think someone posted over on hornrank that TC's head director is leaving so idk how things will go over there. They had such a great season in 2021 and I'm still waiting for the day that 2 KISD bands end up in finals at SA.

On 5/20/2022 at 11:39 PM, josephbandfan said:

I have great confidence that Keller will return in 2023. Especially after they make top half at SA this fall. I anticipate that TC and/or KC will be making the trip soon as well. Would be cool to have all 3 go in the same year. Though, I think someone posted over on hornrank that TC's head director is leaving so idk how things will go over there. They had such a great season in 2021 and I'm still waiting for the day that 2 KISD bands end up in finals at SA.

Many of us were really hoping that Keller would go in 2022. Next year's graduating class hasn't had the experience of going out of state during their 4 years.  Would have been great for them to of had a chance.

On 5/20/2022 at 11:39 PM, josephbandfan said:

There are rumblings that there could be a staff change at Keller as a result of the head director opening at Timber Creek.  It will be interesting to see if that affects their plans at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 5:55 PM, LeanderMomma said:

The 2022 Bands of America Grand National Championships will be held November 10-12th, 2022 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN.

It’s never too soon to start planning and chatting about the Texas bands who are (or rumored to be) attending GN next fall!

You know, this is random, however I really love when people make these threads literally as soon as the previous season comes to and end. It warms my heart. Love the enthusiasm. 

This season is going to be fun to watch, first full competitive season removed from *the event*. A lot of director shakeups at a lot of top programs in the last few years. Interesting how a full season works out for a lot of these schools experiencing a lot of change right now. 

Go #TeamTexas!

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Samuel Culper said:

This combined with the fact that we have ZERO oos bands coming to San Antonio - Very disappointing.

Well do keep in mind… it’s better than 1… 2018 prosper was the only school to attend nats and there’s still plenty of time for oos schools to register for San Antonio! 

On 11/16/2021 at 5:55 PM, LeanderMomma said:

The 2022 Bands of America Grand National Championships will be held November 10-12th, 2022 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN.

There are 91 bands confirmed AS OF 07/19/2022:

Confirmed (Texas bands in bold):
American Fork H.S., UT (AAAA)
Arcanum H.S., OH (A)
Archbishop Alter H.S., OH (A)
Ardrey Kell H.S., NC (AAAA)
Avon H.S., IN (AAAA)
Avon H.S., OH (AA)
Bassett H.S., VA (AA)
Beechwood H.S., KY (A)
Bellbrook H.S., OH (AA)
Broken Arrow H.S., OK (AAAA)
Brownsburg H.S., IN (AAAA)
Campbell County H.S., KY (AA)
Carlisle H.S., OH (A)
Carmel H.S., IN (AAAA)
Castle H.S., IN (AAA)
Catawba Ridge H.S., SC (AA)
Center Grove H.S., IN (AAAA)
Centerville H.S., OH (AAAA)
Chesapeake H.S., OH (A)
Christian Academy of Louisville, KY (A)
Cleveland H.S., NC (AAA)
Colerain H.S., OH (AAA)
Columbus Schools, IN (AAAA)
Cumberland County H.S., KY (A)
D'Iberville H.S., MS (AA)
Deer Creek H.S., OK (AAA)
DeSoto Central H.S., MS (AAA)
DeWitt H.S., MI (AA)
Dobyns-Bennett H.S., TN (AAA)
East Clinton H.S., OH (A)
Fairborn H.S., OH (AA)
Finneytown H.S., OH (A)
Fishers H.S., IN (AAAA)
Forest Hills Schools, OH (AAA)
Goodpasture Christian School, TN (A)
Goshen H.S., IN (AAA)
Grain Valley H.S., MO (AA)
Green Level H.S., NC (AAA)
Greendale H.S., WI (AA)
Greenfield Central H.S., IN (AA)
Hamilton H.S., OH (AAA)
Hardin Valley Academy H.S., TN (AAA)
Hendrickson H.S., TX (AAA)
Homestead H.S., IN (AAA or AAAA)
Huron Valley Schools, MI (AAAA)
James F. Byrnes H.S., SC (AAAA)
Jenison H.S., MI (AA)
Kiski Area H.S., PA (AA)
Lake Hamilton H.S., AR (AA)
Lakota East H.S., OH (AAA)
Lakota West H.S., OH (AAAA)
La Salle H.S., OH (A)
Lawrence Township H.S., IN (AAAA)
Legacy H.S., CO (AAA)
Lincoln-Way H.S., IL (AAAA)
Moe and Gene Johnson H.S., TX (AAA)
Marian Catholic H.S., IL (AA)
Meade County H.S., KY (AA)
Miamisburg H.S., OH (AA)
Milford H.S., OH (AAA)
Monrovia H.S., IN (A)
Morton H.S., IL (AA)
Murphysboro H.S., IL (A)
Murray H.S., KY (A)
Mustang H.S., OK (AAAA)
North Hardin H.S., KY (AA)
Norton H.S., OH (A)
O'Fallon Township H.S., IL (AAAA) 
Panther Creek H.S., NC (AAA)
Piqua H.S., OH (AA)
Plymouth-Canton E.P., MI (AAAA)
Prosper H.S., TX (AAAA)
Ravenwood H.S., TN (AAA)
Reeths-Puffer H.S., MI (AA)
Rosemount H.S., MN (AAA or AAAA)
Shawe Memorial H.S., IN (A)
South Oldham H.S., KY (AA)
South Point H.S., OH (A)
Southlake Carroll H.S., TX (AAAA)
Springboro H.S., OH (AAA)
Stoneman Douglas H.S., FL (AAAA)
Summit H.S., TN (AA)
Talawanda H.S., OH (AA)
Tarpon Springs H.S., FL (AA)
Tippecanoe H.S., OH (A)
Walter E. Stebbins H.S., OH (AA)
Warren Local H.S., OH (A)
William Mason H.S., OH (AAAA)
Wilmington H.S., OH (AA) 
Windermere H.S., FL (AAAA)
Worthington Kilbourne H.S., OH (AA)

Added the current list of attending bands to the first post. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...